Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd did not fight Baldomir after the Judah fight he would have been crusified

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Margarito would have been the fight to make. You can't ducked a just defeated champ so we know no excuse about ducking would have surfaced.
    Too scared of losing?

"Mayweather has mentioned that he'd rather jump to 154 and fight Winky Wright than fight Margarito," Diaz said. "He says it's a better loss to lose against Winky Wright than it is to Antonio."
    He low-balled Wright out of a fight too

But as that deal was finalized, a proposed Nov. 12 bout between Winky Wright and Floyd Mayweather fell apart as the two met at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

"M-O-N-E-Y," stated Shaw in spelling out the reason why this bout between two of the premier prizefighters in the world will not be taking place. "I thought we had a deal. I spoke with Don King, King was on board, Jim Wilkes was on board, Winky Wright was on board. We agreed to 154 pounds, we agreed to another morning weight because they (Mayweather's team) were concerned about the weight -- Winky couldn't gain more than eight pounds above 154."

Arum confirmed that Wright-Mayweather is dead as of now.

"There were requests made by Floyd Mayweather
    , we laid it out and I think they were fair requests," said the veteran promoter. "Gary rejected them, so there's no fight. We have to sit with Floyd and we'll figure out [what we do next].

"Floyd's been talking a lot of trash, saying he's going to knock Winky out; he told Kevin Iole he wants to fight," said Shaw. "He wanted the fight on Sunday. On Monday I went to Top Rank's office personally. My feeling is that Floyd never wanted the fight. He was just talking smack."

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Too scared of losing?
      To scared of losing to a Judah who just lost to Baldomir?? Please.

Comment

To scared of losing to a Judah who just lost to Baldomir?? Please.
        I feel we're at cross-purposes. I was referencing your mention of Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          I feel we're at cross-purposes. I was referencing your mention of Margarito.
          I clearly said Margarito was the fight to be made instead of Judah, a useless fight. But yes, absolutely Floyd was scared of losing to Margarito, which is why he fought Judah & Hatton instead.

Even after Margarito ran him from his own interview. But notice how he jumped all over a lightweight Marquez when he called him out. Then proved to the world he was a full fledged welterweight by failing to make weight.

Comment

Shut up. Everybody knew Margarito was the man to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              wtf does crusified mean?
              Did you mean to say crucified?
              You don't spell check before you post do you?
              Does one latter really confuse you that much?

Comment

Ohh, I agree, but I wasn't aware we were talking about Pacman too. The other thing to look at on the point of Pacman is Morales owned a W over him still making their fight more understandable.
                its been a while since i seen that fight but damn cotto big bro was giving to ginger ass that night, beautiful hook too just imagine had that guy ever had one fight at 54 ginger wouldve probably been tko.

Comment

why did he fight judah in the first place? that was garbage. margarito was ranked #1 for over 3 years and instead he fights a guy that just lost to a journeyman? baldomir was crap. hbo should have forced baldomir to fight margarito but instead they gave him a shot gatti in order to preserve the mayweather fight. either floyd and his team infiltrated hbo to give him easy fights or they willingly made easy fights for the sake of ratings and to create a "superstar"

Comment

Floyds reasons for not fighting tony, "he has four losses and nobody knows who he is".

OK, but you will fight the guy with more than twice the amount of losses with an even smaller fan base?

Smart business decision I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      why did he fight judah in the first place? that was garbage. margarito was ranked #1 for over 3 years and instead he fights a guy that just lost to a journeyman? baldomir was crap. hbo should have forced baldomir to fight margarito but instead they gave him a shot gatti in order to preserve the mayweather fight. either floyd and his team infiltrated hbo to give him easy fights or they willingly made easy fights for the sake of ratings and to create a "superstar"
                      Because the fight was signed prior to it. But you knew that.Antonio wasn't #1 for 3 years come on dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X