No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland's Meyer: Klitschko Avoiding The Povetkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    Haha. Well, at least Vitali > Wladimir? Right?
    Head-to-head yes. Resume wise no.

Vitali was always my favourite. He still is, but Wlad has grown a lot on me.

Comment

Absolutely. You are talking about things you don't know anything about. Sauerland was there way before K2 - they will be there way after K2. To state K2 has more power and influence is simply ill researched and quite frankly, nonsense. You have no idea whether they will win a purse bid or not.
      Universum was once bigger than Sauerland, now they're far behind K2. Don't get me wrong, Sauerland still has a very strong stable, but would they go all out for a guy that has next to no chance of beating Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Universum was once bigger than Sauerland, now they're far behind K2. Don't get me wrong, Sauerland still has a very strong stable, but would they go all out for a guy that has next to no chance of beating Wlad?
        Who, besides WladimirK obviously, knows? This could be a ploy from Sauerland trying to get a bigger bid from K2 and thereby a larger share for their man Povetkin.

Still my point about ARD not being happy stands, and that could potentially trigger a big bid from Sauerland who has a sjitload of money not only from boxing but also from selling sodas in RSA.

Comment

That's not the issue. I'm not saying they would win purse bids, but to suggest Sauerland is inferior to K2 promotions is a joke. It's an established promotional company that has staged world events for a lot of fighters. K2 can't say the same.

Comment

If Sauerland wins the purse bid, the fight won't happen which means Wladimir gets stripped of his WBA super title and Povetkin becomes sole WBA champ, and, due to the fight not happening, Sauerland won't have to pay the purse at all. A win-win situation for Sauerland.

They know Wladimir will never fight on ARD due to his RTL-exclusive contract, that's set in stone.
            Last edited by Chillman; 01-19-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

That's not the issue. I'm not saying they would win purse bids, but to suggest Sauerland is inferior to K2 promotions is a joke. It's an established promotional company that has staged world events for a lot of fighters. K2 can't say the same.
              K2 is no Sauerland, but their investment in Wlad is obviously bigger than Sauerland vs AP. But K2 is doing really well. The MSG show tonight is a K2 copromo AFAIK, HBO is all in on GG which should open up more good undercard spots for them. They keep getting Afolabi title shots, Banks made some noise recently and has another premium date.

Comment

K2 is no Sauerland, but their investment in Wlad is obviously bigger than Sauerland vs AP. But K2 is doing really well. The MSG show tonight is a K2 copromo AFAIK, HBO is all in on GG which should open up more good undercard spots for them. They keep getting Afolabi title shots, Banks made some noise recently and has another premium date.
                I mean I agree. But let's be honest, the hold three elite fighters - GGG, and the brothers. Afelobi will never be anything special. But the point is not whether Sauerland would win purse bids, if they have the power to and they obviously do. Do they care enough about Povetkin to make a grand bid? I doubt it. But they certainly could if they wanted to.

Comment

Agreed. Brainless is a good word. Small minds small pleasures. Mantra of all Klitschko fans.
                  LMAO at this chump insulting the guy who was agreeing with him not knowing he is a Klitschko fan himself.

You're the small minded one. You sit here and **** on the Klitschkos while you list David Haye (a complete joke of a fighter) as one of your favorite boxers. Now that is some brainless **** right there.

Obviously you don't have any respect for the Klitschko's skills and humble personalities because you prefer fighters who are loudmouth c*nt wipes like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Who, besides WladimirK obviously, knows? This could be a ploy from Sauerland trying to get a bigger bid from K2 and thereby a larger share for their man Povetkin.

Still my point about ARD not being happy stands, and that could potentially trigger a big bid from Sauerland who has a sjitload of money not only from boxing but also from selling sodas in RSA.

However much they are willing to bid I am willing to bet the Klitschko's will come out of pocket to make the better offer if necessary.

They've been enjoying multi million dollar paydays and 80-20 purse splits for what seems like a solid decade now.

I can see that Sauerland is probably willing to bid a lot more this time around. I just can't imagine that K2 wouldn't make an outrageous offer themselves if that is what is necessary to secure a fight without corrupt Sauerland officials.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Don't be ridiculous. Wlad isn't "timid" about fighting Povetkin, who is tailor-made for him.
                      Yep I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X