Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Spots Up The ATG Would Wins over Cotto and Tony Have Moved Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    He sure does, Guerrro definitely has a better Resume at Welterweight where Mayweather is fighting him. Mayweather ALWAYS fights fighters at their best weights. Definitely doesn't cherry pick.

Marquez, Cotto, Hatton, Guerrero all at their best weights . Money is da truth
    All im saying is guerrero is a better more complete fighter then margarito

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      Before the Margarito fight and leading up to that fight's finish, Mayweather/Cotto was the fight everyone was talking about. It was Mayweather/Pac before Mayweather/Pac.

Every thread on this stupid site was dedicated to how that fight played out, every thread analyzing and debating if Floyd had the power, tenacity to keep Cotto off of him, and vice-versa.

Two prime Welterweights, headed to a HoF career...it was the 2007/2008 version of De La Hoya/Trindad.

We got the fight five years later when it didn't matter and while the fight was entertaining, it was nothing like it could have been. When I grow old and pass on boxing to my kids (my son now loving Trout for beating Cotto) I'll always think about how that fight could have been in 07/08. Back when Cotto was pure Terminator and Mayweather was lightning. There was even the spectacle of a worthy trilogy for Mayweather. Now, his first loss will be to Robert Guerrero
      I wouldn't be surprised by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
        And so was Cotto when Margarito destroyed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised by that.
          Me either...I will probably bet on it if the odds are impressive...

Shame really...fighters of a certain caliber should have Ls on their record of equal caliber of fighter. Guerrero is a nice fighter, above average, but whatever. I do love his mental toughness, very impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
            Guerrero is not better than Margarito. Maybe has a little more skill. Margarito would wreck Guerrero's life

Comment

Guerrero is not better than Margarito. Maybe has a little more skill. Margarito would wreck Guerrero's life
              It's that hth that gets folks. I believe the Ghost is far more skilled than Margarito. But hth with Margarito's size, chin & stamina, he wrecks the Ghost. But I think the Ghost would do better against different fighters than Margarito would. Boxing is weird like that.

Comment

Me either...I will probably bet on it if the odds are impressive...

Shame really...fighters of a certain caliber should have Ls on their record of equal caliber of fighter. Guerrero is a nice fighter, above average, but whatever. I do love his mental toughness, very impressive
                That's how I really feel. I mean if we honestly compare the Ghost to all of Floyd's recent opponents, the closest skill wise we come is Cotto. Then I factor in a few things like wear & tear (and Floyd returning to 147), after a lengthy layoff. And age & how Cotto past his prime was able to be relatively competitive, I just think the Ghost will do that much better.

Comment

I voted top 30 if as you say for sake of discussion he was already #40 on the all time great list.I doubt anyone voting in this poll has a top 40 all time great list numbered from 1 to 40. I doubt if you have such a list.

Comment

im a floyd fan but floyd vs cotto was the fight to make ,the tension for that fight was as high as it was for floyd vs manny in 2010.

while i believe manny ducked floyd ,floyd by retiring did duck a prime cotto had he at leasted attempted the fight i would give him props but he didnt.

Comment

Name one fighter where a victory over Margarito and changing the time he fought Cotto (which in reality would only change that value a slight amount, the rest would be hype related which no real boxing fan should care about) that would put Floyd ahead of them.

That you couldn't already make a case he was at least on par with (or fairly close)~

Comment

Working...
                      X