Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup. Dude never fought dangerous guys in their prime.

Comment

• I believe so, but he ended up fighting em all in the end passed prime or not its not like floyd didnt age too but it would of been better for his legacy had he beat them all in 2008 and 2009

Comment

• This retired Floyd in 2007.
        Last edited by Vasyl’s dad; 12-29-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
          This retired Floyd in 2007.
          Floyd didn't want it with a monster like Margarito. And DLH deserved the rematch.

Comment

• Floyd retired to clean his system, and 147 is too crowded for his liking.

retired recently cleansing his system again full of saline and vitamin c

Comment

• Floyd ruins lives.

Comment

• did you retire 12/31/2015 because you were so butthurt you wanted to avoid other posters?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  did you retire 12/31/2015 because you were so butthurt you wanted to avoid other posters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Did Floyd "retire" after fighting the 140 boxer Ricky Hatton because he was shook at the idea of fighting all the prime welterweight at that time?

Mosley was still very good at that time, and he called Floyd out on ESPN in 2007. There were people like Margarito, prime Cotto, Clottey (who beat the former Floyd opponent Corrales), and Paul Williams.

Did Floyd "retire" to avoid those guys?

Floyd made Hatton move up to 147 and fight in his hometown, but Floyd would never consider moving up a weight division and fighting Vernon Forrest.
                    No I dont think so. I honestly didnt see anybody at the time beating Floyd because he was is so skilled and finds a way to win(maybe Paul Williams due to his style). I thought in my opinion it was more of a business move than anything so when he came back to fight the top fighters, his fights would be in high demand. I honestly believe it was more business than anything else.

Comment

• Wow that's what I call a landslide poll.

Comment

Working...
                      X