Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Retired to get out of his deal with TopRank and leave Bob Arum

Comment

• Originally posted by BajanXLegend View Post
      Floyd Retired to get out of his deal with TopRank and leave Bob Arum

Floyd fans will say anything to protect their hero, Floyd .... and one of the top excuses on there list is: If all else fails, "blame Arum".

Comment

• my black friend bleached his skin when floyd retired tat day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BajanXLegend View Post
          Floyd Retired to get out of his deal with TopRank and leave Bob Arum
          No, he left Top Rank long before he "retired".

Top Rank wasn't Floyd's promoter for the Baldomir, De La Hoya and Hatton fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
            Did Floyd "retire" after fighting the 140 boxer Ricky Hatton because he was shook at the idea of fighting all the prime welterweight at that time?

Mosley was still very good at that time, and he called Floyd out on ESPN in 2007. There were people like Margarito, prime Cotto, Clottey (who beat the former Floyd opponent Corrales), and Paul Williams.

Did Floyd "retire" to avoid those guys?

Floyd made Hatton move up to 147 and fight in his hometown, but Floyd would never consider moving up a weight division and fighting Vernon Forrest.
            the only person that I honestly think he avoided was Margarito. Cotto always said he would leave it to the promoters and I think he said he wasn't ready. There was a video of margarito walking up to Mayweather and it honestly looked like Mayweather was nervous as hell.

Comment

• 10 clear misses/ ducks. That with his resume
              Puts him at no higher then 36 all time ..
              But self preservation took over .

Comment

• I have no doubt that Mayweather would roll over those 2007/2008 welterweights, but the way he took his @ss out at that time specifically damaged a lot his legacy.. For me, its like IF Hearns avoided Leonard, Duran, Hagler during the 80s

Comment

• Lmao. Roll through them??? At that time he was a weak welter, fast yes but not strong. Now he is stronger . Some say when he pointed at
                  Pac being on roids, it was really him juicing.
                  Usada !!!! Can anyone trust them

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. X View Post
                    There was a video of margarito walking up to Mayweather and it honestly looked like Mayweather was nervous as hell.
                    Margarito had Floyd shook.

Comment

• Clearer then Bottled Water.

Comment

Working...
                      X