Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at these floydiots defending Floyd blindly. Even though Floyd already admitted he cherry picked his fights, confessed he avoided dangerous opponents because his health must comes first, his hallucinating fans still pretending like Floyd didn't say those words from his own mouth.

Comment

• what a fuckin' fraud.

Comment

• Margarito
        Williams
        Prime cotto
        Younger Mosley who lost to cotto looked like **** against mayorga.

Marquez
        Mosley
        Ortiz
        154 cotto
        Guerrero
        And soon to be Canelo

I think the second list ****s on the first personally you can't really tell me those 4 fighters two of which he fought later on make that much of a difference hell he fought better fighters in his comeback.

Cotto was gonna be damaged goods no matter what
        Williams lost to Quintana
        And Margo well he woulda ate a million punches hurt Floyd's hands and bored us all to death and Mosley at any point past 07 woulda took the same ass whipping you can't tell me y'all don't see that.

The only fighter he should be *****ed at for is Williams whose speed punch rate and chin would've made it tough but ask your self this would the second half of fighters he fought beat the 2007 ww's if you think they would then this thread is ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          When Floyd called Cotto out a 140, Cotto had as many fights as Floyd Mayweather. All of Cotto's fights had taken place at 140, while 90 percent of Mayweather's fights had taken place at 130, and Cotto was a world champion at 140. There wasn't a damn thing that was green about Cotto.

Mayweather called Mosley out at 135 when Mayweather was fighting at 130. Mosley turned the fight down because there was too much risk and not enough money, but I guess that doesn't count in your mind. After Mosley turned Mayweather down at 147, Mayweather chose to fight Oscar at 154 for $20 million. Even a hater like you can't argue with that logic.

In spite of how you and the other idiot haters on this site try to spin it, Pacquaio turned down a fight with Floyd,not the other way around. When Mayweather said he wanted to fight Pacquaio in May 2012, Bob Arum told Richard Schafer that he was not interested in making the fight and refused to sit down with Richard Schafer to negotiate the fight. That is an undisputed fact. The phone call to Pac offering him $40 million was a desperate attempt by Mayweather to make the fight happen. It was a waste of time because Pac had no say in who he fought. The decision to not make the fight was already made by Arum.

Neither Paul Williams or Martinez brought a damn thing to the table, so you are just showing your lack of knowledge by mentioning them.

Everybody and his brother calls out Floyd just as they did with Oscar De La Hoya. That doesn't mean that Floyd has to fight everybody who calls him out because Oscar didn't, and Floyd he damn sure doesn't have to prove anything to haters like you. Your hater opinions don't change that.

let's talk FACTS

Neither Paul Williams or Martinez brought a damn thing to the table? .......
          1) but guys like Baldomir and Guerrero did?
          2) Floyd fan excuses are actually Floyd excuses too (read below). While we are talking fights you are talking about excuses. So are we talking about Floyd fighting the best out there or not? If you say it's not then why are you trying so desperately to tell us that he fights the best? That is crazy talk!!! If you say that Floyd does NOT fight the best then you are agreeing with us. So???

COTTO:

Arum - The one guy that I can see beating Floyd is Cotto but not now (ie. not ready yet) .... Young fighter like Cotto needs to fight often. The busier they are the better they become.
          At 2:40

MOSLEY: When it comes to Floyd, talk is cheap. Everyone knew that Mosley was going up to fight Oscar ..... even Floyd knew that. You didn't?

Later on, Floyd said he didn't want to fight Mosley but Mosley, except for that one month where he had a pre-planned vacation, kept on saying "YES I WANT FLOYD"

about a week after Floyd vs Baldomir

about Nov 11, 2006. "Do you want to fight Floyd?" "Yes I want to fight Floyd, even for my next fight"
          at 2:25
          http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/ssm.wmv

After Oscar vs Floyd, Mosley wanted Floyd:

In 2007, Mosley at 1:57 minute mark "Floyd is growing feather ..... Floyd doesn't want to fight me because .... I fought big guys like Winky, I don't dodge. Floyd on the other hand likes to PICK AND CHOOSE ...... my first choice for next fight is Floyd"

Mosley the WW champ, was interviewed and Floyd's excuse at 40 second mark why he doesn't want to fight Mosley:

Floyd: "Who is Mosley? The guy who ...."

MANNY:
          Again, when it comes to Floyd, talk is cheap (eg. Manny you are NEXT .... later .... I never said Manny is next)

The issue last year was Floyd wanting "ALL PPV money". Don't change the facts!
          Arum accepts but want 50/50 for May 2012
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=531334

Manny agrees too including the May 5th date
          http://www.mp8.ph/news/official-stat...ay-5th-3/13062

.... But Pacquiao said he is ready anytime including May 5th provided Mayweather drops all his demands (ie. I want ALL PPV money) and just agrees to an even split in the fight revenues.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/73589/...%80%99s-do-it/

Last edited by ADP02; 07-07-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            let's talk FACTS

Neither Paul Williams or Martinez brought a damn thing to the table? .......
            1) but guys like Baldomir and Guerrero did?
            2) Floyd fan excuses are actually Floyd excuses too (read below). While we are talking fights you are talking about excuses. So are we talking about Floyd fighting the best out there or not? If you say it's not then why are you trying so desperately to tell us that he fights the best? That is crazy talk!!! If you say that Floyd does NOT fight the best then you are agreeing with us. So???

COTTO:

Arum - The one guy that I can see beating Floyd is Cotto but not now (ie. not ready yet) .... Young fighter like Cotto needs to fight often. The busier they are the better they become.
            At 2:40

MOSLEY: When it comes to Floyd, talk is cheap. Everyone knew that Mosley was going up to fight Oscar ..... even Floyd knew that. You didn't?

Later on, Floyd said he didn't want to fight Mosley but Mosley, except for that one month where he had a pre-planned vacation, kept on saying "YES I WANT FLOYD"

about a week after Floyd vs Baldomir

about Nov 11, 2006. "Do you want to fight Floyd?" "Yes I want to fight Floyd, even for my next fight"
            at 2:25
            http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/ssm.wmv

After Oscar vs Floyd, Mosley wanted Floyd:

In 2007, Mosley at 1:57 minute mark "Floyd is growing feather ..... Floyd doesn't want to fight me because .... I fought big guys like Winky, I don't dodge. Floyd on the other hand likes to PICK AND CHOOSE ...... my first choice for next fight is Floyd"

Mosley interviewed and Floyd's excuse at 40 second mark why he doesn't want to fight Mosley:

Floyd: "Who is Mosley? The guy who ...."

MANNY: Again, when it comes to Floyd, talk is cheap (eg. Manny you are NEXT .... later .... I never said Manny is next)

The issue last year was Floyd wanting "ALL PPV money". Don't change the facts!
            Arum accepts but want 50/50 for May 2012
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=531334

Manny agrees too including the May 5th date
            http://www.mp8.ph/news/official-stat...ay-5th-3/13062

.... But Pacquiao said he is ready anytime including May 5th provided Mayweather drops all his demands (ie. I want ALL PPV money) and just agrees to an even split in the fight revenues.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/73589/...%80%99s-do-it/

2Man you are still at it. Everyone. Knows manny turned down the fight in 2009. You just keep pretending to forget that. Why? Because manny doesn't look so good turning down a fight over a small ped test. Arum and manny onlypretend to show interest in fighting floyd when they can spin facts to their gullable minions and make it look good for them.

Manny is a chinese vegas act now-appearing exclusively at the macau mgm like wayne newton or celine dion. He'll rack up cheap win after cheap win and you can finally put december 2012 behind you and go back to floyd is ducking manny mantra you love. Meanwhile back at the top...
            Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-07-2013, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Take a look at the 37 dummies that think Floyd DID NOT retire to duck the entire WW division...as well as the rematch with DLH!

$0uthpaw, -EX-, -Kev-, adamdoyle, ajohnz, Allucard, Big Dunn, Brandish, chaposinaloa, crold1, da chosen 1, damuttz112, DanboSmitty, DeadLikeMe, deliveryman, Djanxx, Fuchs23, GoldenAssassin, Kenny MF Powers, KillaMANE704, Kingjames6, libal44, Mannie Phresh, markfrombrookly, messimania, mostwant3d10, mrcupide2, Pretty Boy Swag, S H A R K B O Y, Sammy2g3, sittingduck, swagswag, TheBoxing****er, TheExecutioner5, TheSlickster, vincentjr, warp1432

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                Margarito
                Williams
                Prime cotto

Marquez
                Mosley
                Ortiz
                154 cotto
                Guerrero
                And soon to be Canelo

I think the second list ****s on the first personally you can't really tell me those 4 fighters two of which he fought later on make that much of a difference hell he fought better fighters in his comeback.

And Margo well he woulda ate a million punches hurt Floyd's hands and bored us all to death and Mosley at any point past 07 woulda took the same ass whipping you can't tell me y'all don't see that.

The only fighter he should be *****ed at for is Williams whose speed punch rate and chin would've made it tough but ask your self this would the second half of fighters he fought beat the 2007 ww's if you think they would then this thread is ******.
                You were like 12 back then

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  2Man you are still at it. Everyone. Knows manny turned down the fight in 2009. You just keep pretending to forget that. Why? Because manny doesn't look so good turning down a fight over a small ped test. Arum and manny onlypretend to show interest in fighting floyd when they can spin I and make it look good for them.

Manny is a chinese sideshow now-appearing exclusively at the macau mgm like wayne newton or celine dion. He'll rack up cheap win after cheap win and you can finally put december 2012 behind you. Meanwhile back at the top...
                  The poster was discussing 2012 not 2009. Even then, those 3+ years in between proved that Floyd was not interested because once Manny accepted Floyd just kept on back-pedaling. Sometimes Floyd was 1, 2 or even 3 steps ahead in his back-pedaling! From removing cut-off dates to there were no negotiations to going on several extended vacations to requiring tune-ups first. Then when we thought it may finally happen (ie. no more roadblocks), Floyd says 3 years later: "by the way, I forgot to mention this earlier but .... I want ALL PPV money".

but it wasn't just Manny as you know!
                  but it wasn't just Arum fighters as you know!
                  Last edited by ADP02; 07-07-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
                    You were like 12 back then
                    Great what's your ****ing point does that mean I can't read or haven't seen the fights from that time frame?

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                      Margarito
                      Williams
                      Prime cotto

Marquez
                      Mosley
                      Ortiz
                      154 cotto
                      Guerrero
                      And soon to be Canelo

Do me a favor. Log off, tie a rope around your neck and hang yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X