No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Eyes Hatton Revenge, Targets Senchenko For 4/20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    So Khan should fight an actual 140lber then, and there are many to choose from.

Matthysse/Allakhverdiev/Mayfield/Shafikov/Olusegun/Cuenca/Postol/ Provodnikov, etc.
    none of those names can match Senchenko right now...except Lucas..But he is semi booked for Garcia. Those are the only two punchers Khan should be fighting at 140.

with that said, this is a good fight. So shut up and enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Let's see what Rosado says after the fight, see Chad Dawson.

Khan is a JWW, Senchenko is a WW, it is entirely fair that if they are to fight they meet somewhere in the middle.

Hunter says he wants Khan at 140 for some time to come.
      Rosado may very well get knocked out but at least he conducted himself like a man. If Khan is a jww than he should fight a jww and not try to get a career ww to come down in weight like a little *****. This is the same guy who said he could beat Mayweather and was going to move up in weight anyways. You stans make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
        Rosado may very well get knocked out but at least he conducted himself like a man. If Khan is a jww than he should fight a jww and not try to get a career ww to come down in weight like a little *****. This is the same guy who said he could beat Mayweather and was going to move up in weight anyways. You stans make me laugh.
        You missed the point on Rosado. It's not how he fares in the fight, merely the fact he's saying weight is no big deal before the fight. He will likely change his tune if he loses badly, just like Chad Dawson did after claiming he could make 168. In any event Rosado's team did request a catchweight, just like Khan's team is negotiating.

Now, on Khan, if you had actually read the article you'll read Khan is open to moving up in weight to face Senchenko. Truth is, Khan will fight anyone they put in front of him at 140-147, the guy may be a lot of things but coward isn't one of them so you can shelve your criticism of him on that basis. He did say he wanted to move up (primarily for Mayweather money), and that he's open to doing so, but moving up in weight is not the advice of his new coach, Hunter.

Also competitively, forcing someone up in weight can be just as damaging to their prospects as coming down in weight, something which you appear to be overlooking.

The best and fairest solution is imo for them to meet somewhere in the middle.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 01-17-2013, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          You missed the point on Rosado. It's not how he fares in the fight, merely the fact he's saying weight is no big deal before the fight. He will likely change his tune if he loses badly, just like Chad Dawson did after claiming he could make 168. In any event Rosado's team did request a catchweight, just like Khan's team is negotiating.

Now, on Khan, if you had actually read the article you'll read Khan is open to moving up in weight to face Senchenko. Truth is, Khan will fight anyone they put in front of him at 140-147, the guy may be a lot of things but coward isn't one of them so you can shelve your criticism of him on that basis. He did say he wanted to move up (primarily for Mayweather money), and that he's open to doing so, but moving up in weight is not the advice of his new coach, Hunter.

Also competitively, forcing someone up in weight can be just as damaging to their prospects as coming down in weight, something which you appear to be overlooking.

The best and fairest solution is imo for them to meet somewhere in the middle.
          Catchweights are bull**** and a no real boxing fans respect them. If Khan want to stay at 140 he should fight a legitimate jww it's really that simple.

Comment

Catchweights are bull**** and a no real boxing fans respect them. If Khan want to stay at 140 he should fight a legitimate jww it's really that simple.
            Yep, Catchweights are ok to get a mega fight done that couldn't otherwise, but they shouldn't be title fights and they shouldn't be used in regular fights like this potential fight.

Khan should go to 147 anyway, that's his natural size and if not fight someone good at 140.

This would be An interesting fight t 147.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I don't think Khan is as fearless as he's portrayed to be. Just because he can get stopped/beat up/embarrassed and not take a blow to his ego, doesn't mean that he's willing to fight the biggest/baddest/toughest. If he wanted to prove something, he would fight Matthysse/Allakhverdiev. He only has two wins on his resume that I respect (Maidana/Judah). He caught a debatable L from Peterson, lost to Garcia, and is in the rebuilding process. He fights a LW prospect @LWW, doesn't show much progress. Now he wants to bring a WW down to LWW, does that sound like a fighter who's confident in his abilities? Dude is always talkin shit without the skill to back it up. I usually don't criticize Khan cuz it's clear that he has a few screws loose, but it gets annoying after a while. He makes it real easy to dislike him too.

EDIT: Kotelnik was a respectable win too
              If Khan fought Allakhverdiev, everyone would say he is fighting another lightweight with hardly any zip in his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                Yep, Catchweights are ok to get a mega fight done that couldn't otherwise, but they shouldn't be title fights and they shouldn't be used in regular fights like this potential fight.

Khan should go to 147 anyway, that's his natural size and if not fight someone good at 140.

This would be An interesting fight t 147.
                His coach doesn't think he should go to 147 and I fully understand that reasoning. He hasn't cleaned out 140 and is having issues taking punches from 140lb fighters and can still make weight comfortably, why would he move up?

What's more important, the arbitrary weight classes set by boxing or that two fighters go into the ring on the fairest basis possible?

Without catchweights then you're often going to see a situation where one fighter is heavily disadvantaged (e.g. Dawson v Ward).
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-17-2013, 06:56 AM.

Comment

I think Khan should stay away from 147,he won't though,because he wants the big money fights and thats understandable,but he can barely punch at 140 or take a big punch,i don't think going up will help that

Comment

This is a good fight if it happens at 147. Senchenko has pop and a decent skill level. He'll make it a tough fight for Khan. I don't think Khan should be chasing Senchenko if he is looking to stay at 140, there is no reason a man who has campaigned at 147 should come down in weight.

Comment

Its a good fight for Khan. The reason being is first and foremost Khan has the style to beat senchenko and begin to getting back on track towards his title ambitions. Another reason is that it gives Khan the opportunity to win some of the UK fans over - especially after Senchenko took out Hatton. If Khan can get some of the many thousands of Hatton fans onto his train, then its a massive boost to his support base.

Comment

Working...
                      X