Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd's success above 135 is mostly based on other..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only decent fighter he actually missed out on was Cotto in 2008.

- He agreed to a Margarito fight in 2005/06 and Arum declined Floyd's contract extension for some reason

- Pac declined the contract agreement in 2010 when the fight was boiling hot over a few days of drug testing and ultimately cancelled negotiations.

This will all be ignored by people who dislike the facts, but here they are.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAssassin View Post
      The only decent fighter he actually missed out on was Cotto in 2008.

- He agreed to a Margarito fight in 2005/06 and Arum declined Floyd's contract extension for some reason

- Pac declined the contract agreement in 2010 when the fight was boiling hot over a few days of drug testing and ultimately cancelled negotiations.

This will all be ignored by people who dislike the facts, but here they are.
      Not avoided, just distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
        I seriously can't believe you actually believe all that.
        How many spots up the ATG list does Cotto and Margarito fights move Mayweather? provided he had beat them?

Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Dumb thread, TBH.

When Mayweather-Tszyu was at it's best moment to happen, which even Floyd called him out on HBO earlier that year, Tszyu and Mayweather fought in the same exact month vs Hatton and Gatti respectively. Mayweather dominated and destroyed Gatti, Hatton dominated and retired Tszyu. Hatton was not ready for Mayweather however.

Margarito was a TR fighter, Floyd had just left TR chasing for a DLH fight in 2006 because DLH said he will not work with Arum. DLH-Mayweather did not happen in 2006 as it was thought, because DLH wanted to get a belt so he fought Mayorga. In the meantime, Floyd fought WW lineal/Ring champion Carlos Baldomir.

Pacquiao had the chance to make the fight in 2010 but backed away from a 15 day cut off, which he himself had asked for. It was granted to him by Mayweather but he still backed out. Just like he told Martinez to come down to 150, Martinez said okay, but Pacquiao backed out.
          True post right here...

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
          He has 43 fights.

Only 9 have been at 147 or higher so how in the hell is that almost half his career?
          this...
          Originally posted by puga View Post
          he's been a ww since 2005 ..thats about 8 years..he's been a pro since 96 ..you do the math...
          Um, didn't you already state he retired at ww..so how many of those years was he actually active at WW...do the math!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Not avoided, just distorted.
            lol and instead of having a debate, puga red k's me because like I said previously, he doesn't like the facts.

Comment

lol and instead of having a debate, puga red k's me because like I said previously, he doesn't like the facts.
              Hey he admitted Floyd has the best resume at 147. Let him be.

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                Um, didn't you already state he retired at ww..so how many of those years was he actually active at WW...do the math!
                does'nt matter...the lonegvity of a carreer is based on years fighting not number of fights .. otherwise chave jr has longer career than floyd....

Comment

i red k'd you becuase it's fun, thats all it was ..and all i said are facts..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    does'nt matter...the lonegvity of a carreer is based on years fighting not number of fights .. otherwise chave jr has longer career than floyd....
                    Miguel Cotto joined welter a year later. Mosley was already at welter. So was Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      in Fraud nuthugger world

-Beating a prime undefeated Cotto at 147 doesn't compare to beating a shot Cotto at his worst weight

-Ducking a prime Margarito at WW doesn't mean anything because Fraud beat Baldomir

They actually believe this
                      Back then Margarito was bringing zero to the table. The mexican fans didnt support anybody not named Morales or Barera. And Floyd was looking for bigger names and bigger paydays. Its about timing in and out of the ring. Margarito was the WBO champ, which was not a respected organization back then. HBO was hyping Baldomir after he knocked out Gatti. Byran Kelly basically said to Floyd on an ESPN interview that he was ducking Baldomir. Winning Margaritos WBO title then would of meant nothing. Floyd told Margarito to his face to keep winning your fights that way when we do faceoff it will be better for the both of us. But he couldnt do that. In fact hes never been anything other than a punching bag his entire carreer. And his only win against any top level fighter, Cotto, is highly questionable. The truth is if this fight did happen you guys would be going out of your way to say Margarito is the bum we all know he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X