Can Miguel Cotto Still Make 147lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should retire.

Comment

If he can i suggest he should,their is nothing for him at 154 now,i don't think he has too much left anyway

Comment

I'm trying to be nice because he's a quality young man. Its his fans that are "dense"! He's DONE!!! He fought in spurts against Floyd and thats the best he could do, he was trying but its not there!! Open your eyes!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Gotta love that not too long ago most of his fanatics that went on vacation were saying he can go to 160 and rule there. How times change.
          You know very well that no one here was saying Cotto should move up to 160. Where did you get that from?

Comment

Can he make 147? Sure but would he be healthy? Nah, he was already draining himself towards the end of his career at that weight so the sensible decision is to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Put it this way. He turned down millions of dollars for a Pacquiao rematch because he didn't want to drain himself below 150. How can he all of the sudden make 147 with no problem?
              He wanted the rematch with Margarito at 150.

I think he can make 147, but he looks big and fat when he's not training, it gets harder to cut.

Comment

He's too small for 154. He just needs to keep his weight down in between fights and he'd be fine at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Put it this way. He turned down millions of dollars for a Pacquiao rematch because he didn't want to drain himself below 150. How can he all of the sudden make 147 with no problem?
                  Did you ever see the food he eats during camp!? If he cuts out that Puerto Rican food his mother cooks for him and stick to a good diet he could easily make 147! He's a hard worker, but none of that means **** if you don't fuel your body right

Comment

Yes i think he can make 147. But i think the choice of weight a boxer decides to fight in has got a lot to do with how much food they want to eat. Some boxers like their food more than others.

Pac has to eat more than he would like to be at 147. Whereas Cotto probably pigs out more than he needs. Probably wants to eat more than the 2000 calories a day a average man needs.

Comment

Cotto looks like a fat ass at 154, he doesn't want to go down in weight because hes too lazy.

spinning around in circles and catching tennis balls is NOT training.

Comment

Working...
                      X