Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    Whatever Vitali had in that fight he didn't have EXPERIENCE.
    he didnt have experience at age 31 AND having already been a world champion? NO -he had EVERY chance to gain experience if hes by that time thirtysomething in his career. If you claimed any thirtysomething in any other job for life didnt have experience you'd be laughed at for a century. Because you'd be 100% wrong.

Concerning Lewis - every year after 30 you are losing lung power, reaction speed and muscle tone, its a scientific fact. Lewis was 37, so he's had 7 years of incrementally losing his physical attributes, and it was now starting to show by the time he was in his late thirties.

As for the rest of your rematch claim, LL was 38, due for retirement, so he retired - its that simple. Virtually no HW champion has fought on past 38, with very few exceptions. Who are you to say that virtually all the HW champions we have ever had were wrong to retire before they got beyond that age? Who are you to say a guy who should be retired ought to risk his old body and brain in the ring again because you are irked that your fighter wasnt good enough to beat old him? No, its YOU thats wrong, not all of them.

ld do much for his legacy if he won more convincingly - not on doctor stoppage.
    the alternative you are arguing is that the fight wasnt stopped, Vitali would have lost his sight and would never have entered the ring again. Good thing Vitali didnt listen to you, or he'd be just another bum at this point in history.
    Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      I never said he had lost his power. I said he was slower, which in turn took a little something off his punches.

It's simple; Force=Mass x Acceleration - a faster Lewis is a harder hitting Lewis.

Talking about a fight, even liking the idea of a fight, doesn't mean he had the motivation to go through another long, grueling camp. Clearly he didn't. He liked the idea of a rematch, but not enough to motivate him into another training camp...he didn't even put in the work for what was very much his farewell fight.
      Well, it's not that simple as multiplication of the mass and acceleration. That would mean that heavier Lennox is harder punching Lennox taking the same acceleration. He lost some of speed not much of his power.

I wouldn't favor fully motivated Lennox in the rematch. He was past prime and Vitali was just getting better. Prime for prime is different story.. I give it 55:45 to Lennox (possibly 6:4)..

Comment

Well, it's not that simple as multiplication of the mass and acceleration. That would mean that heavier Lennox is harder punching Lennox taking the same acceleration. He lost some of speed not much of his power.

I wouldn't favor fully motivated Lennox in the rematch. He was past prime and Vitali was just getting better. Prime for prime is different story.. I give it 55:45 to Lennox (possibly 6:4)..
        That heavier/fat version of Lewis was a much slower version, he had no where the same acceleration and in turn his punches were not quite as hard. An in-shape Lewis was a thunderous puncher while that version was a good puncher.

I would favour an in-shape Lewis without hesitation. I watched a fat, slow Lewis beat Vitali. Prime for prime I would give Vitali a punchers chance and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          he didnt have experience at age 31 AND having already been a world champion? NO -he had EVERY chance to gain experience if hes by that time thirtysomething in his career. If you claimed any thirtysomething in any other job for life didnt have experience you'd be laughed at for a century. Because you'd be 100% wrong.

Concerning Lewis - every year after 30 you are losing lung power, reaction speed and muscle tone, its a scientific fact. Lewis was 37, so he's had 7 years of incrementally losing his physical attributes, and it was now starting to show by the time he was in his late thirties.

As for the rest of your rematch claim, LL was 38, due for retirement, so he retired - its that simple. Virtually no HW champion has fought on past 38, with very few exceptions. Who are you to say that virtually all the HW champions we have ever had were wrong to retire before they got beyond that age? Who are you to say a guy who should be retired ought to risk his old body and brain in the ring again because you are irked that your fighter wasnt good enough to beat old him? No, its YOU thats wrong, not all of them.

the alternative you are arguing is that the fight wasnt stopped, Vitali would have lost his sight and would never have entered the ring again. Good thing Vitali didnt listen to you, or he'd be just another bum at this point in history.
          I won't get to your points. Majority of them you misinterpreted what I wrote.
          You are writing nonsenses. I never said Lennox should retire all the contrary. Calm down and double read before you post.

Comment

I wouldn't favor Vitali prime for prime. There goes your theory
            shame for you that we clearly werent debating primes then.

Either agree or disagree with the original argument, dont pretend to do both.

Mate, I am not hardcore Klitschko fan. I love Lennox. My only objection is when people start to talk nonsense. Why can't it be enough for you that Lennox won that fight but you need to insist on 'Lennox is better in every department' when that's obviously not true.
            obviously is.

Chin is the only thing thats debatable.

Comment

That heavier/fat version of Lewis was a much slower version, he had no where the same acceleration and in turn his punches were not quite as hard. An in-shape Lewis was a thunderous puncher while that version was a good puncher.

I would favour an in-shape Lewis without hesitation. I watched a fat, slow Lewis beat Vitali. Prime for prime I would give Vitali a punchers chance and nothing more.
              Sure you would, you are big Lennox fan - nothing wrong with that. We don't need to agree on that.

Comment

I won't get to your points. Majority of them you misinterpreted what I wrote.
                You are writing nonsenses. I never said Lennox should retire all the contrary. Calm down and double read before you post.
                i interpreted your posts spot on, now you can choose to answer in kind or opt out as you just did and are doing again below VVVVVV
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  shame for you that we clearly werent debating primes then.

Either agree or disagree with the original argument, dont pretend to do both.

obviously is.

Chin is the only thing thats debatable.
                  Go away, you no **** about boxing!!!

I won't waste my time with you anymore!

Comment

Sure you would, you are big Lennox fan - nothing wrong with that. We don't need to agree on that.
                    I'm not a big Lennox fan, I wanted Tyson to beat him.

I am, however, a big fan of him as a fighter. At his best Lewis' size, speed, skill and power were truly a sight to see. I think Lewis at his best could beat any HW, from any era.

Comment

I'm not a big Lennox fan, I very much wanted Tyson to beat him.

I am, however, a big fan of him as a fighter. At his best Lewis' size, speed, skill and power were truly a sight to see. I think Lewis at his best could beat any HW, from any era.
                      I agree on that! He was a fabulous fighter, no doubt.
                      I wouldn't give him edge over prime Ali.. Other than that, yes I don't see fighter that would clearly have an advantage over him.

Comment

Working...
                      X