Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some find this topic incredibly dull and tedious, but I don't.I like the fact that it's been nearly ten years since this fight took place and that it remains such an integral part of boxing debates/discussions.And the back and forth banter is almost always hilarious.

For the record, I had it 57-57 at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Lenny looked like **** mate, he gassed out after like a minute

Prime lennox wins 9/10, Vitali don't got the power to keep a prime lennox off him, he only hurt old lenny because oldlenny was too tired and fat to get out of the way of punches so blocked them with his face instead, AND HE STILL WON
      And all credit to lennox for that.
      I just can't share your opinion. lennox was boxing fine in rounds 5th and 6th. If he was gassed out he won't be able to keep up in there that long.

Lennox took vitali on muscles. while they were boxing vitali was winning quite clearly. after that lennox showed his greatness and changed the tactics. what would happen with the fresher more mobile lennox and more experienced vitali... I would stick with 6 out of 10.
      Lennox that fought holyfield would have all sort of problems with vitali that fought gomez imo.

Comment

Lenny looked like **** mate, he gassed out after like a minute

Prime lennox wins 9/10, Vitali don't got the power to keep a prime lennox off him, he only hurt old lenny because oldlenny was too tired and fat to get out of the way of punches so blocked them with his face instead, AND HE STILL WON
        What the hell are you talking about, Lennox didn't look like shit at any point. And give up on that old, tired, fat talk about Lennox, he carried some extra weight yes, but he wasn't 'fat and out of shape'. Remember, Lennox is like fine wine, gets better with age.

It was a very close fight and there ought to have been a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          What the hell are you talking about, Lennox didn't look like shit at any point. And give up on that old, tired, fat talk about Lennox, he carried some extra weight yes, but he wasn't 'fat and out of shape'. Remember, Lennox is like fine wine, gets better with age.

It was a very close fight and there ought to have been a rematch.
          Didn't you just say in another thread that he was far ahead on the scores and would have KOd Lewis in a couple of rounds? Hmm..

Comment

Vitali and Tyson have 5 common opponents:

Lennox Lewis, Danny Williams, Jose Ribalta, Orlin Norris, Julius Francis

Vitali did better against every common opponent.

Tyson KO'd Francis in 2.

Vitali KO'd Francis in 2.

Tyson-Norris was a no contest.

Vitali destroyed Norris in the 1st round.

Tyson KO'd Ribalta in 10.

Vitali KO'd Ribalta in 2.

Lewis KO'd Tyson.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement.

Williams destroyed Tyson in 4.

Vitali annihilated Williams. It was one of the most brutal beatdowns of all time.

Vitali DESTROYS Tyson.
            Catch the irony folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              As always with you, you write something stupid to get the last word in rather than admit that you were wrong when being owned.
              LMAO!

You didn't own anything little friend.

Comment

• I think manny steward summed it up really ... Lennox came into it in poor shape and early on he paid for that as the younger fitter man out boxed him, but then manny told him to get in there and turn it into a brawl, a fight, and lennox's greatness shone through, he sucked it up took the fight to the inside and turned it around. He busted Vitali up and had him wobbling and hanging on in the round before the fight was stopped. And as Manny said if the ref hadn't stopped it there, lewis would have stopped it within a couple more rounds at most, the tide had very clearly turned and vitali was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                  I think manny steward summed it up really ... Lennox came into it in poor shape and early on he paid for that as the younger fitter man out boxed him, but then manny told him to get in there and turn it into a brawl, a fight, and lennox's greatness shone through, he sucked it up took the fight to the inside and turned it around. He busted Vitali up and had him wobbling and hanging on in the round before the fight was stopped. And as Manny said if the ref hadn't stopped it there, lewis would have stopped it within a couple more rounds at most, the tide had very clearly turned and vitali was done.
                  well manny hasn't said exactly that.

I don't think lennox would take him out, more likely it would need to be stopped.
                  Vitali won 1st and 2nd rounds much clearly than lennox did any. even in rounds 5 and 6 it was pretty even (lennox won those but was clearly in bad state as well as vitali) I would like to see if someone has the stats by rounds.

I haven't seen vitali hurt really. it appeared to me more like exhaustion after that uppercut. Lennox was quite wobbles in 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    LMAO!

You didn't own anything little friend.
                    Answer the question then.

Comment

• This forum is absurd, the **** thats gets debated about endlessly for years now is just plain ******ed.

The answer is who cares? It was a competitive fight, Lewis inflicted a cut with punches and it was a legit stoppage. Facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X