Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote me who wants this thread closed....
    It's becoming boring as hell!

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      Lennox made a right decision. He didn't need to rematch Vitali. It would be very risky for him. Although reward for beating Vitali more convincingly would be much bigger than if Vitali beats Haye.

I would love to see Vitali-haye but only if Haye is not such a lazy bull**** guy. He would retire and beating him doesn't mean much.
      Give David Haye the benefit of the doubt.
      Try to remember how talked up 'Chisora' was after he gave VItali a tough fight.
      He was talked up.. iron chin warrior. 'bring it' never quit etc.

Than Haye knocked him out and Chisora became a bum.

I honestly don't even know if Wlad can knock out Chisora as fast as Haye did.

Also where did he say

'I will retire if I beat Vitali"?

I thought the plan was to beat Vitali- some mandatory- Wlad rematch?

Comment

• Just watched this fight. The first 2 rounds were clearly Vitali's, the third, in which the Ukrainian was cut was a round for Lennox but eh didn't dominate it. A note on the 2nd round, that really was a domination of Lewis, the champion was staggered a couple times and hit with some nice combinations.

Rounds 4 and 5 were close but most arguments point towards Vitali getting the nod, especially when he staggered Lennox yet again, pushing him onto the ropes with some decent shots. I really don't understand it when people on this thread are saying Vitali was gone and his punches had no pop at this stage. They obviously did. It was Lennox who was looking at sea at the end of the 5th.

The 6th round showed good work from both guys, both men were tired and Lennoz more so but his two uppercuts, one of which staggered Vitali (he recovered very quickly) probably won him the round but apart from those two big shots Vitali had put on another strong round, even though his eyes and mouth were filling with blood.

Lennox won the fight because it was his punch that causes the cuts. I think it could have gone on for another round or two but I didn't mind the stoppage so much. What I didn't like was how Lennox was constant;y talking about the fight afterwards as if it was a walk in the park. He even initially agreed to a rematch and then dropped out twice. Eventually retiring. Lewis was nowhere near his best, that's for sure but then he should just have said that. Rather than acting like a man who was still willing to fight. That will always leave a bit of a sour taste in most people's mouths.

Comment

• Yes We all know Prime Vitali will kill any version of Haye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

Also where did he say

Haye hasn't mentioned Wlad for a while now. Not that I've seen anyway. He thinks Vitali is a softer touch now so is chasing him. I just can't take Haye seriously anymore after the fiasco of the Wlad fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              Give David Haye the benefit of the doubt.
              Try to remember how talked up 'Chisora' was after he gave VItali a tough fight.
              He was talked up.. iron chin warrior. 'bring it' never quit etc.

Than Haye knocked him out and Chisora became a bum.

I honestly don't even know if Wlad can knock out Chisora as fast as Haye did.

Also where did he say

And what if he lose?

There are good fighters out there who will continue regardless if they win. If Vitali takes on Price or Tyson and beats them there are still a pretty good chance we'll see a lot from these two (maybe champion someday).

Chisorra would never box that stupidly as he did against Haye. He tried to serve a tennis ball before he got rocked. Maybe that Don Charles headshot affected him..

Comment

And what if he lose?

There are good fighters out there who will continue regardless if they win. If Vitali takes on Price or Tyson and beats them there are still a pretty good chance we'll see a lot from these two (maybe champion someday).

Chisorra would never box that stupidly as he did against Haye. He tried to serve a tennis ball before he got rocked. Maybe that Don Charles headshot affected him..
                Chisora fought against Haye the same way he has fought virtually everybody. That is Chisora. He's done that from the domestic fights early on through to now.

It was made look worse by Haye because he's a good counter puncher with explosive speed and power. The bigger, slower HW's just haven't had the speed to catch him with a counter shot like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Chisora fought against Haye the same way he has fought virtually everybody. That is Chisora. He's done that from the domestic fights early on through to now.

It was made look worse by Haye because he's a good counter puncher with explosive speed and power. The bigger, slower HW's just haven't had the speed to catch him with a counter shot like that.
                  Not to take anything from Haye.
                  I always say he is great fighter (skill wise) but the way how Chisorra approached him before getting KOed was just hilarious.

He fought much smarter versus Vitali. Vitali damaged him pretty well, he was spitting blood from round 7 or 8. Vitali just didn't have enough activity (which he normally does) to take him out.

Comment

• Hell no he lost

Comment

Not to take anything from Haye.
                      I always say he is great fighter (skill wise) but the way how Chisorra approached him before getting KOed was just hilarious.

He fought much smarter versus Vitali. Vitali damaged him pretty well, he was spitting blood from round 7 or 8. Vitali just didn't have enough activity (which he normally does) to take him out.
                      That was the only thing he did that was unlike him all fight to be fair to Chisora, he sort of ran after Haye and got smacked with a crunching left. Other than that, it was Chisora as he always is.

The reason it looked smarter against Vitali is because Vitali didn't have the speed to catch him coming in. Vitali was doing good work at long and mid-range though, then Chisora started getting in close which reduced that and actually got Vitali tired. Still, other than being tired, it was a fairly easy win for Vitali.

Comment

Working...
                      X