Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    " If ego was a crime, prince hamed would be on death row."

Larry merchant
    That's a classic. Can't believe i forgot that one.

Comment

The whole of the 9th round in Gatti - Ward 1.

''Come on!! .....come on!! .....come on lets fight!!''

''Here comes Gatti back!!''

Comment

Larry Merchant

"Chris Byrd has two punches, pitty and pat."

"Morales is an orchid that grew up in the ghetto, Pacquiao is an orchid that came from a rice paddy"

"They carried him into to the Baldomir fight dressed like Russell Crowe, a warrior, but he ended up fighting more like Sheryl Crowe."

"To say that Grant has a glass jaw would be an insult to the glass"

Comment

"Stop it, Frank. You can stop it any time; Arturo Gatti's out on his feet."

Comment

"and down goes(insert boxer name here)!"

Comment

Merchant got so many.

"He jiggles, in places a fighter shouldn't jiggle" - Merchant on Chris Arreola

"There's Plan A and Plan A+. There's no plan B here" - Merchant on DeMarco

"If ego was a crime, Prince Hamed would be on death row" - Merchant on Hamed

"What do you mean 'calm it down', it's a fight" - Merchant to a Ref

Comment

Can't believe no one here has made mention of Lennox Lewis' "wibblies AND the wobblies!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  For me it's plain and simple
                  "Oh mah Gawd"!
                  this^^^^^ RIP Mr Stewart...

Comment

Reg Gutteridge from the UK was 'old school' funny and made boxers and his listeners giggle.

I don't think he liked Chris Eubank's fancy ways and when Eubank used to vault the ropes he'd just say 'the ego has landed.'

When Berbick got blitzed by Tyson he described Berbick looking like 'a huge toddler in a playpen.'

Gutteridge also had a false leg (courtesy of a German mine) and used it to considerable comic effect.

He apparently was having a crap and very difficult night-out with Sonny Liston - with Liston being vile, borderline threatening - and decided to bring things to a head by shocking Liston a bit.

So he approached Liston and told him that he was not so tough and that he should have a good look at what being properly hard was about - Reg picked out an ice pick from a champagne bucket and stabbed into his false leg. A shocked Liston lapsed into complete, gobsmacked silence.

Comment

"That was a modern boxing CLASSIC"
                      Kellerman's call of Margarito-Cotto I

"Death by a thousand left hands."
                      Merchant during the eighth round of Pacquiao-De La Hoya

"This should be the round of the century!"
                      Steward on Gatti-Ward I

Comment

Working...
                      X