Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi would have had no chance of beating prime Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the last fight when Mosley was considered "prime"?

Paulie's only weapon is his jab. If his gun jams in this fight, then it becomes crystal-clear that he's shot-to-pieces.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-15-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      When was the last fight when Mosley was considered "prime"?

Paulie's only weapon is his jab. If his gun jams in this fight, then it becomes crystal-clear that he's shot-to-pieces.
      Paulie's footwork, movement, and speed used to all be weapons. However, the last times his footwork looked good was the first Diaz fight. Paulie is shot.

Shane is too, but he's also a far far better fighter than Paulie ever was. Also have to consider that Paulie isn't a welterweight; Shane's going to be much stronger.

Comment

Schaefer matched them up. Paulie said he wanted Maidana.

Comment

Shane is shot to pieces. Imagine if Paulie pulled the ko!!

Comment

That PED cheat Mosley only had a prime thanks to his cheating ways and he is just trying to take the belt off poor Paulie, Mosley see the smaller no punching power having paulie and he just saw a easy opportunity. I hope Paulie bust up his face bad and retires him for good.

Comment

Lame. Everyone wants Paulie because they think they can beat him. So why cry for Shane?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Paulie's footwork, movement, and speed used to all be weapons. However, the last times his footwork looked good was the first Diaz fight. Paulie is shot.

Shane is too, but he's also a far far better fighter than Paulie ever was. Also have to consider that Paulie isn't a welterweight; Shane's going to be much stronger.
                If Mosley could absorb that ass whupping he got from Canelo, he should be able to take whatever Paulie hits him with. Mosley by decision, and hopefully he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  What a silly post.

No, Senchenko's promoter won the purse bid.

And Senchenko was the titleholder. Do you think Ukrainian fighters who hold a world title should always go to their challengers home country?

And Paulie is 3 years younger than Senchenko.
                  GBP were never going to put up the dough to bring that matchup to the US, being that Senchenko is completely anonymous out there and didn't have much potential to excite a US audience.
                  Malignaggi's mando status was just a collusion between Union and the WBA to get Senchenko a nice name on his record, they vaulted Paulie over their interim champ El Massoudi. Union and Senchenko were to keen to land Paulie 'cause they thought he was washed-up and wanted the kudos of his name on Senchenko's docket.

Malignaggi may be younger in years, but he's older in ring-years. he's fought some of the best in their prime and been damaged by them. Senchenko, not so much.

suprises me that you never did give Paulie any credit for brutalizing Slava, bro, when almost everyone (including yourself) picked him to lose.

Comment

I think Mosley will beat Paulie right now. Paulie has been looking for weak opponents to defend his welterweight tittle against. He sees Mosley as a high reward low risk opponent but I think Mosley will surprise him. Mosley looked bad against Pacquiao, Mayweather and Mora. He got himself together and fought reasonable well in his last fight. Mosley threw over 700 punches in his last fight compared to less than half that many punches in his three fights before that. I think a Mosley who can throw 700 punches will beat Paulie.

Comment

It does not say much for Paulie as a champion for him to fight a guy that has had three one sided losses and a draw with an unranked fighter in his last 4 fights. I think this cherry pick may backfire on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X