No announcement yet.

Your scorecard for Froch vs Kessler 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    LOL at teh Froch fans saying he won the first half of the fight just because Showtime spinned it that way...Froch was crying to his corner that he couldnt take the body shots.....Body language at the end says it everything...Forchs corner knew he lost...now just because Froch is on a streak, they want to spin things.....even the absolute homers from the brit broadcast had Kessler winning
    This pretty much sums it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      a fight that most observers do not score close, including myself. 9-3 fight for Whitaker. that from a huge JCC fan.
      It was closer than that.

That from a huge Whitaker fan.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        It was closer than that.

That from a huge Whitaker fan.
        most think not, which would be why the verdict has carried such a dubious reputation for so long. people were so aghast because Whitaker's victory was so blatant. not just clear, but blatant. of all the many times i've reviewed that fight, i've never felt honest in giving Julio more than 3 rounds.

when is the consensus deemed reliable and when is it not?

Comment

most think not, which would be why the verdict has carried such a dubious reputation for so long. people were so aghast because Whitaker's victory was so blatant. not just clear, but blatant. of all the many times i've reviewed that fight, i've never felt honest in giving Julio more than 3 rounds.

when is the consensus deemed reliable and when is it not?
          If you're only going by the consensus that's fine. But that's the same consensus that had Kessler cleanly beating Froch.

Comment

just because Showtime spinned it that way...
            did they? i was rewatching the telecast earlier. what did they say?

Froch was crying to his corner that he couldnt take the body shots.....
            yet he rose from his stool every time the bell sounded and took whatever was given and came back with his own.

Body language at the end says it everything...Forchs corner knew he lost...
            they were rueful because they knew they'd allowed it to be too close to get a decision in Herning. McCracken talks to Froch about this between rounds the whole fight.

Kessler's always been overrated by UK pundits ever since the Calzaghe fight. gotta puff up Sir Joe's best win over a prime fighter.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

If you're only going by the consensus that's fine. But that's the same consensus that had Kessler cleanly beating Froch.
              i don't personally care for the consensus for its own sake. sometimes it happens to be on point, sometimes it's misguided. it isn't reliable.

but a supposed consensus is always being raised by Kessler fans to bark down any questioning of the decision in Herning, which is why i ask. i'm just wondering how we decide when it's 'ok' to acknowledge the mob and when it's time to ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                I remember I had Froch winning by 2 or 3 points.
                Close fight but I really couldn't see how Kessler won.

That being said, on my scorecard Dirrell clearly beat Froch.
                I had it closer but Froch won clear IMO. Classic crowd "noise effect" on the judges.

Comment

i don't personally care for the consensus for its own sake. sometimes it happens to be on point, sometimes it's misguided. it isn't reliable.

but a supposed consensus is always being raised by Kessler fans to bark down any questioning of the decision in Herning, which is why i ask. i'm just wondering how we decide when it's 'ok' to acknowledge the mob and when it's time to ignore them.
                  I presume that it's all down to personal opinion really : If the consensus says that 'your' guy won then you side with it, and if not then you side against it.

Simply put it's boxing fanboy'ism 101, and we've all been guilty of it at times.

I'm just hoping that the second fight is as competitive and exciting as the first.

Comment

I presume that it's all down to personal opinion really : If the consensus says that 'your' guy won then you side with it, and if not then you side against it.

Simply put it's boxing fanboy'ism 101, and we've all been guilty of it at times.

I'm just hoping that the second fight is as competitive and exciting as the first.
                    then i guess we should all pledge, from this day forth, to shun the two C's (CompuBox and consensus) when putting forth arguments and breakdowns to support our views of who won a fight. and then we'll have world peace.

i think this fight will top the first for straight up thrills and shocks, and end more decisively.

Comment

First time I had it to Kessler by 2-3 rounds, re-watching it I felt there were more even rounds than the first time, and had it to Kessler by a round on a razor-thin decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X