Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard says to overcome Mayweather shoulder roll, hit the shoulder..you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    The amount of counter right hands one would take would surely make punching his shoulder a short experience.
    Depends on who "one" is, I'd imagine.

If "one" happens to be SRL, probably not.

On topic: If Leonard says that's how he'd beat PBF, then that's how he'd beat him.

Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
      Even Manny??? Doesn't he have a tune up fight to worry about? And then ANOTHER crack at Marquez? He has his hands full for 2013.
      umm yeah....and? :ANYWORD:

Comment

Ray was a very smart fighter so it would be hard to argue with him.

Deliberately targeting those areas knowing you will miss to draw floyd into getting comfortable and then you attack could possibly have some success for a few rounds or so.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          Depends on who "one" is, I'd imagine.

If "one" happens to be SRL, probably not.

On topic: If Leonard says that's how he'd beat PBF, then that's how he'd beat him.

Simple.
          Ray doesn't know how to beat him. Floyd may never have fought someone like leonard, but I know for sure Leonard never fought anyone like Floyd. I think Leonard could catch Floyd with the right hand to the body then up top like he did hagler a few times but Floyd throws that right uppercut when u get in close so it might stop that. Because of the styles in their best days, Leonard vs mayweather jr is probably a draw or a slight edge to floyd. They both moved and avoided contact very well. It's just so hard to score rounds against Floyd because his clean shots and accuracy really impress judges. His opponents head stays snapping back while u can barely see when Floyd gets hit clean.

Comment

Originally posted by The904star View Post
            Ray doesn't know how to beat him. Floyd may never have fought someone like leonard, but I know for sure Leonard never fought anyone like Floyd. I think Leonard could catch Floyd with the right hand to the body then up top like he did hagler a few times but Floyd throws that right uppercut when u get in close so it might stop that. Because of the styles in their best days, Leonard vs mayweather jr is probably a draw or a slight edge to floyd. They both moved and avoided contact very well. It's just so hard to score rounds against Floyd because his clean shots and accuracy really impress judges. His opponents head stays snapping back while u can barely see when Floyd gets hit clean.
            Wrong lam pretty sure ray beat mayweather snr so he has seen the shoulder roll before

Comment

Sounds easier said then done though, Mayweather also moves around a lot with that Shoulder Roll, not like he stands their in front of you and let you hit the same spot Over and Over

Ray could probably pull it all in his PRIME because he was fast enough to go to the Shoulder then mix up his punches but I don't see anybody today pulling that off

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                Wrong lam pretty sure ray beat mayweather snr so he has seen the shoulder roll before
                If you think SRL can beat Floyd fine but please don't let that be your reason. You do know that Mayweather Jr is light years better than his father was right?

Right?

Comment

It don't matter how great Floyd is.

Ray was a natural WW that moved up to SMW and was still very good there.

Floyd is a natural featherweight.

At some point, size does matter in boxing.

Was Marvin Hagler great? Was Carlos Monzon great?

Can they beat Spinks at 175?

Leonard at 147-154 hold every single advantage over Floyd.

A lot of you are so obsessed with midgets these days, you guys forget that weight classes does matter.

Oh Floyd's not 5'8 btw.. get the hell out with that shyt

Floyd's a tall 5'6 1/2 and probably walks around at 150.

Leonard is 5'11.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                    If you think SRL can beat Floyd fine but please don't let that be your reason. You do know that Mayweather Jr is light years better than his father was right?

Right?
                    So a 5'6 former flyweight is gonna beat the 2nd greatest welterweight of all times.

I BELIEVE YOU.

Comment

Maybe aim to Floyd's chest or neck but not the shoulder. Double hooks or right hands might help after feiting him but Floyd is such a sharp customer. Floyd adjustes so well that one method of attacking simply might not work

Comment

Working...
                      X