No announcement yet.

Yet another Lewis/V. Klitschko thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    He looked worse in the first two rounds than I'd ever seen him, he was gassed after one round, and Vitali had 2 rounds where he threw the kitchen sink at a gassed Lewis, then Vitali gassed and Lewis started landing.

Vitali would most likely have been stopped if it had continued, Lewis was the far harder puncher and had taken everything Klitscho had to offer, If Lewis was in his prime it would have been a stoppage inside 4 rounds, A prime Vitali gassed after 3 rounds against an old Lewis, Prime Lewis would have ****ed him up.
    Hard to say what would have happened I doubt without the cut he would have stopped VK, but I took a close look at this one and just couldn't help but think how bad Lewis looked maybe he was ill prepared but he won and retired champ and is an ATG no matter what.

Comment

Lennox definitely gathered himself and caught a 2nd wind and was slowly building momentum before the stoppage. I think in another round or two it would have been apparent that Lennox figured out Vitali's awkward timing and length, the only question to me about it was how long that 2nd wind would have lasted and if Vitali could have held on long enough to take advantage and create another free-for-all down the stretch.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-15-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Klitschko was done at the time of the stoppage there was nothing left on his punches, Lewis didn't even bother blocking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I rewatched it yesterday and maybe I am wrong maybe right I can't really determine from the vid I watched. Can anyone show me close up when the cut occurred exactly early in round 3 ? Was it from a head clash? They were tied up after some action with their heads coming together then Vk is bleeding so IDK about this fight anymore.

Also on another note regardless of whether Lewis's win is legit and caused by a punch or not, he looked totally out of control of the fight and only landed sparingly during the bout. Vitali was clearly the boss and probably on his way to winning but it went down the way it did, too bad no rematch.
          LOL, someone's trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            I rewatched it yesterday and maybe I am wrong maybe right I can't really determine from the vid I watched. Can anyone show me close up when the cut occurred exactly early in round 3 ? Was it from a head clash? They were tied up after some action with their heads coming together then Vk is bleeding so IDK about this fight anymore.

Also on another note regardless of whether Lewis's win is legit and caused by a punch or not, he looked totally out of control of the fight and only landed sparingly during the bout. Vitali was clearly the boss and probably on his way to winning but it went down the way it did, too bad no rematch.
            Dude, you need to rewatch that s**t like ten times if you think Vitali was on his way to a victory. Look at how he held on for dear life at the end of the 6th round and didn't even react to that last punch Lennox threw and missed at the end of that round. Vitaly was clearly on his way to getting knocked out. The only reason why they stopped the fight was because he looked like he was going to get stopped. They were just giving him a chance. A big time chance. His eye was bad enough to stop that fight earlier than the 6th round. The cut was caused by a punch that resembled a thumb in the eye. It was a big punch at the beginning of the 3rd round.

Comment

Fight was pretty much inconclusive. My opinion is that Vitali would win the fight if he wasn't cut (close UD), but again you can't get anything after those 6 rounds.

No way Lennox could take him out. I don't think prime Lennox would be able to do that unless Vitali gasses himself out totally.

Vitali's problem is his defense and his skin. Both not very good against Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post

Vitali's problem is his defense and his skin. Both not very good against Lennox.
                God not you again. Vitali's skin is not very good agaisnt Lennox? Whys that? Is Lennox a member of the topsy turvy Klu Klux Klan or something.

No way Lennox could take Vitali out? But HE DID TAKE HIM OUT. TKO6.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  God not you again. Vitali's skin is not very good agaisnt Lennox? Whys that? Is Lennox a member of the topsy turvy Klu Klux Klan or something.

No way Lennox could take Vitali out? But HE DID TAKE HIM OUT. TKO6.
                  Could you stop quoting me.

You are boring...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Could you stop quoting me.

You are boring...
                    pretending to be asleep isnt a valid way of avoiding questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X