Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Now 12:30AM on 1/15 in Copenhagen. Is The Kessler Duck Official?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    guys often fight back when they're hurt. Kessler was rocked in the fight, most observers noted this.
    i'm not so sure most observers did...but even if they did i can only speak for what i saw

like i said if i were to side with any of the two fighters it would be froch but even he by his own admission said kessler got him with a couple of good body shots

maybe we hold different defintions of being 'hurt'...i'll clarify on my own definition:

maidana hurt khan
    judah hurt cotto
    pac hurt dlh
    barrera hurt naz
    Last edited by -PANDA-; 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      i'm not so sure most observers did...but even if they did i can only speak for what i saw

like i said if i were to side with any of the two fighters it would be froch but even he by his own admission said kessler got him with a couple of good body shots

maybe we hold different defintions of being 'hurt'...i'll clarify on my own definition:

maidana hurt khan
      judah hurt cotto
      pac hurt dlh
      barrera hurt naz
      Round 5, Gus Johnson, "Kessler looks woozy!"

Round 11, Gus Johnson, "Kessler looks a little wobbly!"

Round 12, Gus Johnson, "Kessler, backing up now, and he'll tie up Carl Froch with twenty-seven seconds remaining. Kessler fighting for his Super Six life!"

hurt, rocked, buzzed, whatever you wanna distinguish it as is cool.

the point i was making was, Froch took Kessler places nobody else (not even the guys who beat him) has. and that is undoubtably true.
      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Poor Mikkel.

You just know he would rather do without the hassle of difficult fight like this. But Team Froch have backed them into a corner

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          Kessler does OSD? First time I've heard of it.
          OSD is in all the Sauerland fighters' contracts, part of their agreement with ARD TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            Poor Mikkel.

You just know he would rather do without the hassle of difficult fight like this. But Team Froch have backed them into a corner
            so on point.

Comment

the point i was making was, Froch took Kessler places nobody else (not even the guys who beat him) has. and that is undoubtably true.
              if u phrase it that way i'm inclined to agree

on a sidenote, gus johnson is known to exaggerate his commentary in fights...ward-froch being an excellent example

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                OSD is in all the Sauerland fighters' contracts, part of their agreement with ARD TV.

If Sauerland organizes the testing than I have ZERO confidence that it is done on the up and up.

Abraham probably takes PED's for every fight but they never catch him yet test his opponent so they frame him with a failed test if he beats Artie.

Comment

and if they were to differ, then what? 'oh gee, i guess we'll never know who was at fault here, it's not like we can refer to their respective histories and take an educated guess or anything.'
                  I have no reason to think Kessler is a liar. He could have valid reason for not wanting to take the fight if indeed he has turned it down.

If you know something that nobody else knows, something to do with the negotiations........I mean, maybe you are so important that you were also at the negotiating table with both parties? Please feel free to enlighten us.

Until then you are just a fan taking sides without an ounce of knowledge to what's really happening.

Comment

I don't think not agreeing to Froch's offer to fight in Froch's hometown is a duck. The fight will probably be close and Kessler can't win a close fight there. If Kessler turned down a good money offer to fight Froch on neutral ground that would be a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                      I have no reason to think Kessler is a liar. He could have valid reason for not wanting to take the fight if indeed he has turned it down.

If you know something that nobody else knows, something to do with the negotiations........I mean, maybe you are so important that you were also at the negotiating table with both parties? Please feel free to enlighten us.

Until then you are just a fan taking sides without an ounce of knowledge to what's really happening.
                      one party in the negotiations has been very transparent and has a history of transparency in negotiations + willingness to make concessions in order to make fights happen. the other, not so much. there are precedents that inform.

it isn't just 'fanboys' who are inclined to believe that Kessler/Sauerland are at fault here. many impartial observers, like IronDan, like the threadstarter, are thinking along the same lines.

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                      if u phrase it that way i'm inclined to agree

on a sidenote, gus johnson is known to exaggerate his commentary in fights...ward-froch being an excellent example
                      well, many others saw what Gus saw, but we agree on my central point (the nuances of 'hurt' aside), so it is all good.

Comment

Working...
                      X