Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns: After Vazquez, I Want Adrien Broner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Hopefully, the problem is in years to come people would forget that Burns was the one that said he wasn't ready yet, they would accuse Broner of doing the ducking even those he was on record saying he wasn't ready.
    Burns never said he wasn't ready. In fact, Burns was going to fight him in the US in 2011, as far as he was concerned the fight was happening then. What he's saying here is that he didn't have adequate preparation time to fight in February.

Just like How people try to forget that Hatton said he wasn't ready yet for Mayweather and that when he is ready he would take Mayweather on.
    Hatton was always ready for Mayweather in the UK but Floyd refused to travel despite Ricky being the man at 140, Mayweather was even b1tching about having to fight Gatti in Atlantic City in front of his crowd.

Hatton then went to the US to build his profile over there to maximise financial return for a Mayweather fight. So yeah, Hatton didn't take the Jr. fight as soon as he went to the US but if he didn't go to the US Mayweather would not have taken the fight AT ALL.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 01-14-2013, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
      Did Broner even respond at all to Vasquez calling him out last month? Broner wants none of that action. He wants his guys standing right in front of him.
      Yeah man, I've been saying this for a minute now....a taller dude with good lateral movement and a good jab is gonna be the end of Broner.

Comment

If Vazquez is at his best, I think he dominates the Rickster. People forget, since the Prescott fight, Titere has dominated every one of his opponents except for Quintero (In what I think was just an off night and complacency from Miguel).

He has a s hit style, but its awkward and effective, and I think it gives Burns fits.

Comment

Easy work for Vasquez. I'm surprised Burns took this fight. Nobody can say Burns ducked Broner when the end result was him taking on Vasquez. Vasquez is much more experienced than Broner and is a very difficult task. Maybe Broner will fight him after he loses to Vasquez. No way Broner fights Vasquez if he knocks off Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by sofreshhh View Post
            Atlantic city is not Broner's home town Cincinnati is. If he fights there the fights sell out. Besides its not about just the butts in the seats, but the asses in front of the tv. Broner's is a ratings grabber, and he is just starting to become a attraction where within the next 2 years he will be genenerating Mayweather PAC money. Burns will never be that guy.
            The Escobedo fight did take place in Cincinnati which is Broners hometown and Broner could not get 5000 asses in the seats. The Antonio Demarco fight was the fight in Atlantic City (which is not what was being referenced).

Comment

Well I hope miguel Vazquez doesn't get robbed in the UK against this clown.

Vazquez is too slick for burns. I'm expecting them to give burns the gift though.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                No way Broner fights Vasquez if he knocks off Burns.
                That is ridiculous. Vasquez and his people already turned down to fight Broner right before the DeMarco fight was made. Lets just hope they accept the fight this time around if he beats Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Ricky Burns plans to silence the critics who claim he is avoiding a fight with Adrien Broner by beating the outspoken American once he has taken care of IBF world lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez.

Frank Warren has confirmed that Burns' fight against Mexico's Vazquez will headline his 'Rule Britannia' show at Wembley Arena on March 16.

Should Scotland's WBO champion come through the tough fight against Vazquez, who is ranked second at 135 pounds, he hopes to then overcome unbeaten WBA champion Broner.

Broner accused Burns of ducking a fight with him at super featherweight when the Scot moved up a weight category in 2011.

The American then offered to fight Burns at two days' notice last month when two of the 29-year-old's opponents pulled out of a lightweight bout at the ExCeL Arena in London, but he again turned down the opportunity.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  I have to laugh at the yanks on here calling Burns trash,you guys are ****ing casuals who know absolutely nothing about what goes on outside the states and Im not just talking about Boxing,you people are sheltered from the world.Everytime I read comments about Burns getting dominated or beaten by Vasquez I laugh because it takes me right back to the Roman Martinez fight when idiots on this forum were saying the exact same thing.Talking about robberies and how Martinez was gonna knock him out with ease.

http://www.boxingscene.com/roman-mar...y-burns--30602

http://www.boxingscene.com/ricky-bur...bo-belt--30644

Burns will beat Vasquez quite handily and the Broner fight will be on you can count on it

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
                    If Vazquez is at his best, I think he dominates the Rickster. People forget, since the Prescott fight, Titere has dominated every one of his opponents except for Quintero (In what I think was just an off night and complacency from Miguel).

He has a s hit style, but its awkward and effective, and I think it gives Burns fits.
                    ...and what was it about Prescott that troubled Vazquez?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      ...and what was it about Prescott that troubled Vazquez?
                      In the first round Prescott knocked Vasquez on his arse with a jab,yes a jab.

Vasquez then proceeded to run away for the rest of the fight and won on a SD

Vasquez is awful,his resume is pretty shocking too his last fight was with that hype job Mercito Gesta and the fight before that was against a guy who was a part time fighter and a school teacher.

And guess what,he ran like a ***** in both of those fights too.I really hope Burns knocks him out,the last thing I want to see is Vasquez Broner.

Comment

Working...
                      X