Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko duck Has-been Rahman back in 2005?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
    I know Vittles had back surgery but where is the info on this supposed ACL tear?

Any tear of the 4 major ligaments of the knee (LCL, PCL, MCL, and ACL) can be potentially career ending. Even if someone does recover from it, usually he is not the same kind of athlete. Vittles has been looking fine 3 years after this supposed ACL injury in '05 ... pretty amazing how he came back at the age of 37 with no apparent problems with anything.

He had knee surgery and I dont believe it was the first time either. Thats why he retired and he didnt fight for several years. Yeah he came back when it properly healed and yeah it was a serious injury hence being out of the sport for several years.

I believe he has had knee injuries earlier in his career but I dont know when. It is part of the reason for his "awkward" or "robotic" style. If you see him when he was really young he was a lot more fluid. This isnt the best video but it makes the point. There was another one with him bouncing around on his feet as a kickboxer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxeqsCcOkk
    Last edited by elfag; 01-14-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      I forgot to say..... "What a LIAR".... You must be in the propaganda business, making up your own lies.

I'll certainly remember your name. I haven't seen such a pile of crap since I had a vacation on a farm, over 40 years ago.
      I didn't make that up man.

That was a real article which I copy and pasted.

Go 'Goggle'
      Vitali Klitschko: 5 "Ducks" In A Row

and the article will pop up on that 'other site'.

That wasn't a 'made up' thing..

Made up facts only exist in Klitschko land.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        He had knee surgery and I dont believe it was the first time either. Thats why he retired and he didnt fight for several years. Yeah he came back when it properly healed and yeah it was a serious injury hence being out of the sport for several years.

I believe he has had knee injuries earlier in his career but I dont know when. It is part of the reason for his "awkward" or "robotic" style. If you see him when he was really young he was a lot more fluid. This isnt the best video but it makes the point. There was another one with him bouncing around on his feet as a kickboxer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxeqsCcOkk
        NVM he did have knee surgery back then
        Last edited by TysonBomb; 01-14-2013, 01:43 AM.

Comment

no, he just couldn't complete a training camp without getting injured
          why the hell would he duck Rahman?
          he woulda beaten him up worse than Wlad did

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys.

Personally, I don't see why he'd avoid Rahman. The guy is average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              no, he just couldn't complete a training camp without getting injured
              why the hell would he duck Rahman?
              he woulda beaten him up worse than Wlad did
              First, there's a pretty big difference between the Rahman were discussing here and the Rahman who Wlad fought. Second, no he wouldn't have beat him up worse, please.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Thanks for the info, guys.

Personally, I don't see why he'd avoid Rahman. The guy is average at best.
                He did avoid Rahman, but not because he was scared more to do with him and Shelly finkel not wanting to deal with Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  First, there's a pretty big difference between the Rahman were discussing here and the Rahman who Wlad fought. Second, no he wouldn't have beat him up worse, please.
                  Rahman was a journeyman in both fights
                  how much do you think he had left in 05?
                  slightly better than when Wlad stopped him? sure
                  significantly better? hell no
                  Vit wouldn't have been as cautious as Wlad was
                  Wlad picked him apart in measured fashion
                  Vit circa 05 woulda ended it before rd 7 or 8 like Wlad did

Comment

i highly doubt it,like ray said,it probably has more to do with (con)king!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      Rahman was a journeyman in both fights
                      how much do you think he had left in 05?
                      slightly better than when Wlad stopped him? sure
                      significantly better? hell no
                      Vit wouldn't have been as cautious as Wlad was
                      Wlad picked him apart in measured fashion
                      Vit circa 05 woulda ended it before rd 7 or 8 like Wlad did
                      Rahman was just a fat, used up has-been when Wlad got to him. The Rahman Vitali avoided was the same guy who absolutely flattened Corrie Sanders, had KO'ed Lennox Lewis and had a slew of wins over contenders. In fact, his resume was much more impressive than Vitali's. And his jab and right hand were very formidable. Not the same fighter at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X