Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win on Wladimir's resume would you consider as his most signature win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Then why couldnt he win more rounds than Haye in two fckin fights? Theres no guessing required here, we have video evidence Haye is faster and hurt Wlad more than Byrd could dream. Stop being an idiot.
    We really don't know about Haye winning any rounds. I didn't think he won even one, and one judge made it 12-0, another had it 11-1 and the third had it 10-2, all for Klitschko. Ibragimov did about twice as well.....whcih isn't saying much.

I was expecting Haye to be DQ'd for dropping to his knees every time there was a clinch .I believe that the ref let it go because there was such a huge, expectant crowd. He may have been expecting Klitschko to land one good right hand and finish it, something he was in the habit of doing sooner or later.

Comment

He put on signature performances against Peter and Byrd, but I don't think he has a signature opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        we're talking natural size, not a small few pounds differentiating them against a common opponent. Byrd has weighed in under 210 for HW fights, made 175 near the end of his career.

Byrd is the better boxer, better fighter. prime Byrd would school Haye.
        Byrd had to exercise constantly to get over 200, he was a very small heavy, just about 6 feet, if that. He was always at a great size disadvantage, and if he hadn't been such an evasive, competitive and skilled boxer, he'd had got nowhere He was champion for quite a while,nearly 4 years, had some astonishing wins, and a very good chin, even against heavy hitters.

He took that fight against Vitaly Klitschko who was 27-0 all by KO...... he got lucky.

I think he didn't care who his opponent was because he was so very sincerely religious. I liked him as a boxer, but his spouting all the religious stuff at every opportunity was very irritating

Comment

He looked phenomenal in both Byrd fights and in the Chagaev fight. Classy boxer Wladimir is. I will miss him dearly when he decides to end his glorious career.

Comment

I remember watching one of Lennox Lewis's early fights a few days ago.

First 5-10 fights of his.. He went against a 18-3 Argentinian and threw a looping right hand and knocked him down in the first 7 seconds of the first round.

I would have loved to see 15 fight Lennox vs 15 fight Wlad.

Comment

Byrd
              he beat the hell outta Byrd both times
              but the 2nd time was even worse, ended him in 7
              that was the start of his cleansing the HW division

Comment

Sam Peter ... Byrd was a middleweight ... underrated and very skilled but he was not a true heavyweight.

I'm not a Klit fan but the Sam Peter victory was his best win and was a very good win. i give him props for that.

Comment

Somehow similar to Lennox he didn't have that one defining (ali-Frazier, Holyfiled-Bowe) fight.
                  Closest to that I would put first Peter fight. Not because Peter is the best opponent he beat but as in that fight Wlad had to beat many ghosts and to overcome many things.
                  Peter was a scary tough guy by the time they fought.

Apart from that he beat some very good opponents but without real drama, he just dominated them. You need to have a little bit of drama in defining fights.

Comment

sam peter was truly terrible. the jeff lacy of the heavyweight division. super hyped cept with no skill and a crapola resume.

Comment

David Haye.

Go back a couple of years to those threads "Which fights do you want to see", Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye dominated lists alongside Mayweather vs Pacquiao and Gamboa vs Lopez. David Haye, going in to the fight, was seen as Wladimir Klitschko's best challenger ever. The fight itself was actually more competitive than people make it seem, but still a clear victory for Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X