Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Vitali Slowed Down, I Can Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye should pursue a rematch with Wlad instead. He could fight Povetkin and earn himself a mandatory. Guess it's too much work for him, it's easier to go for Vitali without having earned anything.

Comment

Haye ducked Vit (and Wlad) for a couple of yrs
      now he wants Vit since he's old? what a bitch
      Haye isn't knocking out Vit either, but he could outpoint him
      make it a snoozer like the Valuev fight and he has a chance
      that or Vit having to retire with an injury again
      Vuit owes him nothing, Haye should rematch Wlad
      he's too much of a punk for that though

Comment

At least Haye admits Vitali isn't the same.

Comment

Klitschko is on the run, I guess he showed his true colors now - he's a coward and a disgrace to boxing. Either fight Haye or retire, no one is going to give you some sort of special treatment just because you're 41. Hopkins is 47 and still fighting. Either man up or GTFO b!tchko.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Can someone tell me what the **** did Vitali do to deserve a shot at Lennox Lewis? A fighter much higher on the ATG HW List than Vitali?

Vitali's claim to Lewis was

1- Quitting against Chris Byrd(former MW)
            2-Beating Timo Hofferman
            3- Paying off Kirk Johnson

DO people just forget Vitali was yapping about how he deserves a Lewis pay day AFTER HE BEAT JOURNEYMAN ROSS PURRITY??

lmfao.

I think
            Knocking out Granite Chisora, beating Sugar Nick, and being former CW Champ is probably > than quitting against Byrd, beating shot Donald and journeyman Ross Purrity??
            Nice to see you changed your avatar, see it immediately affected your karma =)

To answer your question... it's not that much in not deserving the fight but Haye's intentions for his future.
            Beating Vitali did much for Lennox legacy - actually I think it's his best win. If Vitali beats Haye and Haye decides to retire it won't do any good for Vitali. If he beats next HW champion it would look better.

I don't have nothing against the fight and I would like it to happen but only if Haye declares he wants to stay in boxing regardless of Vitali's fight.
            Last edited by Simurgh; 01-14-2013, 03:55 AM.

Comment

If only he would actually show up to fight! So much talent wasted on being a celebrity and headline grabber instead of an actual fighter. David Haye I still believe to this day has the gifts to beat the two brothers but he'd actually have to get in the ring with a mind to take the fight to them. That my toe, my toe ishh won't work a second time bro. The way to beat a Klitschko is to frustrate the hell of them in the ring, not outside of it. I used to be a fan man..so f'ing disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                Can someone tell me what the **** did Vitali do to deserve a shot at Lennox Lewis? A fighter much higher on the ATG HW List than Vitali?

Vitali's claim to Lewis was

1- Quitting against Chris Byrd(former MW)
                2-Beating Timo Hofferman
                3- Paying off Kirk Johnson

DO people just forget Vitali was yapping about how he deserves a Lewis pay day AFTER HE BEAT JOURNEYMAN ROSS PURRITY??

lmfao.

I think
                Knocking out Granite Chisora, beating Sugar Nick, and being former CW Champ is probably > than quitting against Byrd, beating shot Donald and journeyman Ross Purrity??
                Didn't Lewis fight Vitali because Kirk Johnson got injured?
                And Haye isn't ranked anywhere now, he's a nobody who already lost to the champ, Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  That's a silly question.... At least Klitschko didn't go around all the talk shows for the previous 5-6 months spouting about what destruction he's bring on Ibragimov. Or carry a dripping head on a poster(he wouldn't bother with T-shirt crap)..... And Ibragimov actually did about twice as well as Haye, on the judges score cards, I recall reading this in a report.

This doesn't mean that it was a good fight, it was far too tactical for that, and Ibragimov was concentrating on just surviving, which, for a nippy guy is often realiseable.
                  Around the time HBO were hyping the fight to the fullest. Wladimir was doing the whole talk show circuit also posters "The Russians Are Coming!". The fact is they held the fight at the mecca of Boxing and were booed out at the second Round by the fans. He was banned from HBO until the Haye fight. Why not just say 'I don't want to see this fight because I don't like David Haye." You would know all that trash talk was to hype the fight and not to take it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Nice to see you changed your avatar, see it immediately affected your karma =)

To answer your question... it's not that much in not deserving the fight but Haye's intentions for his future.
                    Beating Vitali did much for Lennox legacy - actually I think it's his best win. If Vitali beats Haye and Haye decides to retire it won't do any good for Vitali. If he beats next HW champion it would look better.

I don't have nothing against the fight and I would like it to happen but only if Haye declares he wants to stay in boxing regardless of Vitali's fight.
                    And you shall never be taken seriously again.. The Vitali win is nothing on LL's record. Nobody cared about him then. LL is from a different era of serious challengers and he beat everyone he every stepped into the ring with. The Vitali win was just a small payday-

Comment

Why is it always the opponents getting accused of "concentrating on surviving"? What do you think Wlad is doing when he wraps his arms around an opponent when they come into distance? Most of Wlad's opponents are in a no win situation, they are getting hit with the jab if they stay on the outside, but if they try to get inside they are stopped from boxing by Klitschko's illegal tactics. Wlad is a cheat and would still be getting put on his back if he wasn't. I find it hilarious that his fans try to convince everyone he has turned in to an amazing boxer over the years, when the biggest thing he has changed is to use illegal tactics as his defence.

Comment

Working...
                      X