Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Vitali Slowed Down, I Can Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    it was widely considered that Froch beat Pascal, even Pascal said it. the cards were unduly wide, but there was no controversy over who won.

Kessler diehards say that everyone including the British press scored for Kessler (including the British press), but many impartial messageboard scorers had it for Froch and Showtime's press-row glance had it 116-115 Froch (British), 115-112 Kessler (Danish) and 115-113 Froch (German), on top of Bernstein's score for Froch (Tarver scored close for Kessler).

i did ultimately deduct the Dirrell win from Froch (see the end of my post).
    I believe Pascal was a great win for Froch as stated in the original post. He was there until the late rounds but faded from round 9 onwards. Also, Kesslers victories was against pure SMWs. Frochs Ws came against drained LHW (Bute (to some extent), Mack, Pascal. Or MW: Abraham, Taylor. With regards to the Froch-Kessler fight, as said it was close but I had it 6-5 Kessler 1 round draw. If so many outlets and commentators scoring it for Kessler how could it be a gift? I was watching it on sky and Watt & Darke said Kessler had probably just snatched it. So it was no way a gift. With regards to resumes, Kessler was on the scene much prior to Froch. He was ahead much earlier in his career, so the people he fought against is almost from another era. All in all, the fight will get signed and we shall see. Also, I don't see how you can say Kessler will get ko'd. He has one of the best chins in the business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      Had to give you something to wank off to, didn't I? Oh like you have inside info from the k2 camp? Haha. Kessler is my neighboor you fool. Ørestad, CPH. Check it out.
      calm it down, andy. I got your back here

Comment

Frochs Ws came against drained LHW (Bute (to some extent), Mack, Pascal. Or MW: Abraham, Taylor.
        Bute and Pascal were career SMW's when Froch fought them.

Abraham is a two-weight titlist, has now snagged himself a paper title from a pure SMW in Stieglitz. he's no worse an opponent at SMW than a lot of the fellows you named for Mikkel.

Taylor's talent and pedigree and status as a former true MW champion puts him above most Kessler opponents. he had the size to compete at SMW, was still within his prime age when Froch fought him (many felt Taylor should have gotten the nod in his rematch with Pavlik a year before) and was more than capable of winning a SMW strap if he'd fought the kind of opposition that a Sartison or a Beyer or a Siaca or a Mundine fought for theirs.

from what i've seen, press row appears to be divided on the Froch-Kessler fight. rhetoric aside, i'm willing to concede that it could conceivably have been interpreted either way and that home advantage was a key factor, but most Kessler diehards seem to want to claim it as a clear and decisive victory for their man, which it certainly wasn't.

Froch is better now than he was then, Kessler is possibly more vulnerable. that, in a nutshell, is why i feel Froch will stop him.
        Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-14-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

How the hell do you know what British fans think? You wouldn't know a single thing about any of that. did you see the queue for his last autograph signing? The amount of good press he gets in the newspapers/sky sports these days? Stop talking BS about something you know absolutely nothing about. His last fight had more screaming fans than all the klit's fights combined.

Valuev was a champion for a long time in the HW division - why didn't they fight? Are you suggesting that Valuev ducked Vitali? haha. Vitali wanted to fight Valuev, when he was retired. He never called him out before? (try again).
          I read the paper everyday and I never see Haye's name mentioned. Why is that? Maybe its because I live in the USA where no one gives a 5hit about David Haye.

Comment

• I don't get how Haye still generates so much interest. What's he done really other than running his mouth and losing to Wlad without showing much

Comment

• Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
              I don't get how Haye still generates so much interest. What's he done really other than running his mouth and losing to Wlad without showing much
              The only common opponent between Vitali and Haye is Dereck Chisora - Vitali had a tough fight against him and went the distance, while Haye knocked him out in 5.

How can anyone not be interested in seeing a fight between them? It's not difficult to comprehend why Vitali is terrified of Haye at this point. I think people are just playing dumb on purpose, trying to attribute Vitali with some false sense of pride and machismo that he just doesn't have any longer.

Why wouldn't Vitali be scared, he was stretched to the limit by Chisora while Haye had an easy time with him. It's only natural that a sense of fear and trepidation now courses through Vitali's veins whenever he thinks of Haye. He probably gets cold shivers at the sound of Haye's name.

Comment

• If some heavyweight in his prime kept calling Muhammed Ali or Joe Louis out day after day when they were age 41, that boxer would be seen as a despicable loser who wants to take advantage of a faded fighter.

Haye ducked age 38 Vitali because Dr. Ironfist was still very good at that age.

Now that Vitali has faded, as we saw in his fights with Chisora and Charr, Haye is interested.

What does that tell us about the kind of man Haye is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  If some heavyweight in his prime kept calling Muhammed Ali or Joe Louis out day after day when they were age 41, that boxer would be seen as a despicable loser who wants to take advantage of a faded fighter.

Haye ducked age 38 Vitali because Dr. Ironfist was still very good at that age.

Now that Vitali has faded, as we saw in his fights with Chisora and Charr, Haye is interested.

What does that tell us about the kind of man Haye is?
                  Lies, if Haye didn't want to fight Vitali he wouldn't have signed the contract which allowed either brother to fight him.

Vitali is rated number #2 in the division, criticising a fighter for wanting to fight the 2nd best in the division instead of domestic prospects is the most stupid **** i have ever seen so called "boxing fans" do. Vitali is either the 2nd best HW (in which case Haye can't be a coward for choosing him over weaker comp) or he's not and he should drop the title and go retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    I read the paper everyday and I never see Haye's name mentioned. Why is that? Maybe its because I live in the USA where no one gives a 5hit about David Haye.
                    Nobody give a **** about Vitali either. Wake the fuk up.

The bottom line is we are talking about two European Superstars. So don't bring your nationalistic bias into it.

Haye will give Vitali a bigger fight in terms of interest from UK and Germany than ANY OTHER OPPONENT outside of Wlad.

THe 'interest' in boxing from Germany is over hyped. Outside of Haye-Vitali-Wlad there is no heavyweight stars.

Boystov was fighting in front of like 3000 people.. lol

David Haye is the biggest money fight out there for Vitali.

Comment

• Going after the #2 or #3 to get a shot at the #1 is a perfectly reasonable way of doing things.

At the time Golota was a rising star during the mid 90's.. his eyes was on Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.

He 'earned' that right by going after the #3 Riddick Bowe.(some will even have Bowe as the #2)

He 'lost' both fights due to DQ.. but he dominated Bowe and the public perception was that Andrew Golota is now the clear #3... after having put up such a great performance against Bowe.

Golota made his way to Lewis by beating up Bowe.

In the early 90's
                      The top 4 heavyweights were thought of as
                      Holyfield
                      Bowe
                      Tyson
                      Ruddock

Lewis wanted Holyfield /Bowe/Tyson... Tyson went to prison and Lewis went after Ruddock.. The supposed #3... Lewis knocked out Ruddock... Hence earning his shot at the #1 Bowe.

You 'earn' your way to the #1.

Beating Vitali is the BEST way of getting to Wlad.... It's common sense.

David Haye is doing nothing wrong.
                      He can go knock out Boystov or Adamek and people will just say Boystov was a bum and Adamek was shot.

He can go knock out Price and people will say Price had a glass chin all along.

Vitali is the only way.

Comment

Working...
                      X