No announcement yet.

Boxing a racist sport???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism? Racism indeed.....

Boxing like many sports has a vein of racism that runs through it, but in general is it "racist?" I say no. I think the term is thrown around so superfluously that it becomes difficult to actually examine when it's happening and it becomes even harder to hold folks appropriately accountable.

With Mayweather the hate that's felt toward him I think is a natural response by non-blacks to an African American that's arrogant. But he's backed up all of his words with tangible wins, that's the rub, that's the frustration, that "boy" hasn't been put in his place. He wouldn't be nearly the target he is now if he'd had his tail kicked a few times, that way the droves of people that hate him could experience the vicarious rush of someone finally silencing that mouthy black.

A lot of posts on this site aren't content to analyze Mayweather's skills and abilities in the ring, no they go much further because what some hate is the man. And when you hate the man, whatever he does will never be good enough, ever......

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      A lot of white British hate Pacquiao, I wonder if a lot of them hate Asians or something?

They love Floyd Mayweather though even though he was very disrespectful and rude to Hatton, but hate Pacquiao for being humble and gracious.
      Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Well if you look at the turn outs, when Floyd came back to England to promote his upcoming fight they came in droves, and many of them were saying Pacquiao sucks.

When Pacman went there to promote his fight with Hatton the only ones who showed up for him were the Filipino hotel workers.

Floyd also claims the british love him more than the Americans.
      You are suggesting English people hate Pacquiao or even Asians in general because more people turned out to see the Hatton vs Mayweather fight promotions than the Hatton, Pacquiao ones?

That is some ******ed logic.

Forget the fact that the fight was bigger, promoted better and was between two undefeated fighters.
      Last edited by -Lowkey-; 01-13-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        I never called you a minority. I have to talk to you different for you to get it. Im glad your dad made good. One out of how many millions. Have you checked on the legislation on your fellow brothers in Ga and Arizona. No one is free when others are oppressed. The problem is dumbasses like you who dont know what the fuk their talking about because they got a little piece of the pie and dont care enough to look back down the mountain. You might understand when you pass through certain states and they dont have to give you reason for detaining you other than you might not have the proper paper work on you. I feel like Im being punked. Where is Ashton? You really dont get it. Back to boxing for now.
        Nope, My uncles were poor immigrants aswell and they have bigger houses than I do. Infact most immigrant families I know are well off. Why?because they actually worked for their things. Racism isn't like what it used to be. Infact the president is black. The victim act doesn't work anymore

and why didn't you acknowledge Kobe or any other black athlete getting sponsors? Log off kid

Comment

Absolutely it is, boxing isn't a team sport so most fans usually identify with and back fighters from their own national origin and ethnic background.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            "Floyd aint neva gonna get no credit cuz he black!"

He's making $50 Million a fight and is rated the #1 P4P. GTFO with that racial victim act
            I gotta love it when they call me racist over the smallest thing and yet Floyd and Broner can say anything in the book of racism about other people and get praised.

He don't deserve that #1 P4P.

Comment

funny how this thread has nothing to do with blacks buts once again were the topic of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Nope, My uncles were poor immigrants aswell and they have bigger houses than I do. Infact most immigrant families I know are well off. Why?because they actually worked for their things. Racism isn't like what it used to be. Infact the president is black. The victim act doesn't work anymore

and why didn't you acknowledge Kobe or any other black athlete getting sponsors? Log off kid
                I'll say no more. They can show you better than I can tell you. Good luck my uneducated friend. If your "they worked for things" statement is some kind of insinuation that black people dont work then i know youre stupid. Like i said my fam has never been on public assistance. If blacks did no work then your ass would have never had a chance to succeed in the states. You dont know your history.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  I'll say no more. They can show you better than I can tell you. Good luck my uneducated friend. If your "they worked for things" statement is some kind of insinuation that black people dont work then i know youre stupid. Like i said my fam has never been on public assistance. If blacks did no work then your ass would have never had a chance to succeed in the states. You dont know your history.
                  Too easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    Umm... Klitschkos? Froch? Bute?

Or myself

**** race.

they wouldn't be considered white cause they dont live in america, american logic..the same way black fighters who are from certain countries arent called black

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7221826AAPlzLB

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                      funny how this thread has nothing to do with blacks buts once again were the topic of discussion.
                      Hmmmmm, let me see if I'm getting this straight. The term "racism" is injected but somehow we're supposed to cover everything else but blacks, or act as if blacks aren't treated with racism? Due to the brutal legacy of this country blacks and racism are going to be mentioned, they have to be. Surely you must understand this?

Comment

Working...
                      X