• Show
Clear All

• The first round is usually the toughest round to score in a fight

Is this true?

Need more 10-10 rounds.

Comment

no...................

Comment

nope I score it accordingly same as I will with a 12th round.

Comment

Usually for me the first round is hard to score because most of the time it's a feeling out round and you don't really see either guy dominate that round unless its like a Pacquiao vs. Marquez round 1 type deal where the guy just comes out and drops the guy three times.

Most of the time the fight starts with both guys just being very cautious and for me it's hard as hell to score that first round.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Usually for me the first round is hard to score because most of the time it's a feeling out round and you don't really see either guy dominate that round unless its like a Pacquiao vs. Marquez round 1 type deal where the guy just comes out and drops the guy three times.

Most of the time the fight starts with both guys just being very cautious and for me it's hard as hell to score that first round.
            you know its not against the rules to score rounds even.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              nope I score it accordingly same as I will with a 12th round.
              How do you score a "feeling out" round where both guys might land a jab or two and no significant punch is thrown by either guy? That's the point of this thread.

That's why i say there needs to be more 10-10 rounds.

If a fight is super close the outcome could be determined how you score a meaningless round where neither guy does anything.

All the judges these days are so fixated on scoring a winner of a round but in the old days even rounds were way more common.

Comment

I don't mind 10-10 round but it needs to be a rarity not a Copout most of those feeling out rounds do have a winner

Comment

I score all first rounds even.

I score all the following rounds even as well unless one fighter is clearly dominating.

Round 1: Even
                  Round 2: Vitali
                  Round 3: Lennox
                  Round 4: Vitali
                  Round 5: Even
                  Round 6: Lennox

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    How do you score a "feeling out" round where both guys might land a jab or two and no significant punch is thrown by either guy? That's the point of this thread.

That's why i say there needs to be more 10-10 rounds.

If a fight is super close the outcome could be determined how you score a meaningless round where neither guy does anything.

All the judges these days are so fixated on scoring a winner of a round but in the old days even rounds were way more common.

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    you know its not against the rules to score rounds even.

Comment

Working...
                    X