No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao, Marquez Return Details Discussed By Beltran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    You really are clueless with this boxing thing. Those 3 Pac opponents are way better than JMM's 3, it's no contest.

Casa - paperest champ in boxing, lost 120-107 to Santa Cruz, who David Diaz stopped
    Diaz - outclassed by Campbell and Paulie, retired at 27
    Katsidis - great guy, will never win a world title, unlike David Diaz
    David "the punching bag" Diaz is in no way shape or form better than Casamayor... And the baby bull was stylistically a good fight for malignaggi but in reality Marquez retired Diaz. So no, you're wrong. That whole "he lost to the man who beat that guy who lost a thumb war to the other guy" is not boxing! Ali/Frazier/Foreman.... Enough said!

Comment

Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
      Is that the same experts that believed Oscar had peaked, that pac would be too fast for him? the same oscar that only had 3 fights in 4 years at MIDDLEWEIGHT.
      It's most experts, and oddsmakers. It's really easy to google for this, don't make me do it for you.

Comment

David "the punching bag" Diaz is in no way shape or form better than Casamayor... And the baby bull was stylistically a good fight for malignaggi but in reality Marquez retired Diaz. So no, you're wrong. That whole "he lost to the man who beat that guy who lost a thumb war to the other guy" is not boxing! Ali/Frazier/Foreman.... Enough said!
        Nobody that's any good loses 120-107 to Santa Cruz. Casa was once a great fighter, everyone has an expiration period, see Mosley.

Comment

It's most experts, and oddsmakers. It's really easy to google for this, don't make me do it for you.
          Oddsmakers mean to boxing what Donald ***** means to politics, not a damn thing. Need I remind you PAC was a landslide favorite against Marquez.

Comment

Oddsmakers mean to boxing what Donald ***** means to politics, not a damn thing. Need I remind you PAC was a landslide favorite against Marquez.
            Not for the 4th fight. And of course he gets extra credit for overcoming the odds, that's normal. You'll find that odds are a pretty reliable guide for who's gonna win, on average.

I'm really having trouble taking you seriously, you seem off on all your facts.

Comment

Nobody that's any good loses 120-107 to Santa Cruz. Casa was once a great fighter, everyone has an expiration period, see Mosley.
              Casa is about the same age as Marquez and was still a threat when they fought. Weather he lost that fight it doesn't really mean much, upsets happen all the time. He came back and KO katsidis next, given that katsidis was winning but knocking katsidis out is no easy feat.

Comment

do you seriously think Diaz is better win then casa at any stage of casa career? And even in casa past prime status he is still a better fighter and better win then beating a prime david Diaz. David Diaz is a c class bum.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
                  do you seriously think Diaz is better win then casa at any stage of casa career? And even in casa past prime status he is still a better fighter and better win then beating a prime david Diaz. David Diaz is a c class bum.
                  It's the same class of win. Casa was washed up, you could see it through most of the Katsidis fight, and of course the shameful JASC robbery, worst I've seen. He did turn back the clock a little with Marquez, was doing much better than expected. You can say the same for Barrera.

Comment

Not for the 4th fight. And of course he gets extra credit for overcoming the odds, that's normal. You'll find that odds are a pretty reliable guide for who's gonna win, on average.

I'm really having trouble taking you seriously, you seem off on all your facts.
                    I'm not gonna argue with you about odds, they are what they are intended for, ********; It doesn't define a fight. Did you honestly believe de la Hoya had a shot, cutting down that much weight against a younger faster opponent? You need to think about it and don't let the "odds" do it for you

Comment

I'm not gonna argue with you about odds, they are what they are intended for, ********; It doesn't define a fight. Did you honestly believe de la Hoya had a shot, cutting down that much weight against a younger faster opponent? You need to think about it and don't let the "odds" do it for you
                      You need to realize it's only obvious after the fact. Just do yourself a favor and google for some predictions.

You know DLH was looking for a fight at 147 independent of Pac? He wanted to beat up on a midget to revive his flagging career, first approached Hatton. Why do you think he took a 150 tuneup, he really wanted a piece of Forbes?

So yeah, DLH is not the brightest bulb. How do you suppose genius Schaefer, Nacho, Dundee didn't see it coming, why didn't they stop him from going out in such humiliating fashion? If they'd only talked to you...

Comment

Working...
                      X