Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chin Debate. Does Knock downs count towards your chin ratings? I think KD'S do.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Boxers think so much different than fans. Juan Marquez is proof of this. He's been put down, but never out. Are you going to tell me that Marquez has an average chin considering who he's been hit by and who has put him down. He's taken punches from Pac, Norwood, Juarez, Barrera, Diaz, and Katsidis.
    No... It counts towards his chin ratings.. it don't mean he have an average chin.

Example: IF JMM was NEVER KNOCKED DOWN. He have a GREAT CHIN.

As of right now.. JMM have a GOOD chin..

See the difference.

KD'S should rightfully count towards your chin ratings... I mean if you go down .. you go down.

The only guys that clearly suffer flash known downs are Tito and Sergio. Guys like Wlad usually looks hurt when he goes down.

Comment

If they hitting the canvas alot then they have a biscuit chin

Comment

I voted yes, thing is certain fighters that get knocked down have the ability to recover quickly others..get knocked down and dont seem to be able to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
          I voted yes, thing is certain fighters that get knocked down have the ability to recover quickly others..get knocked down and dont seem to be able to recover.
          Ya.. recovery have nothing to do with the chin ratings though.

I wish I can school those ******s on ESB. But it seem like the SCENE is much smarter.. at least according to the votes so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Ya.. recovery have nothing to do with the chin ratings though.

I wish I can school those ******s on ESB. But it seem like the SCENE is much smarter.. at least according to the votes so far.
            Agreed but if your able to recover you can be successfull with a below avg chin, if your not able to recover..then..your @ssed out.

Comment

**** very simple theyre hearts make up for their chins

u get knocked down , and get up it your heart not your chin preventing u from staying down/thread

Comment

Of course they do

JMM has great heart and recovery....but he does get knocked down from the hard hitters as most people would

He just managers to recover practically every time

He does have a great chin but its not iron

Margarito...now that is a 10 chin...Even Pacquiao, We havnt seen it much but I would say Mayweather considering the shots he took from mosley

Many others too up there

Comment

Ultimately it's situational, there have been a lot of knockdowns where a fighter was just off balance and a punch was able to cause him to fall over. Most of the time it probably is an indication of the strength of a fighters punch resistance. I mean Marquez for example ahs got knockdown so many times, but he always gets up and continues to absorb some major shots throughout the rest of the fight. Overall his chin might not be the best due to the knockdowns, but he handles it the best in boxing atm.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    **** very simple theyre hearts make up for their chins

u get knocked down , and get up it your heart not your chin preventing u from staying down/thread
                    Right... so does kd's count towards your chin ratings in your opinion?

When I'm allowed to make threads again.. I'll make a 'heart rating' thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
                      pfft no, lots of KD's are the result of being off balance .... compare/contract a Gamboa KD vs a Khan KD, where the former [Gamboa] gets KD'd he gets back up and shakes off the flash and proceeds to dominate...where as Khan when getting KD' has no legs at all.
                      Gamboa was hurt every time he was dropped.

How do you know he wasn't hurt? I can tell.
                      His eyes said he was hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X