Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner is Not Looking To Leave 135 Any Time Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would he? when he can fight 5'3 bums like Rees instead of Matthysse, Khan, Garcia, Alvarado, Peterson, Rios,

Comment

Of course he is, so he can keep small guys and not take a serious challenge. Protectin his "0" like his idol

Comment

Canelo gets killed for the career path Broner is taking, yet Broner gets praised. Double standard!

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
          Canelo gets killed for the career path Broner is taking, yet Broner gets praised. Double standard!
          Broner is hated on just as much, if not more, than Canelo.

Comment

Broner is going to try to clean out his division. Is Canelo?

Comment

hater!
              whens the last time ginger actually fought a champ? or any one in the top 3 of his division......callate guey!

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                At 23 Broner's not even in his prime yet. It's smart for him to stay at 135 and try to clean it out, if he's successful he'll be a mega star and he'll be getting paid $. He should be in his prime by 2014, he'll be ready for the big dogs at 140 by that time.
                How is he going to be a mega star fighting at 135? The best fights out there are Vazquez, Burns, Abril and Gamboa, and the only mega fight that can me made is with Gamboa.

I don't have a problem with Broner staying at 135 as long as he fights the opponents that I just mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  Those calling for Broner to move up to 140 now don't have his best interest at heart. 140 is the strongest division in boxing right now and Broner is still young. Why not clear out 135 and develop as a fighter at the same time? When the time is right, they will move up to 140 and likely beat everyone there too. Broner is not doing anything different from anyone else. He has made big mistakes in the past by calling out guys from higher divisions, but how many of us didn't make stupid mistakes at age 23, and how many of us were even in his position to even criticize him for it? I think Robert Guerrero tout him a little lesson when he confronted him at that weigh in. I think Broner will keep his mouth shut about that kind of thing for now on. Hey, its a learning process in every aspect and Broner being so good and confident, got ahead of himself. Wow, I didn't know Burns asked for 7 figures! I don't even think Broner has made a million dollars yet in one fight. And I agree about the writer sounding bitter too. Its like having a Pac-tard write an article about Floyd. lol
                  Guerrero would be tough but at 140 Broner stands a damn good chance of dominating him.

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                  He's 23 with 5 kids and an affinity for nice things, it should be about the money.
                  A million or 2 a year should cover it right?

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  hahahaha You got me there. Broner bit off a bigger piece than he could chew with Guerrero. I hope he learned his lesson. I'm sure Broners people got on him for that.
                  Guerrero looked weak as fuk begging for a fight. I don't know what y'all saw.
                  Canelo is picking the toughest guys at his weight. Though I agree with how Canelo's been handled. Broner just got to 135. No where near the same.

Comment

LOL, what happened?

We have Mathysse, Garcia, at 140lbs and they're all Golden Boy fights that are EASY to make, add Khan and Judah for giggles too.

What's there at 135lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post

Guerrero looked weak as fuk begging for a fight.

damage control. guerrero made broner look like a feminine puss puss. broner couldn't even look him in the eye lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X