No announcement yet.

Report: Vitali will fight one more time before retiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Have you not noticed Fury has become more complete and dimensional fighter? He's more active (in terms of punch output) than Haye and his fights are very entertaining.

Fury's young hungry and on up shot while (Vitali) Klitschko years past prime yet still very game.

On paper, this is great matchup, much more so than Haye-Vitali. Just look how Haye fought against feather fisted Valuev and how cowardly he fought against Wlad - why do you think he'll fight any different against Vitali?
    First of all, Haye fought the RIGHT fight against Valuev... That's what ANYONE should of done, just move and box, move and box. Why go toe to toe with a 7 footer, that would be ******. And Wlad is much more defensive than Vitali... Vitali would be there to be hit and vice versa, I think it would be a much more exciting fight no matter who wins.

Fury is getting better, he just doesn't do much for me... he's awkward and lazy. Not discounting him, it wouldn't be a bad fight, just not my type.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      First of all, Haye fought the RIGHT fight against Valuev... That's what ANYONE should of done, just move and box, move and box. Why go toe to toe with a 7 footer, that would be ******.
      Valuev is feather-fisted. He's big, but doesn't punch hard at all.

Haye-Vitali will be dull.

Remember after Wladimir hit Haye and bloodied his nose in the 5th round of their fight? For the next six rounds, from rounds 6 to 11, Haye went on the defensive. He finally threw one big punch in the 12th, because he knew he's need a KO to win.

Haye-Vitali will be the same. After Haye feels Vitali's punches, he's be 100% on the defensive. Haye be very difficult to hit because Vitali is slowing down, and the fight will be as painful to watch as Haye-Valuev.

However, Vitali vs. Fury is an intriguing matchup of super-heavyweights. In his prime, Vitali would definitely beat Fury, but now, it's a 50-50 fight.

Comment

Vitali is diffrent to Wladimir in styles, he's declined a lot of late and is ripe for the taking. Vitali is always successful against fighters who pressure him shown in his masterclasses against the likes of Arreola, Peter & Adamek. But he struggles with defensive minded skilful counterpunchers ala Byrd.

The reason why Vitali is interested in this fight is simple; he saw how much Wladimir made from the 50% of the Haye bout and wants a piece of that same pie. RTL have been hyping this up since the Adamek bout.

It's a great event that will garner interest to the division again.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Valuev is feather-fisted. He's big, but doesn't punch hard at all.

Haye-Vitali will be dull.

Remember after Wladimir hit Haye and bloodied his nose in the 5th round of their fight? For the next six rounds, from rounds 6 to 11, Haye went on the defensive. He finally threw one big punch in the 12th, because he knew he's need a KO to win.

Haye-Vitali will be the same. After Haye feels Vitali's punches, he's be 100% on the defensive. Haye be very difficult to hit because Vitali is slowing down, and the fight will be as painful to watch as Haye-Valuev.

However, Vitali vs. Fury is an intriguing matchup of super-heavyweights. In his prime, Vitali would definitely beat Fury, but now, it's a 50-50 fight.
          No disrespect but you have an agenda against Haye-Vitali for reasons other than you listed here... which you've said yourself, so I can't take your assessment seriously on why the fight would be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            Haye is the fight I want to see.

I would love to see Vitali TKO6 Haye whist behind on the cards...that would bring so many laughs on here
            That would bring joy to my heart.
            lol Haye would just use that to get himself another big payday in a rematch.

I'd like to see the fight but it's amusing how Haye is pretending there are genuine negotiations and he is supposedly giving Vitali until the end of summer despite not being in contact since early 2012.

He does not know his place at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              lol Haye would just use that to get himself another big payday in a rematch.

I'd like to see the fight but it's amusing how Haye is pretending there are genuine negotiations and he is giving Vitali until the end of summer despite not being in contact since early 2012.

He does not know his place at all.
              Your off mate, He knows exactly how to play the game against the K2. Why do you think Wladimir wanted 50% of the Sky PPV? Instead of keeping RTL earnings and Haye with SKY?

K2 will do anything to force there contract agreements, I actually understand why Chisora acted in the manner he did after they fucked him around with the cancelled fights. It would have been a good gesture if they reimbursed him for the cancelled training camps he had to fund himself.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                No disrespect but you have an agenda against Haye-Vitali for reasons other than you listed here... which you've said yourself, so I can't take your assessment seriously on why the fight would be bad.
                Yes, I have several reasons for wanting to see Fury-Vitali instead of Haye-Vitali, not just because Fury-Vitali would likely to be a more entertaining fight.

I think Haye does not deserve another big payday, while Fury does. Fury is a real pro boxer who loves the sport, while Haye says he'll retire after fighting.

Haye is only interested in one last big payday, and he thinks he has a chance of beating Vitali now because he's slowing down with age. He had his chance to fight Vitali in 2009, again in 2010, and last year, but avoided him. Now he's seen Vitali's fading, I think he really wants the fight.

What would you think if someone ducked Roy Jones for years, and then when he was sure Roy was shot wanted to fight him? Seems kind of low to me.

But Fury deserves a chance too. If he wins, he'll be the peoples' champion, not just someone who wanted to be rich.

I've exchanged twitters with Fury's trainer/uncle, he comes across as a nice guy like John Scully and is willing to talk to ordinary fans like myself. In contrast, Haye's trainer Adam Booth comes across as a jerk.

Comment

Yes, I have several reasons for wanting to see Fury-Vitali instead of Haye-Vitali, not just because Fury-Vitali would likely to be a more entertaining fight.

I think Haye does not deserve another big payday, while Fury does. Fury is a real pro boxer who loves the sport, while Haye says he'll retire after fighting.

Haye is only interested in one last big payday, and he thinks he has a chance of beating Vitali now because he's slowing down with age. He had his chance to fight Vitali in 2009, again in 2010, and last year, but avoided him. Now he's seen Vitali's fading, I think he really wants the fight.

What would you think if someone ducked Roy Jones for years, and then when he was sure Roy was shot wanted to fight him? Seems kind of low to me.

But Fury deserves a chance too. If he wins, he'll be the peoples' champion, not just someone who wanted to be rich.

I've exchanged twitters with Fury's trainer/uncle, he comes across as a nice guy like John Scully and is willing to talk to ordinary fans like myself. In contrast, Haye's trainer Adam Booth comes across as a jerk.
                  fury is a pikie that is ducking price. he actually gave up his british and commonwealth titles to avoid a fight with price. the only reason you dont want to see vitali haye is because you dont like haye. very obvious. funny how you talk about exciting fights, yet i didnt see you complaining about wlad mormeck for example!

Comment

bet you watched it didnt you!

Comment

Of course I did, but it was a mismatch.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=10

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=14

Comment

Working...
                      X