Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Floyd fans those for and against Floyd/ginger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't say I am a "FLOYD FAN" I am a fan of boxing in general so I have great respect for his skills and as far as skill level is concerned if I was a trainer I would have my fighter watching a lot of Mayweather Film in the Ring because he is so Technically Sound in everything he does, almost Flawless in terms Technique and Skills

That being said with the Match up with Canelo...to me the best part of that would/will be the build up, reason why is because Canelo been wasting his time fighting weak competition instead of trying to clean out 154 which in turn would have made him a better fighter...not fighting Molina, Lara and Trout will show to be a huge career mistake much so like Chavez Jr!

You can only PRETEND to the fans for so long, but eventually the truth will come out about you as a fighter...Oscar can only protect him for so long and I wouldn't be shocked that when he does fight guys like Lara or Molina or maybe even Trout, be prepared for some ROBBERIES just like his Boss Oscar whom biggest wins in his career was mostly controversial and questionable

If Mayweather picks Canelo apart like most expect, that does absolutely nothing for him Resume or Legacy or anything, it is just a Big Check I guess but after the fight fans and reporters would have every right to say "YOU BEAT A YOUNG OVERRATED FIGHTER THAT NEVER FOUGHT ANYBODY BEFORE YOU!" and Mayweather nor his Crazy Fans would be able to argue against that because it would be 100% TRUE!

Trout would be a tougher test for Mayweather, Timothy Bradley at 147 IMO, maybe if Pacquiao comes back and beat JMM in a 5th fight that sparks that fight up again with Mayweather, he probably won't get 50/50 but as far as in the ring goes Pacquiao would be a tougher fight for him then Canelo

Then you have Martinez whom I don't "REQUIRE" Mayweather to fight but if he does go to 160 for Martinez then that has to be Respects (Win, Lose or Draw)

Comment

• Against completely.....

The fact that Floyd-Canelo would be for the Ring strap is a sickening thought

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Wouldn't say I am a "FLOYD FAN" I am a fan of boxing in general so I have great respect for his skills and as far as skill level is concerned if I was a trainer I would have my fighter watching a lot of Mayweather Film in the Ring because he is so Technically Sound in everything he does, almost Flawless in terms Technique and Skills

That being said with the Match up with Canelo...to me the best part of that would/will be the build up, reason why is because Canelo been wasting his time fighting weak competition instead of trying to clean out 154 which in turn would have made him a better fighter...not fighting Molina, Lara and Trout will show to be a huge career mistake much so like Chavez Jr!

You can only PRETEND to the fans for so long, but eventually the truth will come out about you as a fighter...Oscar can only protect him for so long and I wouldn't be shocked that when he does fight guys like Lara or Molina or maybe even Trout, be prepared for some ROBBERIES just like his Boss Oscar whom biggest wins in his career was mostly controversial and questionable

If Mayweather picks Canelo apart like most expect, that does absolutely nothing for him Resume or Legacy or anything, it is just a Big Check I guess but after the fight fans and reporters would have every right to say "YOU BEAT A YOUNG OVERRATED FIGHTER THAT NEVER FOUGHT ANYBODY BEFORE YOU!" and Mayweather nor his Crazy Fans would be able to argue against that because it would be 100% TRUE!

Trout would be a tougher test for Mayweather, Timothy Bradley at 147 IMO, maybe if Pacquiao comes back and beat JMM in a 5th fight that sparks that fight up again with Mayweather, he probably won't get 50/50 but as far as in the ring goes Pacquiao would be a tougher fight for him then Canelo

Then you have Martinez whom I don't "REQUIRE" Mayweather to fight but if he does go to 160 for Martinez then that has to be Respects (Win, Lose or Draw)
        This is true, Floyd won't get any credit for the fight. And I'm also not convinced Floyd makes less money elsewhere. Against Pacman or ginger, it isn't redundant to think Floyd might tend to make less than Martinez or even Trout who'll take the fight for cents on the dollar. Both Pacman or ginger require a decent cut of profit. Is it really worth it to spend so much for useless fights??

Comment

• Against it.

Would rather see someone who has actually EARNED the shot. Trout is a good example. I would also like to see Bradley (**** Top Rank, seriously) or Lara. I'd prefer Pacquiao-Mayweather to Canelo even at this stage.

"Ginger" hasn't done anything to deserve such a massive payday. Maybe someday he will have the profile and resume to deserve such a fight. But it isn't now and he should not have the belt nor should he be making so much money.

This sport is a cruel sport to be a fan of

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
            Against it.

Would rather see someone who has actually EARNED the shot. Trout is a good example. I would also like to see Bradley (**** Top Rank, seriously) or Lara. I'd prefer Pacquiao-Mayweather to Canelo even at this stage.

"Ginger" hasn't done anything to deserve such a massive payday. Maybe someday he will have the profile and resume to deserve such a fight. But it isn't now and he should not have the belt nor should he be making so much money.

This sport is a cruel sport to be a fan of
            Biggest problem with Mayweather fighting Alvarez would be the horrible lesson it teaches. Boxing has enough of a problem with young guys never having to prove themselves.

Comment

• I'm totally for it and will try to see it live. The arena will be off the hook with excitement. Canelo will come to fight every minute of each round and Floyds older and a step slower. I don't care to see little Floyd go up to 160 and fight Martinez just to get some respect from fans who don't care about him anyway. The Ghost will be a fun fight too and I'll see it May 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Against completely.....

The fact that Floyd-Canelo would be for the Ring strap is a sickening thought
                the Ring Belt doesnt mean what it once did! Its owned bu a promoter.

Comment

• Originally posted by toyboy33 View Post
                  I'm totally for it and will try to see it live. The arena will be off the hook with excitement. Canelo will come to fight every minute of each round and Floyds older and a step slower. I don't care to see little Floyd go up to 160 and fight Martinez just to get some respect from fans who don't care about him anyway. The Ghost will be a fun fight too and I'll see it May 4th.
                  I can respect this guy. A fan that likes to be screwed dry & says so. No beating around the bush. Direct & to the gut.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Biggest problem with Mayweather fighting Alvarez would be the horrible lesson it teaches. Boxing has enough of a problem with young guys never having to prove themselves.
                    Yup & the fans keep on asking for more.

Comment

• plain and simple, canelo poses a bigger threat than the former featherweight guerrero regardless of his resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X