Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Donaire-Mares Stalled, Valdez, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great....so now they are getting it to where rivalry networks are getting in the way, to go along with the Promoters. Messed up. I just hope Espinoza and Arum can work something out or GBP gives in to a lump sum of money, otherwise I hope Arum dies.

Comment

GBP should call Bob's bluff. Like Arum himself said, if Mares can beat Nonito, you have a huge star now.

I hate Bob Arum, but he is in the driver's seat here, IMO, and Golden Boy needs to play ball.

Comment

Well I think we all know Bob ain't giving in, so I hope GBP will accept the offer. I know it's bull**** but all I really care about is seeing this fight. It's got to be made soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          GBP should call Bob's bluff. Like Arum himself said, if Mares can beat Nonito, you have a huge star now.

I hate Bob Arum, but he is in the driver's seat here, IMO, and Golden Boy needs to play ball.
          Well said. Let's hope Golden Boy does what's best for the fans here because we already know Top Rank won't.

Comment

Bob Arum is a c*nt

Comment

Originally posted by jlcelestine View Post
              I dont understand what is wrong with the logic. If he isnt asking for any options, and on paper Golden Boy is mentioned and can have their banners raised at the fight to show they are a part of it, and they are getting paid for the matchup, then what is the big deal? i could see if this was going to be a PPV. but for a regular HBO match up, why the hell not?

Of course it would be BETTER for them to co-promote, no doubt. But if the fight is so freaking important, and both GB and Abner Mares will be compensated for their services, then i say go for it.
              Considering the magnitude of this fight, I do hope GBP will just concede. It's still bull**** though.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                Well said. Let's hope Golden Boy does what's best for the fans here because we already know Top Rank won't.
                Yeah but they wont either and its understandable.

They are not gonna sacrifice there bottomline($$$) at the expense of the fans while other business arent willing to do the same. It just doesnt make business sense.

Comment

From Arum stand point, it's understadably a hopeless case at this point for a Donaire-Mares fight scenario to come soon. GBP should give-in to make the fight possible. We know that the Arum argument is full of stupidity but the more we do not understand if GBP will follow Arum style. Donaire-Rigo is not bad match-up after all or at least for the mean time and it should be done before come-up with solution for Donaire-Mares show-down possible! just hopin'....

Comment

If Arum wants to have complete control of the promotion for Donaire-Mares that's fine.

In return he should just give GBP complete control of the promotion for Rios-Matthysse. Or Rios-Danny Garcia.

How does that sound to you Bobby?

Comment

Working...
                    X