Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't people want Broner to clean out 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in Broner vs Linares??? Would be a heck of a fight if u ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner ©

"Golden Boy matchmaker Eric Gomez, however, said that Vazquez's camp bypassed an offer to fight Broner, who defeated DeMarco instead.

"Before we fought DeMarco, I offered [promoter] Fernando Beltran the fight earlier this year to fight Adrien Broner, and they turned down $350,000 for that fightt," said Gomez. "Fernando Beltran said that he was the co-promoter for Vazquez, and he turned down that offer."

So you take a quote from one fighters side and run with it???
      Even if thats true it sounds to me like Beltrán turned it down not Vazquez... But how true is that? Not sure.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        because he is in his prime right now, and people don't want him to waste anymore time at 135.. the hot division is 140. i have no problem with what he does though.. 135 would be of great learning.. but if he wants to be a jumping spider at 147 then go back below its also fine by me. its his story of greatness. I hope he's legit and won't get exposed soon.
        He is not prime. He's a 23yo.kid

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          To answer the question, I don't know why.

People are impatient, he should stay at 135 and clean it out. If he can get Burns, Vasquez and Abril this year it would be 3 very good wins. He should try and make those fights before moving to 140.
          My problem is ppl make it seem like a young fighter is supposed to take one tough fight after another until he loses and if he doesn't, he's ducking. I dunno one fighter in recent memory that didn't take an easy fight once in.a while especially if at first they tried to get 2 very good fights. Boxing fans are just too fickle nowadays just like women.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            well, at least we all agree that Gavin Rees will be beaten like a readheaded stepchild. now we can all hold hands and sing the coca-cola song.

Good idea! Sing along!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
              Anyone interested in Broner vs Linares??? Would be a heck of a fight if u ask me.

Didn't Linares just get knocked out by Sergio Thompson down in Cancun.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T.
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Rigg

Didn't Linares just get knocked out by Sergio Thompson down in Cancun.
                No... He got red carded.

Linares is the perfect cherry pick for Broner. Skilled, flashy AND NOT DURABLE. So no, nobody wants to see Broner-Linares.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Because people are tired of this flashy big mouthed kneegrow beating up on fighters and making it look easy. They want him to continue to move up until he's bitten off more then he can chew so they can say "I told you he was all hype".
                  this!!!!!!!!!!!! thread

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    My problem is ppl make it seem like a young fighter is supposed to take one tough fight after another until he loses and if he doesn't, he's ducking. I dunno one fighter in recent memory that didn't take an easy fight once in.a while especially if at first they tried to get 2 very good fights. Boxing fans are just too fickle nowadays just like women.
                    yes! as if their fav fighter took on big name after big name when on the come up! these people are jokes!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      What tough fight has broner taken? Ponce? All of Broners fights have been easy since.

Wanting him to fight better opponents at 140 isn't absurd. Granted he's young and there is no rush, just being honest there is nothing at 135.
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X