Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson taking shots at John Scully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post the video, so people can know that he also said 'not saying nothing bad about Scully' and 'Scully's a great trainer'.

he wasn't taking shots at Scully. the interviewer asks him why the break and move back to EMM and Dawson tries to rationalize his actions.

threadstarter trying to spark controversy.

Comment

ah, i see the subsequent replies.

Comment

Do any of you simps even know how gyms/trainers work? It is standard industry practice to **** on the old trainer whenever you get a new customer from another trainer. Pull your panties out of your ass you damn sallies.

Comment

I was prepared to talk **** about Chad, but after watching the interview he didn't mean any disrespect to Scully. He feels like he should be with an upper echelon trainer at this time, and I can only respect that. The quote was badly taken out of context.

Comment

way to blow it out of proportion. I knew exactly what he meant by his statement and he wasn't saying it in a way to diss Scully. You take a small quote from anybody by itself and it'll sound bad

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I was prepared to talk **** about Chad, but after watching the interview he didn't mean any disrespect to Scully. He feels like he should be with an upper echelon trainer at this time, and I can only respect that. The quote was badly taken out of context.
              Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              way to blow it out of proportion. I knew exactly what he meant by his statement and he wasn't saying it in a way to diss Scully. You take a small quote from anybody by itself and it'll sound bad
              I definitely took it and ran but I had just watched a video of him making excuses for losing to Ward. I really need him to say "I have a focus problem I need to fix". If I'm not mistaken I remember Mayweather Sir saying just that. He blames everybody but himself. I can't remember him ever taking full responsibility for his short comings. He could get a million different trainers and it won't ever give him any heart.

Comment

Yall are way overblowing this.

He's saying Scully is a great trainer working with young fighters and building them from ground up but that he (Dawson) is further along in his career and doesn't need rebuilding. He's just looking for a guy that can work with the tools he has and polish him up some more.

He didn't disrespect Scully at all, IMO.

Comment

Iv'e given up on this guy.....why is it always the trainer? Scully deserves better.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

He's saying Scully is a great trainer working with young fighters and building them from ground up but that he (Dawson) is further along in his career and doesn't need rebuilding. He's just looking for a guy that can work with the tools he has and polish him up some more.

Lol maybe he didn't intend to be insulting cause he's to stupid to realize what he's saying but he was. Plus read the article that was posted, Chad not returning Icemans calls despite knowing him since he was 11, etc. Trust me he's being disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Pretty much. I think he's also admitting he can't be rebuilt or fundamentally changed (much like Hatton with Floyd Sr.). I think the words just came out in the wrong way from what he intended.

Comment

Working...
                      X