Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    for Joeyzagz...

And your gif tells what ?! Troll!
    Actually Wlad has won the most of the fights you showed in that gif, lol =)

You can do the same with every fighter that ever has been knock downed. And most of that gif I already posted in the opening post. You would save yourself some time if you looked at it.
    This thread is not about Wlad winning 2 of the fights in that gif, itsabout his weak chin. Why cant you stay on your own topic?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      So you think his trainers and team didnt pick up on an illness that made him almost sleepwalk to the ringside?

true it was win, I still had Corrie in my head when I was typing. Like I said, you'd expect him to beat Brewster comfortably, or else he shouldnt be fighting for titles.
      It is hard to pick up on that just by walking. But one can clearly see Wlad was drained after 2 rounds without being hit at all.

One would expect ATG Champion would beat Rahman but he gets KOed. This is HW boxing. Upset do happen.

Comment

Well I think not many people are watching Wlad's fights at all. It surely is affected by HBO doesn't broadcast it. People watched Wlad's 'big fights'. Haye is the recent example and they make the opinion just on that one fight.

I would also like Wlad let his hands go more but I think people are exaggerating when they speak about his style. I don't find him boring at all. He picks his punches. And he is not using just jab and straight. He is using his hook rather often.

He was very entertaining in his last fight. Thomson fight wasn't bad either.

i'll preface this by saying that my opinions on wladimir are not a product of not seeing enough of him. i've seen plenty of wladimir klitschko, from all periods of his career.

he uses the jab almost exclusively for many rounds in many instances. against thompson he threw the right hand more because he was fighting a southpaw. usually, especially against a more fleet opponent or an aggressive opponent, he will look to institute the jab with almost nothing behind it.

he usually doesn't start to put the left hook behind the right hand for many rounds. in some rights he doesn't even throw his big right hand with any frequency until the second half of the fight.

jab jab, step to the side. jab jab, hold. this is his usual pattern early on in the fight.

curiously, where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          This thread is not about Wlad winning 2 of the fights in that gif, itsabout his weak chin. Why cant you stay on your own topic?

You are right. I was carried away by answering the other questions.

Excellent you posted that gif. You can see there that young Wlad actually took many heavy clean punches without being put down. And when he got down it looks to me that he was out of balance and exhausted.

It was in the later rounds. Wlad boxed in average 3 rounds before Puritty fight. He was clearly exhausted. Also note that was his 25th fight in 24 months!

Comment

It is hard to pick up on that just by walking. But one can clearly see Wlad was drained after 2 rounds without being hit at all.
            I dont expect them to be doctors but I do expect them to examine their fighter before a fight. A blood glucose test would have told them instantly something was wrong.

One would expect ATG Champion would beat Rahman but he gets KOed. This is HW boxing. Upset do happen.
            Corrie was an upset, he destroyed Wlad. Lewis got caught by a lucky punch from a prime HW wnho was never going to run into retirement, and Lennox proved that by destroying him UTTERLY in a rematch, and he made sure he got the rematch by including a rematch clause.
            One would not expect Wlad to do the same as an ATG, is what you are saynig.

Comment

It was in the later rounds. Wlad boxed in average 3 rounds before Puritty fight. He was clearly exhausted. Also note that was his 25th fight in 24 months!
              says a lot for the quality of his opponents. They must be have been **** beyond belief to fight one every month or less.

Comment

If Corrie beat Vitali he surely would be HOF. Beating ATG give him at least some argument for being at edge of HOF.
                you can probs beat me in a fight, but it'd be close. If you call yourself an ATG then that makes me a HOF. cheers.

Again 'being amateur golfer' what does it have with anything?! I was asking you with whom did they fight for their championship fights as you call Wlad for fighting Sanders in early stage of his career (please read it correctly).
                early stage? Wlad was a wbo champ, not green! If he can win the WBO title by being green then the title must have been worthless. No , it was virtually prime Wlad versus a slowing, 1 year from retirement clubbing southpaw. Wlad had every advantage, and he blew it.

If you ask how many champions was beaten by lesser fighters "aka bums" I'll tell you many. Some of them are Ali, Mercer, Foreman, Patterson, Liston, Dempsey, Witherspoon, Schmeling, Joe Walcott, Jack Johnson, Ezzard Charles among the others... I can go on with names if you like me to!
                you'd need to disclude Ali losing a fight over the guy that nicked his bike when he was a kid or any of the fights when they were old and finished. I can beat Ali now, dont make me an ATG.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  I dont expect them to be doctors but I do expect them to examine their fighter before a fight. A blood glucose test would have told them instantly something was wrong.

Corrie was an upset, he destroyed Wlad. Lewis got caught by a lucky punch from a prime HW wnho was never going to run into retirement, and Lennox proved that by destroying him UTTERLY in a rematch, and he made sure he got the rematch by including a rematch clause.
                  One would not expect Wlad to do the same as an ATG, is what you are saynig.
                  Wlad was better in the round till he got caught. But there are indeed some difference between Lennox - Rahman and Wlad - Sanders.

Lennox was caught in the 5th round, Wlad was in 1st round.
                  Lennox was pretty much in his prime while Wlad was very far from his prime.
                  Lennox was KOed cold, Wlad was TKOed.

Sorry I don't believe in 'lucky punches'. By that logic you can call every KO punch a lucky punch. They were even after 4th round by HBO.

I described why Wlad didn't have a chance to rematch Sanders. Yes he made a mistake that he didn't include rematch clause - but that doesn't take anything from him. It's about boxing and not negotiation skills. Again I can name how many ATGs didn't revenge their losses.

The fact Wlad was on his feet every time after he got knocked down tell me something about his chin. In that fight his defense was much bigger problem than his chin. Lets just note Sanders was very heavy handed southpaw and I believe that played a very important role too.

Comment

There's no such thing as lucky 'punches'; but there is such a thing as a lucky punch/shot.

Wladimir was still developing as a fighter. He didn't do his homework and paid the price. It happens.

I think the fact he never had the chance to avenge the defeat will effect his standing in the all-time lists.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      you can probs beat me in a fight, but it'd be close. If you call yourself an ATG then that makes me a HOF. cheers.

early stage? Wlad was a wbo champ, not green! If he can win the WBO title by being green then the title must have been worthless. No , it was virtually prime Wlad versus a slowing, 1 year from retirement clubbing southpaw. Wlad had every advantage, and he blew it.

you'd need to disclude Ali losing a fight over the guy that nicked his bike when he was a kid or any of the fights when they were old and finished. I can beat Ali now, dont make me an ATG.
                      I wont discuss on Sanders ranking anymore. If you watched his fight with Vitali you can see what kind of fighter he is.

When I say Wlad was in his early stage I compare that with his career. He was 26. It took long time for him to reach his prime.

That was virtually prime Wlad?! If you are serious, you know **** about boxing and I can't discuss with you anymore, but I'll give of benefit of doubt here.

Sanders was an upset. He caught Wlad clean. That happens in HW. You can't take 1 out of 62 fights as conclusion for anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X