Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch willing to fight Sergio Martinez at catchweight, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
    ask yourself this... How much did Chavez weigh when he fought Martinez who put on a showcase display of boxing skills and gave Chavez a boxing lesson. Martinez is too skilled for Froch who was getting dominated by Jermain Taylor before he caught him with a good shot. Martinez by decision or even KO.
    ignore the poll (martinez is a beloved figure on boxingscene so the poll will be in his favor)

martinez went tooth and nail with barker & Macklin before the ko (2 c class fighters)

& to me chavez is horrible. no head movement, slow, nothing. chavez is just powerful with a strong chin. other then that he's nothing.

froch has fights with abraham, taylor, ward, kessler, bute, dirrell, pascal. how can you still underrate this man? froch would knock martinez's head smooth off. it would be another bute like knock out victory & I'll tell you how the fight would go. martinez moving backwards with his hands down & getting caught by hard shots. froch bullying him to the ropes & wearing him out for a tko.

Comment

if this fight actually gets made i would be so confident that i am willing to make a paypal bet with up to 4 people..............

Comment

froch stops sergio...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Ward - Froch all over again...

Comment

Chavez weighed 190 lbs that night of the fight. I know Froch is a much smarter fighter than Chavez but I don't think he can deal with the tempo that sergio sets as well as his brilliant footwork.
            AFAIK the fight night weight was not shown. A 30lb would be unprecedented and impossible IMO. Zbik was 165 to Chavez 180, he didn't get run over and he's got no power.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              AFAIK the fight night weight was not shown. A 30lb would be unprecedented and impossible IMO. Zbik was 165 to Chavez 180, he didn't get run over and he's got no power.
              I asked ariza on twitter and he said in between 185-192

Comment

I asked ariza on twitter and he said in between 185-192
                I've never heard of a 25lb fight night gain, much less 32. Ariza didn't seem to know much if he's giving you a 7lb window, that's a whole division.

Either way he was a lot bigger than Sergio, but he's been a lot bigger than his not so great opposition till Martinez, and rarely looked good.

Comment

ask yourself this... How much did Chavez weigh when he fought Martinez who put on a showcase display of boxing skills and gave Chavez a boxing lesson. Martinez is too skilled for Froch who was getting dominated by Jermain Taylor before he caught him with a good shot. Martinez by decision or even KO.
                  I think Froch offers more than Chavez but in any event it's worth remembering Froch did catch Taylor and stopped him while Chavez caught Martinez too who was fortunate to survive in the end.

I see it as pick 'em fight, although Martinez would be favoured by most.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

froch ko

sergios a small 160lber

and froch hits hard and has the best chin ever

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                      froch ko

sergios a small 160lber

and froch hits hard and has the best chin ever
                      I like and admire Froch (especially his willingness to fight anyone), but his footwork is painfully slow and his handspeed is average at best. What he brings is power and a sturdy chin.

I like Martinez (especially when he exposed the overprotected daddys boy), but his chin has question marks. What he brings is good power, speed and is awkward.

the winner? In the UK- Froch in a squeeker, anywhere else- Martinez in a squeeker

Comment

Working...
                      X