Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Fury Should Fight Price, Proves He's The Best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
    Vitali is a belt holder, Wlad is the champ.
    They are both champs. Big bro just happened to let Wlad keep all the belts. Ain't he nice.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      They are both champs. Big bro just happened to let Wlad keep all the belts. Ain't he nice.
      I view them as co-champs. "Klitschko" is the champ.

Comment

By your logic can't say 'this fighter doesn't merit a fight because he hasn't done anything or beat anyone' when the exact same can be said of the majority of his recent opponents.

What did shot to shit Shannon Briggs do to 'merit' a shot against Vitali? Lose the WBO title in his first defence to Ibragimov? Between losing his title and fighting Vitali, Briggs fought 4 no name opponents with 40+ loses between them. One of these was even declared an NC because Shannon failed a drugs test. Let me guess, if Haye had spent the last year fighting against bums with 15+ losses he'd qualify for the fight?

Who did Manuel Charr beat to earn a 'merit' at the 'title'? What had he achieved? Obviously, I mean apart from being a fat man with little skill who was willing to fight for a pittance. Perhaps Haye should gain some flab, gel his hair and fight Vitali for £100k?

What did Chisora achieve in his 15 previous fights to merit a shot at the title? Who did he beat? Sam Sexton? Losing to Tyson Fury? Losing to one handed Helenius? Perhaps Haye needs to lose to a domestic level fighter to get his chance?

What did Sosnowski do that was so special that made him 'merit' a shot at Vitali that Haye hasn't surpassed?

What did Adamek do that's any different to Haye? Former CW champ, nothing special on the HW resume, except he didn't hold a title at HW.

Seems to me that Vitali's previous opponents haven't done all that much to 'merit' shot at his paper title, but you suddenly want to make out that Haye doesn't meet some high qualification criteria that clearly doesn't exist. Why not just say 'I don't want to see this fight because I don't like David Haye' instead of trying to make out it's something to do with not deserving the shot. Unless of course you can explain what these other fighters did to merit their shot?
        Exactly ^^. Cannot be said any better. Their logic just doesn't add up. Haye doesn't deserve it, but Charr, sosnowski, Thompson, Mormeck, Chisora, Adamek, Johnson, Briggs and all these other nobodies do? It's like talking to a door. They just don't want the fight to happen for 2 reasons. 1) Haye is a skilled fighter who is the only other fighter in the HW division who has a clear fanbase and actually brings KO's to the table. 2) If Vitali loses to Haye they will be the laughing stock of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          At least Briggs had ONE win over a prime HW top contender at the time, namely Lyakhovich. Haye has ZERO good wins at heavyweight.

Haye has already had his shot at a Klitschko, and put in a poor effort. Charr, Arreola, Adamek, and several others were given their shots.

If Vitali has a farewell fight, he should give Tyson Fury, Kubrat Pulev, Denis Boytsov, or Francesco Pianeta a chance.

I think 20-0 Fury would be the best choice. Win or lose, Fury will go on to become a HOF heavyweight and so will be a good win on Vitali's resume.
          Lol you don't believe that do you? How is Liakhovich a decent, prime HW name when he has zero wins over any good opponents and has lost 5 times to fringe contenders? And they fought in 2006 - so that makes Shannon merit a shot in 2010? I really hope you're joking. And Tyson Fury HOF? You sound like Tyson on twitter! - That says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            No David, Fury would probably take the Vitali fight if it was somehow offered and Vitali could leave you in the dust if he did that. Price and Fury have nothing to do with each right now other than two future obstacles on Haye's imaginary chessboard.

All 3 of them should try to get a Vitali fight...not saying he's a wounded animal but it's worth whatever risk there is. You could make a career just by putting up a good fight against Vitali, Haye knows this...sounds like he is trying to distract Fury and Price
            I think you make a good point. Price has been somewhat on the Klitschko radar and the fight with Vitali is the only fight he wants to entertain. I'd love it if Haye would actually become more interested in just getting in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Exactly ^^. Cannot be said any better. Their logic just doesn't add up. Haye doesn't deserve it, but Charr, sosnowski, Thompson, Mormeck, Chisora, Adamek, Johnson, Briggs and all these other nobodies do? It's like talking to a door. They just don't want the fight to happen for 2 reasons. 1) Haye is a skilled fighter who is the only other fighter in the HW division who has a clear fanbase and actually brings KO's to the table. 2) If Vitali loses to Haye they will be the laughing stock of the world.
              Haye had his shot vs Wlad already and failed.
              Haye already had more than one chance to fight Vitali, but failed to do so.
              How can Haye be deserving in any way?

Comment

****David Haye. He needs to put up or shut up.
                You have to treat him like a child, when he starts crying and throwing a tantrum, ignore him.

Comment

Which has nothing to do with facing the #2 Rated Heavyweight in the world.
                  Seems to me that Vitali's previous opponents haven't done all that much to 'merit' shot at his paper title, but you suddenly want to make out that Haye doesn't meet some high qualification criteria that clearly doesn't exist. Why not just say 'I don't want to see this fight because I don't like David Haye' instead of trying to make out it's something to do with not deserving the shot. Unless of course you can explain what these other fighters did to merit their shot?
                  Last edited by damuttz112; 01-09-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Which has nothing to do with facing the #2 Rated Heavyweight in the world.

Which opponents are you talking about? If you mean Charr, he was a replacement for, guess who, David Haye, who declined the offer to fight Vitali in Moscow last September.

The point is, Haye should have fought Vitali already, and he might very well have missed the train now. That his fanboys still support him and are now whining that Vitali might not fight him because he's finally about to retire, is mildly put beyond belief.

Haye is an exciting fighter and has the tools to possibly beat a Klitschko, but he's such a waste of talent at this point in time. I dislike how Haye conducts and promotes himself, but he's a pretty good fighter.

Above all, as I said, he had his chance with Wlad, and he looked like a joke.
                    Haye needs to shut the fuck up, hope for a Vitali fight, or fight some contenders instead of keep babbling.

Comment

We all know there was certain factors deciding against the Vitali fight happening back in 2009. Setanta, injuries, contract wasn't as promised etc. I think you're painting too holy a picture of the brothers. Everyone who's fought them say they were basically treated like a pile of dung and the contracts are awful with 3 options etc. I applaud Haye for not getting involved with that mess. Bottom line is this: it's the most interesting fight in the HW division, and whether you like him or not this fight would also get you excited. Money talks, and Haye brings that more than anyone. He also brings Sky and a helluva lot more viewers on RTL - couple that with Vitali's constant promises of knocking him out and making him eat his words and doing what his brother couldn't do. Add to that the fact that Vitali hasn't really have a super fight. He was a beast back in 2004 when he beat Danny Williams and back then any version of Haye wouldn't stand a chance. But it's different now and that's why it should happen. To please the general public as well as make them both a decent payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X