Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto, Castillo, Corrales: Who has the better resume/wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to give the slight edge to Cotto. And his resume also includes DeMarcus Corley and Randall Bailey, 2 more world champions.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Ehhhh maybe Maussa, he upset Vivian Harris once upon a time. What did Randall Bailey ever do, aside from KO an unproven Mike Jones??? He was also coming off losing his last 3 important fights when Cotto fought him.

Ehhh I guess Corley was alright, but he was coming off the loss to Mayweather at the time.
      No one can count Chop Chop for Cotto. That fight was some serious home town cooking. I, as a Cotto fan was ashamed of that fight.

Comment

Well Castillo arguably beat one of Cotto's last four opponents....

I can guarantee you that you probably didn't watch the sport when Johnston, Casamayor, and Lazcano were in their primes at 135.

Castillo's wins > Cotto's wins

And Castillo wasn't a legit fighter in 3-4 years by the time of Gomez fight. Cotto was still the #1 ranked fighter at 154 as recently as 9 months ago. It's not even close to the same thing.
        I'm 33 years old! are you kidding me? lol I've been attending fights and seeing them on T.V. since I was 8. I come from a boxing family. anyhow, we can agree to disagree. people are entitled to there views, and i respect that.

Comment

Ehhhh maybe Maussa, he upset Vivian Harris once upon a time. What did Randall Bailey ever do, aside from KO an unproven Mike Jones??? He was also coming off losing his last 3 important fights when Cotto fought him.

Ehhh I guess Corley was alright, but he was coming off the loss to Mayweather at the time.
          what did they do ? they were actaully world champions , something manfreddy has never done in his entire carrreer..

damn judah was comming off a loss too when floyd fought him , but you still included him as floyd best win..

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            No one can count Chop Chop for Cotto. That fight was some serious home town cooking. I, as a Cotto fan was ashamed of that fight.
            That and banging Zab to the balls made me hate Cotto for a while. But he started to grow on me after the Mosley and Clottey fights.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              what did they do ? they were actaully world champions , something manfreddy has never done in his entire carrreer..

damn judah was comming off a loss too when floyd fought him , but you still included him as floyd best win..
              Judah was actually still in the Top 10 when Floyd beat him. Not a very good or big win, but a solid one. Definitely not Floyd's best wins. I don't believe Corley was still in the Top 10 when Cotto fought him, could be wrong though.

Comment

Castillo beat prime Casamayor, Corrales, Lazacano, Diaz, Johnston. Also wanted to fight Kostya Tszyu.

Arguably (definitely IMO) beat Mayweather, the very best version of Mayweather, at that. Even if you didn't have him beating him, you can agree that he did way better than Cotto did against him.

He also is 50% responsible for the greatest fight of the decade and one of the very best fights of all time = Castillo-Corrales I.

Jose Luis Castillo = Legend

Miguel Cotto = Overhyped bum

Comment

JLC was the best lightweight of his era can you say the same about Cotto in anyweight class he fought in

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I personally don't believe you'll find too many people willing to bash Cotto over Trout. There are a lot of people on this site that quite frankly have no business saying a damn thing about Cotto facing Trout.
                    you have a point my guy, but unfortunately I see plenty of it on this site. shameful!

Comment

Cotto's resume wins. Followed by Castillo, then Corrales.

Comment

Working...
                      X