• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhh, no 50... just no.

Comment

Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Stupid comment IMO, two completely different sports.
        Really? So mma and boxing is not a combat sport?

Comment

So is Karate.

Comment

Originally posted by billygoathurler View Post

50 cent spitting the truth! I hope he gets more cats thinking and being open minded like him. When you really hear him speak outside of hip hop, he seems like a very educated and normal dude.
            Personally I am not a fan of MMA.

The standup is a joke.

I seen two guys fight that were so afraid of each others jiu jitsu that they stood up the whole time and it was just awful. This is how I see most fights.

Even wack ass Cain T-Rex Arms Velasquez doesnt help. I do care if its Raza doing good but I cant watch that ****.

These guys are supposedly "ultimate fighters" but they get KOd by the most telegraphed haymaker of shots.

Oh but they are MASTERS of rolling around with sweaty, hairy dudes on the ground for hours. MASTERS.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              As dan_cov said they're two different sports, it's like saying someone should like Cricket because they like Baseball.
              I think it's more of a Rugby and American football comparison. >__>..imo

Anyway, they're two different sports with one of them incorporating the other into it. I dont think its stupid to say, just a little off base. Many here follow MMA casually (will watch when no boxing myself) while the real mma fans tend to know some of their boxing as well. Infact, some were or are die hard boxing fans or started that way. Much respect to anyone who battles another man in their own respective combat sport. If some of the other sports were more easily accesible I wouldnt mind throwing some muay thai on tv on a lazy sunday and familiarize myself with it.

Comment

there's too much kicking. Real men fight with 10 counts and hands only! and NO THROWS. Real men don't throw other people around.

Comment

i was just thinking about this the other day i have watched hundreds of hours of boxing and tons and tons of boxing matches on tv and have literally never turned mma/ufc on my tv once or marked my calendar for one of their events idk what it is but my interest level for mma is 0%. no disrespect to them though it just is not one of my interests.

Comment

They aren't even remotely the same. Other than the stand up part I can't see how being a boxing fan you would like MMA. Boxing is my favorite sport and I have never liked or shown interest in MMA. MMA isn't for me.

Comment

They are absolutely separate sports. I love both. Its to me like comparing football and baseball. The best boxer probably gets smashed in mma and the top mma fighter gets smashed in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X