Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson admits he was weight drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand but theres more to it then the fighters wishes! His management has something to say then promotions throws their 2 cents in so if your not strong willed you cave to the pressure. Everyone thinks you need a Vegas trainer to fight in Vegas! I went through all this crap when I first broke in but my war horses did what they were supposed to do and my kids kept winning so it never bothered me. You need thick skin in alot of circumstances in boxing!
    Chad needs to get back to doing what he does best! He was a very successful amatuer boxer and theres plenty of great pros who brought some of their amatuer methods with them, especially the laterial movements and setting up with in & out movement!! You have to be "yourself" in the ring.
    Ray.

Comment

It's all mental with Chad, he just doesn't have any real fight in him. Has the talent, technique and athletic ability, but doesn't seem to actually care about fighting or even want to do it.

I really don't care to see him in the ring anymore. He lacks any sort of pulse, he just goes through the motions.

Comment

It's all mental with Chad, he just doesn't have any real fight in him. Has the talent, technique and athletic ability, but doesn't seem to actually care about fighting or even want to do it.

I really don't care to see him in the ring anymore. He lacks any sort of pulse, he just goes through the motions.

Comment

The weight clearly affected him but he wanted it at 168 so boo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            amazing how he claims he was drained now aint it..so was he lying before??or is he lying now???lol
            Why would someone say ''Well at 168lb I will be drained, my punch power will diminish as will my endurance'' before a big fight. Go throughout the sports history and find a fighter who openly acknowledged the problems with their conditioning going into a fight.

It is not something they do and with good reason. If Chad Dawson told Ward he'd be physically drained in the fight then Ward would be more inclined to go to his body.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Everyone thinks you need a Vegas trainer to fight in Vegas! I went through all this crap when I first broke in but my war horses did what they were supposed to do and my kids kept winning so it never bothered me.
              Why should Chad consider hiring you? Have you had any success taking pros to the top of the rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Why would someone say ''Well at 168lb I will be drained, my punch power will diminish as will my endurance'' before a big fight. Go throughout the sports history and find a fighter who openly acknowledged the problems with their conditioning going into a fight.

It is not something they do and with good reason. If Chad Dawson told Ward he'd be physically drained in the fight then Ward would be more inclined to go to his body.
                He said it after the fight as well. I don't have time to chase down the quote but here's one from a Bleacher Report columnist who interviewed him, "In his post-fight interview, Dawson was unwilling to make any excuses over the weight."
                So, regardless whether it actually affected him, it's unfortunate that he's turning to excuses now. I think he's too damn good for that.

Comment

I don't think he was drained he looked how he always does, Ward was just better than him and took away his jab which without he is simply not an effective fighter.

Comment

didn't watch the video, can't take a quitter seriously. but he left scully because he chose to drain himself?

Comment

Dawson can make all the excuses he wants. Hell, the weight loss may even have drained him.

BUT the reason he was willing to come down to 168 is because he knows that he isn't a draw/a ticket seller. If he had lost the 175 Title to a guy like Ward at a catchweight, what's he got to fall back on if there is no rematch clause?

Nothing.

This way, he took a risk and if he lost he still had his Light-Heavyweight Title.

Comment

Working...
                      X