Chad Dawson admits he was weight drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're both still young..... Maybe they'll meet up at 75 down the road

Comment

This forum is the most ignorant boxing forum on the web when it comes to weight , most of the people have no clue about weight .

Comment

Whats next.... He was still recovering from the Miranda spar "ko"?

Comment

it was embarrassing enough that he quit...now he's gonna make excuses

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            Exactly. And, these people that clutch onto the weight drain excuse ignore the most basic fact which is that being weight drained is the consequence of fighting a smaller guy.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Exactly. And, these people that clutch onto the weight drain excuse ignore the most basic fact which is that being weight drained is the consequence of fighting a smaller guy.
              I agree with both points here...

Comment

the best LHW on the planet doesn't need to make EXCUSES for getting mugged and stopped 7 whole pounds below his office..it was OBVIOUS his legs were not there after the first few rounds...Chad can fight...a dude as talented as him doesn't need to make EXCUSES for losing to a god like Ward..c'mon man!!...its been Dre Day since his hand was raised in the S6 final...Ward is king!!...no shame in losing to a future great...Chad is just being honest...very HONEST!!

after he slap Pascal around, dudes gonna hop back on his pipe...I recall making bets with a few of you when Chad was fighting B.Hop...funny how you dudes was riding for him then but I'm ridng for him NOW

Comment

Dawson is right, Scully was not the right trainer for him, so why did he hire him in the first place?

Comment

This guy is so screwed up he doesn't know if he's coming or going but things are gonna "went" real soon if he can't figure it out!
                    He was taught a straight up USA amatuer style of boxing by Brian Clark in New Haven Conn and he did very well using his learned boxing skills! He needs to start off that way in his bouts until he sees what openings are there then step up with more meaningfull punches. This kid doesn't have natural strength or power punches but proper technique and mind set can add a great deal to his artinery!!! Go back to Brain and let Brian prep him up and get him sharp with his techniques using boxing skills not fighters techniques. Get in shape for sparing and go back to Vegas and Eddie for that! Eddie needs to buy in to the in & out boxing so this kid could relax and win some rounds because he's very good at it!
                    You need to adapt to your earliest methods because thats whats ingrained in you then you sharpen techniques and formulate a plan. This kid doesn't have any of that, its obvious just watching a few rounds and I don't mean the Ward bout its obvious for a few years now!

He's from my old gym (Ring One New Haven Ct.) he was trained by the young man who took over the gym from me (Brian Clark) and from what my son tells me I trained Chads father!!! So Pop Dawson if your listening, how are ya and tell your kid Chad to "come see me" we'll talk about this "boxing thing" !!
                    Ray Corso

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      This guy is so screwed up he doesn't know if he's coming or going but things are gonna "went" real soon if he can't figure it out!
                      He was taught a straight up USA amatuer style of boxing by Brian Clark in New Haven Conn and he did very well using his learned boxing skills! He needs to start off that way in his bouts until he sees what openings are there then step up with more meaningfull punches. This kid doesn't have natural strength or power punches but proper technique and mind set can add a great deal to his artinery!!! Go back to Brain and let Brian prep him up and get him sharp with his techniques using boxing skills not fighters techniques. Get in shape for sparing and go back to Vegas and Eddie for that! Eddie needs to buy in to the in & out boxing so this kid could relax and win some rounds because he's very good at it!
                      You need to adapt to your earliest methods because thats whats ingrained in you then you sharpen techniques and formulate a plan. This kid doesn't have any of that, its obvious just watching a few rounds and I don't mean the Ward bout its obvious for a few years now!

He's from my old gym (Ring One New Haven Ct.) he was trained by the young man who took over the gym from me (Brian Clark) and from what my son tells me I trained Chads father!!! So Pop Dawson if your listening, how are ya and tell your kid Chad to "come see me" we'll talk about this "boxing thing" !!
                      Ray Corso
                      Like many have said before Chad switches trainers too much, he switched trainers 9 times, and has had 7 different trainers. That's probably the main reason why he's looked lackluster in many his fights. He needs to stick with one so the trainer has a better understand of how Dawson should be boxing effectivley.

Just think of Andre Ward for example. Virgil Hunter has been his trainer for his entire career. Bernard Hopkins has had the same team for his entire career. You can't expect a boxer to improve if they are constantly switching trainers.

Comment

Working...
                      X