No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson admits he was weight drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Ward doesn't get a pass, he weight drained Dawson, if you are one of those who says Pacquiao weight drains fighters because he fights a catchweight 1-2 pounds below the limit but don't believe Dawson fighting a full weight class below the limit wasn't drained you are just a hypocrite.

Some guys actually think pacs catchweights are more draining than what Dawson had to do to make 168 just because it wasn't at a catchweight.

but like I said for Pacquiao I will say the same for Ward, you cannot blame them, and you must give Pacman and Ward full credit because those guys who fought them supposedly drained agreed upon the limit in negotiations.
    Ward didn't drain Dawson. Dawson beat B-Hop & called out Ward & said he'd go down to 168. He should have never conceded the weight before even beginning negotiations.

That in no way, shape, form or fashion resembles what team Pacman did. They forced catchweights on people. Dawson suggested his own downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      Yeah all that nut riding of Ward you people be did after Ward beat Zombie Dawson mentally drained me.

I`d like to see Ward take on a threat without resorting to fighting someone drained.He was about to duck a fighter he could`nt fight at a weight were that fighter would be drained but that particular fighter got into a car accident giving Ward a loophole.And his name is Anthony Dirrel.

I`m sure you people would be satisfied with Ward fighting Carl froch level opposition his entire career and fighting weight drained fighters who are threats his entire career.
      You people? I picked and rooted for Chad to beat Ward. SMH, try again buddy

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        By: Charles Indriolo : Champion and top light heavyweight ‘Bad’ Chad Dawson (29-0, 17 KOs) is set for a title bout against Jean Pascal in August, however he’s already looking ahead; ahead to moving down in weight.
        Dawson, who’s held many titles at light heavy, feels the division lacks depth and intrigue amongst fans.

Translation: there aren’t many big money fights for him to partake in. Now Dawson is considering a move down in weight to super middle, a division loaded with big name talent. “There is more competition at 168,” Dawson told BoxingScene.com’s Ernest Gabion. “There are more guys who are my age.” The competition at 168 is fierce and full of big name opponents. Carl Froch, Andre Ward, Lucien Bute, Mikkel Kessler, Arthur Abraham, Kelly Pavlik and Andre Dirrell are just a sample of the quality fighters in the division.

Dawson plans to wait until Showtime’s Super Six tournament is over before moving down in weight. He says he would like to challenge the winner. However, other potential opponents such as Lucien Bute and Kelly Pavlik are not included in the Super Six and our options.

The Super Six tournament won’t conclude until early next year. Regardless of his opponent, Dawson seems poised to move down in weight.

“There are more guys who are physically strong and match up evenly with me as opposed to the guys in the light heavyweight division, but we\'ll see what happens. We\'ll see what happens with that tournament and hopefully the winner of that tournament is willing to take a fight with me,” Dawson told Gabion.

Oh you just made me look dum, i feel ashamed putting up this thread (sarcasm).

Just because Dawson thought he could make weight without it having an effect on him does`nt mean making weight did`nt have an effect on him.

Tarver was at heavyweight shooting a Rocky movie shortly before he signed to fight Hopkins ,i can also post articles of Tarver saying he could make lightheavy weight fine when he was training to fight Hopkins.But on fight night all we seen was a zombie who resembled Tarver who Hopkins dominated and dropped and Hopkins is not even a big puncher at Lightheavy.

I can post articles of Chris Byrd saying he could make Light-heavyweight with no problem and all we seen of Chris Byrd at lightheavy was him being put to sleep by a feather-fisted boxer.

If you want to praise Ward for fighting one of the night of the living dead creatures then fine,more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
          You mean he wanted $$$?

Shocking.
          and he didn't complain till after he got that paycheck

typical...

i used to be high on dawson after he beat adamek but he hasnt impressed me since

pascal looked like crap in his last fight but that may have been due to his shoulder and the long lay off...if the pascal from 3 years ago shows up i don't see dawson winning it

people act like that 11th round was the last round of chavez-taylor but pascal was making dawson look sloppy and actually hurt him a couple of times throughout the fight while dawson hurt pascal once in the 11th

Comment

chad should just take the L like a man. You live and you learn. I will know all I need to know about chad after his next fight with pascal.. Chad doesnt show heart and that is sad caus he from new haven. I knew him when he was younger use to beef with his area of new haven. They call them selves the Trey.. He should be showing more heart then what he does. I hope he can turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              He couldn't beat Ward at 175. Ward is the superior fighter.
              We will never know unless Ward is brave enough to take that risk to fight him at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by citolindo View Post
                chad should just take the L like a man. You live and you learn. I will know all I need to know about chad after his next fight with pascal.. Chad doesnt show heart and that is sad caus he from new haven. I knew him when he was younger use to beef with his area of new haven. They call them selves the Trey.. He should be showing more heart then what he does. I hope he can turn it around.
                Chad is taking his L like a man did you watch the vid?He basically said he`s not crying about the mistake he made coming down and he praised Andre Ward in the vid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  You people? I picked and rooted for Chad to beat Ward. SMH, try again buddy
                  I didn`t mean people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                    Oh you just made me look dum, i feel ashamed putting up this thread (sarcasm).

Just because Dawson thought he could make weight without it having an effect on him does`nt mean making weight did`nt have an effect on him.

Tarver was at heavyweight shooting a Rocky movie shortly before he signed to fight Hopkins ,i can also post articles of Tarver saying he could make lightheavy weight fine when he was training to fight Hopkins.But on fight night all we seen was a zombie who resembled Tarver who Hopkins dominated and dropped and Hopkins is not even a big puncher at Lightheavy.

I can post articles of Chris Byrd saying he could make Light-heavyweight with no problem and all we seen of Chris Byrd at lightheavy was him being put to sleep by a feather-fisted boxer.

If you want to praise Ward for fighting one of the night of the living dead creatures then fine,more power to you.
                    the difference is most of those fighters actually looked drained at the weigh in...dawson looked ripped but he didnt look weak

dawson didnt said he struggled making weight, not throughout camp, not on the day of the weigh in and not on the day of the fight...but he is saying it now...and what other choice does he have after being humiliated by ward? he's still the lineal champ at 175 and is still trying to hold onto whatever name value he has...how else would he garner interest in his next fight after such a bad loss...by making excuses

old rjj did it to make money with trinidad and calzaghe

allan green did it after being KOed by a 40+ johnson

erik morales did it after being destroyed by pac in their second fight...

Comment

I hope when he fights pascal he lets his hands go. Shows us some old vintage chad. Show us something new to. I want him to make a statement against pascal.

Comment

Working...
                      X