Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn: We have offered Kessler £2M to fight Froch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know months ago i said this fight wouldnt happen.
    kessler team going thru the motions just to save face.
    kessler use to be one of my favorites. when the idea of the super six tourney started i thought it would end up kessler against froch or ward.

kessler got mentaly broke. he's heading Down the slope not up at this time.
    anyone that thinks he could beat the much improved froch suffers from wishfull thinking.
    some say kesslers team Never had any intentions of a froch rematch.
    kess team will do good. theyll nurture him in sweden so he stays a hero
    and make money and still have his health. which he could loose if he fought froch.
    man just look at kess last fights. jeez...how ...
    oh never mind
    Last edited by STEELHEAD; 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
      you know months ago i said this fight wouldnt happen.
      kessler team going thru the motions just to save face.

kessler use to be one of my favorites. when the idea of the super six tourney started i thought it would end up kessler against froch or ward.
      I've been saying the same thing. Kessler's team talks a good game and that's about it.

Ultimately they will turn down this fight for a completely pathetic excuse like "the venue was too far from the airport".

Their really isn't a legit excuse for turning down a 3.2 million dollar offer for a fight you said you wanted and were willing to travel for. Hearn called their bluff and Kessler will be coming out with something lame here in the next couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        In the event of a Froch win, he would have to face Stevenson, Bute and Kessler before he can get to Ward.

Not a realistic path.
        I don't think Froch really wants a rematch with Ward. He would probably take it in Nottingham but that is unlikely so I think that chapter is closed.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Why offer him a fight on neutral ground if he loses? Offer him the fight on neutral ground now and he would probably say yes.This fight will probably be another close one and fighting Froch in his hometown makes a loss for Kessler likely.
        Froch wants a marquee fight in the UK, a lucrative fight that will bring him mainstream attention. Kessler is well known in the UK, the perfect opponent.

Comment

Money aside, I will be disappointed if Kessler doesn't take this fight as its exactly the sort of fight that both guys are taylor made for in spirit and style, a real brutal war and great for both of their records
          But I'm starting to also wonder if the wind got knocked out of his sail and he no longer has the fight In him..I hope it gets signed

Comment

In the event of a Froch win, he would have to face Stevenson, Bute and Kessler before he can get to Ward.

Not a realistic path.
            He should forget about Ward.

Not a realistic chance of him winning.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              He should forget about Ward.

Not a realistic chance of him winning.
              Agreed, but if he beats Kessler in a return it would be the only logical fight left for him to make. Sure he'd lose, but he would have tried and he'd still have had a great career.

Comment

"But, if we do not hear from him, we may have to take Stevenson.

"It is a fight Canadian television and HBO are interested in, so there is a lot of money in it."
                HBO can't really be interested in Froch-Stevenson, can they? The major US TV boxing stations didn't carry his last fight with Bute and Stevenson is hardly a huge name.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  HBO can't really be interested in Froch-Stevenson, can they? The major US TV boxing stations didn't carry his last fight with Bute and Stevenson is hardly a huge name.
                  Didn't HBO show Stevenson-George?

Comment

Kessler fans should just forget about Mikkel. Brian Neilsen is having his double hip replacement tomorrow and hopes to be back in the ring soon enough.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...5362--box.html

Comment

Didn't HBO show Stevenson-George?
                      Not 100% sure but I found this:

There is an IBF super middleweight eliminator fight this weekend that isn’t getting the publicity it should. Don “Da Bomb” George is taking on Adonis “Superman” Stevenson this Friday and its not on HBO or SHOWTIME. Instead, the fight will Air on WealthTV. This is surprising because this fight is going to be a barn burner.

Comment

Working...
                      X