No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido vs. Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    He hasn't dominated the division, it was silly of HBO to say that.

But he has been avoided by the other titleholders. Sergio, Quillan or Geale need to man up and fight GGG.
    Shoot, Sergio isn't dodging anyone. N'Dam, Pirog, and Sturm might be ducking but I don't believe that Sergio is scared of any person. You have to remember also that since HBO is portraying GGG to be this monster, it is going to make some of these dudes conveniently overlook him.

I know they are trying to market him but they are going to wind up paying good money or him to beat up cans in it for a payday because all the better known guys are taking the easier route. Another thing is that because they are trying to build him up so much, they are going to have to let the biggest fights "marinate" now instead of just matching him up. They are going to have to guide him and another top dude toward each other by putting them on the same card or something....they have too much invested in him at this point. I can see them trying match him with Quillin later on in 2013.

Comment

Mikey UD or Salido knocks him out

60-40 Mikey. I like both Salido and Mikey but I will be rooting for Salido because he's the slight underdog IMO

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Shoot, Sergio isn't dodging anyone...

"Maravilla" is the best middleweight on earth. If there's enough money in it, his promoter will make the fight.

Comment

i got salido i see him cutting off the ring and possibly stopping young mikey.. i think salido brings more expericence but this could be the time for mikey to shine just hope its a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I think Mikey will gradually break Salido down and stop him around round 8.
            I got Mikey but salido is very tough, I will give him all the credit if he stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
              I've got Garcia by UD. People are forgetting how bad Salido looked(he was KD and hurt) in his fight before the Juanma rematch.

He didn't look bad; got knocked down twice and seemed hurt after the second knockdown(which obviously caught him by surprise at the very start of the round) but he recovered quickly enough and dominated the fight overall.

It does show that he can be hurt,though,and that his aggression could very well be his downfall against a guy that has genuine power,picks his shots very well and has shown himself to be a really good finisher.

I'm tippin' my hat in Mikey the lad's favour at this point.Think he's got a good chance in stopping him,too.

Comment

There's really been no interesting fights on the past three Saturdays.

Jan 19 will be the first good night of boxing in 2013.

Comment

What a first four months of boxing headed our way.

Comment

Garcia will win by UD but Salido is going to make him earn it.

Comment

24 hours to go

Comment

Working...
                      X