No announcement yet.

When it is all said and done Donaire will smash the Cuban Rigo and his fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    That's not a bad point, but it falls far short of explaining Cuba's relative success at the Olympics.

I'm going to use one comparison for the sake of example: Mexico has a population of over 113 million people. Cuba has 11 million. Mexico had one gold medal at the 2012 Olympics. Cuba had 5. How do you explain that? Don't tell me all but one great Mexican athlete has gone pro. Economy? Mexico's economy is light-years ahead of Cuba's, since she trades freely with the greatest economic power in world history, the United States.

(For the record, I chose Mexico for the fact that she produces some great athletes, has a huge population, and is far more economically strong than Cuba.)
    I am not sure on Mexico. I don't know what sports they play but I assume boxing and Soccer are what the children aim for.

To be fair, the equivalent if per population is similar to Great Britain. That's pretty good, but Britain has many athletes that are successful and in the top 10 in so many other sports, as well as greats in things such as literature, arts, business, film etc...

Some nations hold sports in high regard, and Cuba is one of them, as well as the USA. The UK does not give any scholarships for sports at all for example. You won't even get more than 40 people watching a soccer game between high schools.

What are you talking about, dude? Nationalism is rampant around these parts. Well over half the members here only follow boxing because they have a representative of their homeland competing. Don't tell me that's your only issue. If that's the case, get started on your race-baiting threads with the other peoples on this forum, you've got a lot of work to do.

As I said before, most of the Cubans on this forum have come here hungry to follow their countrymen. We've been deprived of our pro fighters for a half-century. I've been a boxing fan since I was a kid in the early seventies. My favorite fighters have come from different races and nations. Now that my boys are finally making it to freedom and competing en masse, I think my, and my fellow Cubanos', enthusiasm is understandable.
    Good points here. I can't disagree with you.

Comment

TS failed with his OP so now he's resorting to trolling.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

WTF you on about biatch. Wait til Donaire Knocks your boy out.

He will get Pacquiao'd the way he jumps in and out with his hands low.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller
          Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

WTF you on about biatch. Wait til Donaire Knocks your boy out.

He will get Pacquiao'd the way he jumps in and out with his hands low.
          Why you so mad? Lol troll getting mad.

You could be right but for the mean time let's talk about how your idol is ducking on live TV and articles. Lets talk about stuff that has actually happened. Not the future like you're some type of psychic, Miss Cleo.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
            I am not sure on Mexico. I don't know what sports they play but I assume boxing and Soccer are what the children aim for.

To be fair, the equivalent if per population is similar to Great Britain. That's pretty good, but Britain has many athletes that are successful and in the top 10 in so many other sports, as well as greats in things such as literature, arts, business, film etc...

Some nations hold sports in high regard, and Cuba is one of them, as well as the USA. The UK does not give any scholarships for sports at all for example. You won't even get more than 40 people watching a soccer game between high schools.
            I've already stated my rationale for comparing Cuba with a country such as Mexico at the Olympics. Just because a particular country is inclined towards certain sports doesn't mean they don't have competent athletes interested in other sports. Mexicans compete in more than just soccer and boxing. Mexico sent a total of 102 athletes to the 2012 Games; they competed in 23 sports. By contrast, Cuba sent 111 athletes and competed in 13 sports. The numbers are comparable, but Cuba won five gold while Mexico won one.

As for Great Britain, you're starting to go out on a limb. There are just too many disparate advantages. The UK is a first-world country, formerly a world power, with a much longer and prouder history than Cuba. Her economy and development are on another plane, to say the least. There's just no comparison in general achievement (although Cuba and Cubans have done remarkably well in many areas of endeavor, to be sure). The fact that Cuba is able to score the same number of gold (per-capita) as Great Britain is impressive, to say the least. Spin it any way you want.

Comment

You could be right but for the mean time let's talk about how your idol is ducking on live TV and articles. Lets talk about stuff that has actually happened. Not the future like you're some type of psychic, Miss Cleo.

He aint ducking nobody. He wants Mares who has done more than Rigo in his career. Rigo is 2nd.

Doanire must be damn good if negotiating with the 11st and 2nd best in division is getting hate.

Comment

Gotta say, I LOLed on that one!

Comment

I've already stated my rationale for comparing Cuba with a country such as Mexico at the Olympics. Just because a particular country is inclined towards certain sports doesn't mean they don't have competent athletes interested in other sports. Mexicans compete in more than just soccer and boxing. Mexico sent a total of 102 athletes to the 2012 Games; they competed in 23 sports. By contrast, Cuba sent 111 athletes and competed in 13 sports. The numbers are comparable, but Cuba won five gold while Mexico won one.

As for Great Britain, you're starting to go out on a limb. There are just too many disparate advantages. The UK is a first-world country, formerly a world power, with a much longer and prouder history than Cuba. Her economy and development are on another plane, to say the least. There's just no comparison in general achievement (although Cuba and Cubans have done remarkably well in many areas of endeavor, to be sure). The fact that Cuba is able to score the same number of gold (per-capita) as Great Britain is impressive, to say the least. Spin it any way you want.
                  I already said after doing some research, Cuba has done pretty well. However I disagree about being affluent means you will be successful in sports. There are many distractions growing up in a wealthy country. In many oor places, sports is a way to earn good money, however say, like in the UK, you have many choices to earn good money.

Comment

He aint ducking nobody. He wants Mares who has done more than Rigo in his career. Rigo is 2nd.

Doanire must be damn good if negotiating with the 11st and 2nd best in division is getting hate.
                    He wants mares because he knows that fight can't be made. Just like how he preferred Gamboa over rigo when Gamboa was not even fighting due to contract stipulations. He is and has been ducking rigo. Period !

Comment

I already said after doing some research, Cuba has done pretty well. However I disagree about being affluent means you will be successful in sports. There are many distractions growing up in a wealthy country. In many oor places, sports is a way to earn good money, however say, like in the UK, you have many choices to earn good money.
                      Is there any other country that is in a similar economical space as Cuba that medals as often ?

Comment

Working...
                      X