Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

So now you're just being straight up disrespectful towards another nationality? Lol...

Maybe you didn't follow the Olympics close enough to know Cubans grabbed medals in shooting and wrestling as well as weightlifting.

CubanGuyNYC would also let you know that we have had a very successful chess player and bodybuilder back in the day.

Cuba also dominated the sport of volleyball and baseball for quite some time my friend.

The level some fanboys bring themselves down to just to defend their fighters.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Jose Raul Capablanca was the first and only Latino chess world champion. He was a genius that's regarded to this day as a titan in the field. Sergio Oliva (recently deceased, RIP) was the first and only Latino Mr. Olympia (the highest bodybuilding title), one of only two bodybuilders to ever beat Arnold Shwarzenegger in competition.

Cubans had a professional boxing world champion before Mexico and Puerto Rico, the original Kid Chocolate. Cuba was the first Latin-American country to have an Olympic champion, Ramon Fonst (fencing). The first Latina to win Olympic gold is Maria Caridad Colon, a Cuban. I can go on....
    That's the post I was looking for.

This dude claims Cuba fails at other sports and at the same time claims he was participating in the thread that was in the lounge but has no idea what type of medals we won in 2012.

Comment

I made a thread over a week ago explaining the emergence of a new breed of irrational boxing fans was starting to take over " Mathysse-tards" (which is true) and was immediately banned for " trolling", needless to say I was shocked when all I see on this sight are posters trolling Floyd fans or pacquiao fans. Or just flat out race baiting this thread is a prime example .

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing
        I made a thread over a week ago explaining the emergence of a new breed of irrational boxing fans was starting to take over " Mathysse-tards" (which is true) and was immediately banned for " trolling", needless to say I was shocked when all I see on this sight are posters trolling Floyd fans or pacquiao fans. Or just flat out race baiting this thread is a prime example .
        Mods around here will ban randomly for "trolling" or "spamming" but will somehow miss the racial posts and threads. I'll probably end up banned after this post.

Comment

Considering our low participation in the 2012 Olympics and how low our population is, we still managed to be top 20 in medal counts.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
            Horrible ... Just horrible. Have you seen rigo fight ? ****ty defense ? While ass attack ? Rigo is the exact opposite of " wild" he's ultra patient and picks and chooses when he wants to engage all the while controlling the pace and action of the fight. No jab/ defense Why is it that he can stand in front of fighters hold his ground and they are reluctant to move forward and throw punches ?
            They're wary of the mongoose-like reflexes, cobra-like speed and explosive punching power Rigo possesses. We saw Guille get tagged a couple of times by Marroquin and touched by a Cordoba jab, but his defense is pretty impressive. This is boxing. It's a fight. I've yet to hear of any fighter retiring "unhit".

Comment

I favor Nonito I just think he is a special fighter but this would be a terrible fight for him based off of styles. Donaire is a counter puncher first and foremost, yes he stalks his opponents but he still waits for them to initiate before he really let his punches go. Rigo isn't about to lead and that kind of movement bothers Donaire, this would be a tough fight for Nonito but I still got him winning.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post

This dude claims Cuba fails at other sports and at the same time claims he was participating in the thread that was in the lounge but has no idea what type of medals we won in 2012.
                We've won medals, many of them gold, in all kinds of sports, not just boxing. I've done the research. Cuba rivals first-world countries with far bigger populations and massive economic resources in Olympic success. Some will say it's because the Cuban government puts unusually great emphasis on sport. This is true. But it's also true that Cubans have won gold before Castro was even born!

I'm not trying to say Cubans are superior to anyone. But we're not inferior to anyone, either. We have our share of success to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  Indeed, some of the stuff I see posted around here.... SMH

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

We've won medals, many of them gold, in all kinds of sports, not just boxing. I've done the research. Cuba rivals first-world countries with far bigger populations and massive economic resources in Olympic success. Some will say it's because the Cuban government puts unusually great emphasis on sport. This is true. But it's also true that Cubans have won gold before Castro was even born!

I'm not trying to say Cubans are superior to anyone. But we're not inferior to anyone, either. We have our share of success to be proud of.
                    No doubt. Only an ignorant uneducated individual such as the TS would say or believe what he said...

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                      Rigo can stick to facing crappy opponents who have not achieved anything in their lives.

Rigo has fast feet, but his defence is ****. Yea he relis on his body movement and reflexes but his hands are low and he gets hit.
                      He doesn't appear to take a left hook well, and that is a shot Donaire will land on him.
                      Rigo looks accurate vs guys wh have no defence at all. Weak chins.

Marroquin has a 60% KO ratio and look at the guys he ko'd... 5 losses and ****.

Cordoba dropped him and landed his left all day long.

Wild as **** attack that exposes him. Leaning into shots like he is about to go doggy style with lara.

he has this pawing jab that amount to nothing.

he gets hit to the body easily and doesnt block them well

low workrate

he is getting ktfo
                      sorry boy but cordova land nothing, a jab that caught GR coming in and Marroqin out weighted Rigondeaux by 8 pounds, basically he was fighting a JLW, on top of that my boy GR was having a lots of trouble in court, he was pull out of his bed for that fight that's why he seems so unfocused, he want it to stay home after all the $h1t that happened.
                      Last edited by garfios; 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X