Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner v Ricky Burns - Objectively break down this fight for me please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyways, Burns is a solid fundamentally sound boxer. He has fights with the high guard, sets everything up with his jab and has very deceptive power. I don't think his KO ratio does him justice. To me he looks very strong at lightweight.

Broner fights out of the shell defense but that's where the comparisons with Floyd end. He doesn't have the ring IQ that Floyd has and he's not what I would call a defensive fighter. He's a very big, strong and powerful lightweight, very solid body puncher and has decent handspeed. His goal is to ware you down, walk you down and get rid of you.

The difference in this fight will be Broner's athleticism, speed and power. Burns is solid enough to hang tough in the early rounds but Broner's early body work will pay off in the later rounds and he will either cruise to a UD or get rid of Burns late in the fight.

Comment

I wanna see this fight because Burns will test Broner. Speaking of testing, Burns-Vasquez should be interesting as well. Anyway, Broner holds a lot of the physical advantages but I don't see him just walking Burns down like he did DeMarco. He might actually eat some shots and be forced to move a little more than he likes. Burns is solid but unspectacular. He's not a big puncher but he will mix it up and that may help him here. I don't see him getting discouraged as quickly as Broner's recent opposition has. Burns is also seasoned and has shown good determination. That said, I like Broner in this one. But I suspect it will be competitive and, if Broner turns out to be the real deal, this is the sort of fight he needs to get him there. Color me unimpressed thus far.

Comment

Ricky a good fighter and I think he would put up more of a fight then demarco but will get stopped earlier.

Demarco tried to win but is very limited in what he can do and he is too patient, Ricky will try to win aswell and be more successful in doing so but will get stopped faster by broner who is just too big, too strong and too skilled for anyone in the 135 division.

Comment

Burns has a hard time penetrating Broner's patented "dollar general grade" Mayweather defense in the first 2 rounds but he stays active enough to have Broner looking pedestrian.

He begins to land the jab consistently in the third and looks impressive as he smacks Boner's head around with each connect.

Boner continues to try and walk Burns down but can't close the distance without eating jabs. In the 6th round, Boner gives into his frustrations and fouls Burns by throwing him on to the canvas but receives no warning from the ref.

Boner continues to foul Burns in the later rounds with sucker punches and low blows until the ref finally deducts a point.

A scandal emerges in the 10th as Boner's corner asserts illegal activity from the Burns camp and after a halt in the action, the fight is ruled a DQ win for Boner due to the fact that Burns had too many assistants in his corner.

Comment

watched burns fights on youtube and my god Broner would beat the ever living **** out of him. And i'm not even a broner fan but burns is really nothing special. As annoying as broner you can't deny that it will take a special fighter to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              Looking at this subjectively, I still believe it's almost a 50/50 fight. Broner has a solid shoulder roll defense but it's not his best asset. Defensively he isn't even world class, he still gets caught, I'd give his defense a C+. It's nowhere near as good as Floyd. Broner's biggest advantage is his handspeed combined with power. His same time countering can be very fast at times and with his feet planted, he hits the other guy hard. Connecting often + connecting with power = damage to your opponent.

Burns isn't as good as Broner defensively but has improved over the years. His footwork is better than Broner's slow, plodding movements. Burns defense is probably a C-. What Burns has developed over the years and was seen in his performances against the likes of Martinez and Mitchell is his ability to take a good shot and respond with counter combos of 2-3 punches. Burns also has one hell of an engine and he'll be with Broner every step of the way.

If I really had to pick a winner, gun to head, I'd give a slight edge to the physically stronger Broner.
              Wow, you're really underestimating Broner. I guess you'll be surprised to see him hardly get hit in that fight if it ever happens. Broner's defense is at least a B+. If he has a chin to go with that defense, he's going to be nearly impossible to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                watched burns fights on youtube and my god Broner would beat the ever living **** out of him. And i'm not even a broner fan but burns is really nothing special. As annoying as broner you can't deny that it will take a special fighter to beat him.
                I agree. I watched a couple of Burns' most recent fights and he looks like an average good fighter that shouldn't even be a champion. If he beats Vasquez, I'll give him major props.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Burns has a hard time penetrating Broner's patented "dollar general grade" Mayweather defense in the first 2 rounds but he stays active enough to have Broner looking pedestrian.

He begins to land the jab consistently in the third and looks impressive as he smacks Boner's head around with each connect.

Boner continues to try and walk Burns down but can't close the distance without eating jabs. In the 6th round, Boner gives into his frustrations and fouls Burns by throwing him on to the canvas but receives no warning from the ref.

Boner continues to foul Burns in the later rounds with sucker punches and low blows until the ref finally deducts a point.

A scandal emerges in the 10th as Boner's corner asserts illegal activity from the Burns camp and after a halt in the action, the fight is ruled a DQ win for Boner due to the fact that Burns had too many assistants in his corner.
                  hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Oh, ****!!!

Comment

i think if ricky burns fights broner, ricky burns will be getting stopped!

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Oh, ****!!!
                      Took a couple minutes to think up the reason for the DQ too.

Comment

Working...
                      X