Danny Garcia: "He(Canelo) never beat a top 154 lb fighter..Trout is a problem"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo vs Trout

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Yall still building the Trout monster huh. When Canelo hits his ass he will retreat. Canelo is improving on his patients and cutting the ring. Trout is above average no doubt but not a beast. He has a good jab but Canelo will walk through it then walk him down. I would bet on Canelo to lose early rounds and then one left hook changes the game.

So there you go Bush, Danny doesnt know what the fuk he's talking about.

Isnt that what Cotto was "supposed" to do to Trout??? It never happened right?

What makes you think Canelo will walk through him???

And.....isnt this the same Canelo that Cotto's brother rocked and almost KO a few fights back???

I see Trout doing a mirror fight with Canelo and Canelo having a punchers chance "IF" he can land that one punch just like Cotto was suppose to do.

Canelo is protected and thats the bottom line but mark my notes his days as a paper champ is coming to an end on one of the next 3 fights.

Comment

garcia speaking the truth here

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Well thanks. I've always known that I couldn't take the word of a professional boxing champion over the word of studentofthegame!!
        This is a public sight so assumed your comment was for average joes like me. I wasnt playin devils advocate. I see it that way.

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
        when has Canelo displayed his massive punching power? I would like to see the fight. @ WW he may have above average power...but hes unproven at 154... i think his punching power is a myth.. he needs to prove otherwise... lets compare him to Cotto since they have some common opponents...

Cotto KO Gomez 5
        Canelo KO Gomez 6 (early stoppage)

Cotto UD over Ndou
        Canelo UD over Ndou

in canelos only fight against a legit 154 lb guy in Rhodes... it took him 12.... i think his power is overrated.... and canelo fought those 2 guys many years after cotto already beat em...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Power is a funny subject. A lot of it is predicated on timing as much as pop. He's learning how to make a mufuka lean on it. Look at his KO ratio. I haven't yet but I'm sure its good. Look at how his opponents retreat when he land big power shot. You can't deny his power because for a while that's all that kept him afloat. His double left is absolutely beautiful.

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
        Isnt that what Cotto was "supposed" to do to Trout??? It never happened right?

What makes you think Canelo will walk through him???

And.....isnt this the same Canelo that Cotto's brother rocked and almost KO a few fights back???

I see Trout doing a mirror fight with Canelo and Canelo having a punchers chance "IF" he can land that one punch just like Cotto was suppose to do.

Canelo is protected and thats the bottom line but mark my notes his days as a paper champ is coming to an end on one of the next 3 fights.
        I'm pretty sure I didn't pick Cotto by KO so that doesn't apply. A big difference to me is mentality along with the fact that Canelo hits harder than Cotto. You see, Cotto fights to win. Alvarez, yes wants to win to but he also makes a point to punish the other guy. I'm just now coming around to Cinnamon so its not fan boy sh#t. I respect improvement especially when im wrong about a fighter from jump. Trout is gonna have to run for 12 if he has any chance.

Comment

Interesting fight...they need to make it happen.

Comment

Garcia better keep his mouth shut, Canelo isn't afraid fighting 140 lbers. And the sad thing is Danny would probably be his best win.

Comment

Trout beats Canelo by a comfortable UD. I'd be stunned if they risked the Mayweather fight by giving him Trout first.

Comment

matthysse be lookin for u danny

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                  matthysse be lookin for u danny
                  the whole boxing world knows Danny will be in BK on Feb 9....I'm quite sure Lucas knows where the Barclay's arena is located...if not, somebody in the Big Apple would gladly give him the directions...if he REALLY want it he would come through and make a scene...jump in the ring Mosley style and DEMAND a fight...thats if he's REALLY chasing

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                    garcia speaking the truth here
                    nobody has come in here and tried to deny it yet...they're just trying to put him in the same boat as Nelo...more should be expected of a dude with 42 pro fights than a dude with 26 pro fights imo...they're roughly the same age

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      the whole boxing world knows Danny will be in BK on Feb 9....I'm quite sure Lucas knows where the Barclay's arena is located...if not, somebody in the Big Apple would gladly give him the directions...if he REALLY want it he would come through and make a scene...jump in the ring Mosley style and DEMAND a fight...thats if he's REALLY chasing
                      he should actually show up

Comment

Working...
                      X