Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Hey, your entitled to your own opinion.
    Oh I am? Thanks for telling me because I wasn't aware.

Seriously, if you think that Mayweather is tailor-made for Guerrero then you shouldn't express your opinions publicly. Better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you're a fool then to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by GAR1680-Boxing View Post
      If Guerrero is able to use the infighting style he used against Berto, and the ref allows it (instead of breaking them up throughout the fight), then Mayweather might have his hands full. That shoulder-roll won’t work for Floyd if Guerrero has his body against his—up against the ropes—and he’s banging away at the head and body continuously.
      Some guys really think Guerrero has a chance against Mayweather. So, you're telling us Floyd will leave Guerrero take him to the ropes like he did with Berto?

Comment

Schaefer is like all promoting company's trying to hype things up, cause Canelo HASN'T fought ANYBODY to be even considered or to be mentioned next to De La Hoya's name(when it comes to the level of opponents faced) & if "Golden Boy"wants to finish milking what they can out of Canelo then they should just try to do the Canelo/Mayweather fight next cause I don't see Canelo getting past Trout(if that fight does get done)& against Mayweather I don't know if they are going to break any PPV records, but I definitely see Canelos face & undefeated record being broken..& loosing to a fighter of Mayweather's caliber won't be as bad as loosing to relatively still unknown(to many) Austin Trout & against Mayweather the ca$h flow will definitely be alot more!!!!

Comment

Sad part here is that it will really do great in PPV sales. I say "Sad" cuz we're talking about a guy that has never faced a top opponent from his weight class, but he became a big attraction. I feel sorry for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Oh I am? Thanks for telling me because I wasn't aware.

Seriously, if you think that Mayweather is tailor-made for Guerrero then you shouldn't express your opinions publicly. Better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you're a fool then to open it and remove all doubt.
            Well I will break down the FIGHT LOGICS! And of course, YOU wont have a response! The reason the matchup favors Robert, is because a SMALLER guy, potshotting, with soft, one or two shots, fighting a BIGGER guy who is durable, who SWARMS! There is a difference between combination punching, and swarming! If Robert was combination punching like Ortiz, Floyd can look pretty, outbox, avoid, parry, whatever! SWARMING, is when the punches are so close together, that you have to PUNCH-N-CLINCH! This is Floyd vs a bigger, stronger, faster, more durable version of Hatton! I know boxing, you dont! Also, Cotto was short, stubby, with slow, left hands! He got outpunched by Floyd! Robert is huge, tall, waaay faster than Cotto, and he is NOT getting outpunched by Floyd! Like I said before, Punch N Clinch come May 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Good thing you are not a promoter or manager lol.. Do you think the people that run this sheet are that dumb? You taking about economics! They are the economy, they know everything needed to maximise a PPV sale, Paulie M might have a bigger name than Guerrero (Not that I agree) but he doesn't have the Latino boxing fans base behind him, Guerrero might not be a PPV fighter but he has a Latino name and a Latino name (especially Mexican ) plus Mayweather equal PPV sales.... Oppose to an Italian name or an African American name against Mayweather.

And you think promoters don't care about making the biggest fight FINANCIALLY that they can? And you undermind and belittle latin fans by saying Guerrero is their hope now? Then you disrespect by saying Mayweather vs Bradley wouldn't be bigger than a Guerrero vs Mayweather? I know latin fans come out but I think their intelligent enough to know when someone really has a chance vs someone who doesn't.

Comment

Record breaking numbers.

Not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  Im a hater, or YOUR a groupie who picks and chooses fighters to be biased for? All you did was hate on Robert, because someone else feels that he will be a major issue! I dont care about his paper titles, his wins, losses, I dont even like Robert! All I care about is the STYLE MATCHUP! Styles make fights! Short Floyd, vs a bigger, stronger, more durable version of Hatton! Punch-n-Clinch come May 4th! I know boxing, you dont.

Im proud to say that I've been a boxing groupie for over 30 years my dude and I aint stopping. I've been one before Floyd and will be one after and real talk, I've studied MANY fighters before my time also and have also dibbed and dabbed in the ring myself so if your looking for a fly-by-night fanboy you've got the wrong one dude. Your right styles do make fights and Mayweather is sitting down on his punches now better than ever. Don't be foolish enough to compare him fighting with 8oz gloves to fighting with 10oz gloves and Floyd is no jr-middle-wt, it is out of his range but @ 146 you'll see why Bob Arum avoids Floyd. Pacquiao would still KO Guerrero but he won't go near Floyd, trust me there's a reason for that. You'll see :-)
                  Last edited by Sugar Q; 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    Sad part here is that it will really do great in PPV sales. I say "Sad" cuz we're talking about a guy that has never faced a top opponent from his weight class, but he became a big attraction. I feel sorry for boxing.
                    Pretty much this..

Comment

As always, wether Mayweather fights Guerrero or Canelo people wont be satisfied. Although I agree Guerrero has a slightly better chance then Canelo at this point, i don't think its too much of a difference. Financially Canelo at this point would be the most lucrative fight out there, and he has a his own advantages against Mayweather.

Truth is, most wont be satisfied unless he fights the mw champ, which just goes to show how great Mayweather is.

On a side note, i find it funny how people just brush Pacquiao aside at this point, It wasn't too long ago he was one of the best p4p fighters in the world. Not for nothing, but i reserve judgment until i see him in the ring again, although i do feel he had been on the decline his last few fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X