No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Im a hater? When did I hate on Floyd? When did I compare Floyd to Berto? I compared his POWER to them! They are punchers! Floyd's style, and lack of power, will cause him problems vs Robert's size, style, and durability! Robert doesnt throw combinations, he throws FLURRIES! Its a difference! He can counter/avoid combinations! In order to avoid flurries, he will have to punch, and clince, like he did with Hatton! If he engages, he will get beat up, because of Robert's size, output, and speed! Cotto was old, with slow right hands! Robert is not a short, stubby Cotto see? Robert is big, strong, and will swarm with faster left hands than Floyd! I have a mathmatical reason for how I feel the fight will play out! You dont, you just use hype(Robert=lightweight/Floyd=unbeatable) to call the fight! The reason you dont get it, is because well..Like I said before, I know boxing, you dont know boxing.

There's brute power and accuracy. The form and accuracy of a punch is always far more affective than just power ask Manny vs Marquez 4, Tyson verses Douglas, etc. Power alone against a supremely fast and accurate, defensive wizard is meaningless. Floyd will go down as the most intelligent fighter to ever enter a ring. He will not fight Guerrero's fight and I don't see what you think you saw that would make you think he would. I don't even think Guerrero is stupid enough to think he would either. Guerrero beat Berto with a dirty, one track attack and aint no one track attack beating Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
      Robert Guerrero is tailor made for Floyd,hel pick him off at will and probably knock him out in the later rounds.Your basing Robert Guerrero on one performance against a very poor Andre Berto who is nowhere near Floyds level.Have you actually watched any of Roberts other fights hes been awful throughout his career thats why people are only hearing of him now.Ive seen him in stinkers against Casamayor which he was lucky to win,Salido gave him an ass whippin and he was getting outboxed by a 21 year old Daud Yordan until he quit like a ***** on a small cut.Floyd has been almost flawless in over 40 fights,Guerrero is nothing Floyd hasnt seen before itll be another routine win and people will probably question his choice of opponent after the fight like they always do.
      No I actually think Floyd is tailor made for Robert! Floyd potshots with one or two shots. Robert swarms! The only way to avoid swarms is to punch and clinch! Floyd aint gonna be countering, avoiding shots, looking pretty! Robert is going to lay on him and force him! Floyd got touched by slow, short, stubby, Cotto's left hands! He outpunched Cotto! Robert is not slow, short, stubby, and he is NOT getting outpunched by Floyd! Floyd dont have the output! When Floyd lands his counters, Robert will be throwing flurries while getting hit! His chin is too durable, and he NEVER stops throwing, even when he's staggering! Short guy throwing one or two potshots, vs big durable guy, throwing 6 punch flurries with power! Remember, Robert should have gotten a 3rd round TKO over Berto! He will bust Floyd's azz if he starts landing, and Floyd dont have the defense to fight off the ropes like he used to! If Slow azz cotto can land, then Robert's big azz will tare him apart on the ropes easy! I base this off of WW Robert, not his career as a lightweight. Prime Floyd wasnt even to outbox Little, glass jaw Hatton! He had to punch and clinch him! Robert is a bigger, better, stronger, more durable Hatton, and Floyd is allot older to be dealing with the pressure! I know boxing, and others dont! What else can I say?

Comment

No I actually think Floyd is tailor made for Robert!
        This is the probably the dumbest comment I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.

Comment

GBP CEO is right, a Mayweather vs Pac fight is now in the trash can. The only people that will buy such a fight are Pacquiao fans and by the looks of it, there aren't that many left after a Marquez brutaly KOd him. I myself was a Pacquiao fan but no longer. He disapponted me with three back to back poor performances. I for one will not buy anymore Paquiao fights. I guess Mayweather vs Alvarez is the best fight out there rightnow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
            There's brute power and accuracy. The form and accuracy of a punch is always far more affective than just power ask Manny vs Marquez 4, Tyson verses Douglas, etc. Power alone against a supremely fast and accurate, defensive wizard is meaningless. Floyd will go down as the most intelligent fighter to ever enter a ring. He will not fight Guerrero's fight and I don't see what you think you saw that would make you think he would. I don't even think Guerrero is stupid enough to think he would either. Guerrero beat Berto with a dirty, one track attack and aint no one track attack beating Floyd.
            But Floyd is not even as accurate anymore! Against Cotto he had allot of trouble landing on Cotto, and the accuracy numbers were horrible! Even when he does land, it wont STOP ROBERT FROM SWARMING! I dont care what you say. When Robert was staggering he was STILL swarming, with a possesed, roid-monster look on his face! Floyd's issue, is finding a way to get Robert respectful, and he dont have the power for that! I know boxing. Manny got KO'd because Juan came into the fight a power puncher! Everyone knows that he had new power in the fight. Floyd is so small, that if Robert wants to force him, he wont really have a choice! I already said its the SIZE combined with the style! Robert's style is PERFECT for a one-two punching, potshotting smaller guy! He dont really have to change anything, just the pressure from a guy that size, with that output, will be a MAJOR beyotch for Floyd's size, and style! I know boxing.

Comment

No I actually think Floyd is tailor made for Robert! Floyd potshots with one or two shots. Robert swarms! The only way to avoid swarms is to punch and clinch! Floyd aint gonna be countering, avoiding shots, looking pretty! Robert is going to lay on him and force him! Floyd got touched by slow, short, stubby, Cotto's left hands! He outpunched Cotto! Robert is not slow, short, stubby, and he is NOT getting outpunched by Floyd! Floyd dont have the output! When Floyd lands his counters, Robert will be throwing flurries while getting hit! His chin is too durable, and he NEVER stops throwing, even when he's staggering! Short guy throwing one or two potshots, vs big durable guy, throwing 6 punch flurries with power! Remember, Robert should have gotten a 3rd round TKO over Berto! He will bust Floyd's azz if he starts landing, and Floyd dont have the defense to fight off the ropes like he used to! If Slow azz cotto can land, then Robert's big azz will tare him apart on the ropes easy! I base this off of WW Robert, not his career as a lightweight. Prime Floyd wasnt even to outbox Little, glass jaw Hatton! He had to punch and clinch him! Robert is a bigger, better, stronger, more durable Hatton, and Floyd is allot older to be dealing with the pressure! I know boxing, and others dont! What else can I say?

Waste of a debate. There's a reason why people are calling for a fighter who's best fighting weight is 146 to fight a fighter who's best fighting weight is 159 and sorry dude but it's not because they think Guerrero can trump all that, lmfao. Guerrero was relatively unknown before moving up to 147. A bunch of paper titles that nobody cared about. Hater!!!
              Last edited by Sugar Q; 01-06-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                This is the probably the dumbest comment I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.
                Hey, your entitled to your own opinion.

Comment

Wishful thinking

Comment

At Floyd's level the economics of a fight are extremely important. The economics in a Guerrero fight will not bring'em in and are risky when it comes to PPVs cause the Ghost still hasn't done anything significant especially @ 147. Paulie Featherfist has a bigger name @47 than the Ghost does. They will have to stack the under card and hope for the best but if Guerrero wins another name fight or 2 the hype would be crazy.
                    Good thing you are not a promoter or manager lol.. Do you think the people that run this sheet are that dumb? You taking about economics! They are the economy, they know everything needed to maximise a PPV sale, Paulie M might have a bigger name than Guerrero (Not that I agree) but he doesn't have the Latino boxing fans base behind him, Guerrero might not be a PPV fighter but he has a Latino name and a Latino name (especially Mexican ) plus Mayweather equal PPV sales.... Oppose to an Italian name or an African American name against Mayweather.

Comment

Waste of a debate. There's a reason why people are calling for a fighter who's best fighting weight is 146 to fight a fighter who's best fighting weight is 159 and sorry dude but it's not because they think Guerrero can trump all that, lmfao. Guerrero was relatively unknown before moving up to 147. A bunch of paper titles that nobody cared about. Hater!!!
                      Im a hater, or YOUR a groupie who picks and chooses fighters to be biased for? All you did was hate on Robert, because someone else feels that he will be a major issue! I dont care about his paper titles, his wins, losses, I dont even like Robert! All I care about is the STYLE MATCHUP! Styles make fights! Short Floyd, vs a bigger, stronger, more durable version of Hatton! Punch-n-Clinch come May 4th! I know boxing, you dont.

Comment

Working...
                      X