Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Mares would be more competitive than Rigo vs Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    agreed..but mares might get stopped for it..it's easy to rush a guy like moreno with little punching power but to rush a guy as quick, strong and smart as rigo would be dangerous for mares.
    Not only that, but Moreno is lanky which means there's more to hit. Mares was literally able to bully Moreno from corner to corner and beat his body like a drum. Rigo creates a small target, but I trust that Mares has the composure to be there all night. However, I don't think he has all the attributes. Mares has the endurance/stamina, but not the power or reach.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 04-14-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

agreed..but mares might get stopped for it..it's easy to rush a guy like moreno with little punching power but to rush a guy as quick, strong and smart as rigo would be dangerous for mares.
      True bro, he might get stopped. Or he might not. I'll tell you what though, I'd love to see it. And I know Mares would fight him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        True bro, he might get stopped. Or he might not. I'll tell you what though, I'd love to see it. And I know Mares would fight him in a heartbeat.
        how come mares never called out rigo though? would love to see the fight but it's a shame he moved up to 126 so quick...

Comment

how come mares never called out rigo though? would love to see the fight but it's a shame he moved up to 126 so quick...
          If I'm not mistaken Mares said he'd fight them both when they were having problems deciding to fight each other. Again, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            styles make fights.

mares knows how to pressure. he cuts the ring off, uses his jab, and turns up the heat over the course of the round, and the fight. he doesn't tkae a punch for an answer. he's also mean as F. he will clinch, headbutt, low blow, you name it.

donaire tried to chessbox with rigo. that's a bad idea

mares will pressure him, try to shrink the ring, and brawl. he's also got a jab.

rigo UD mares in a much better fight. mares pressure will bring the best out of rigo, especially in a smaller ring.
            Rigo would stop Mares. I would still pick Donaire to spark Mares, even after this performance. Agbeko boxed Mares' ears off in their first fight despite all the low blows. Donaire has a tremendous chin, great punch resistance and Rigo was able to check that from the opening bell. We're so used to seeing Donaire just be naturally bigger than everyone he bullies and beats up, recklessly walking through any flush punch that landed, but he couldn't do that against Rigo.

To think Mares would just eat every punch Rigo throws at him and continue walking forward like it's nothing.... not at all. He'll get stopped or try to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              No dude, you've been stalking me because I put lead in front of hook. You just admitted it. You just said it hasn't been a year. Because I put lead in front of hook. Still doesn't change that I believe that you should be on the inside before letting go with a left hook cause unless you have Floyd esk skill, you could walk into a serious counter.

I think you're childish for (stalking me) over Lead in front of hook. Today, I felt the need to tell you so. A hook is a short punch and unless your name if Floyd or Rigo, you should leave it for close quarters, I stand by that. But feel free to stalk me for another 10-11 months then point out it's not a whole year.
              How you got that^^^^ from this:

Originally posted by deejd View Post
              Stalking; I bumped an old thread, you came here to answer with your usual complaining tone. So yeah, every time we happen to come across the same thread and I read something you try to pass off as knowledgeable, we'll discuss throwing lead left hooks already being on the inside.

I don't know; but I seriously have to question your comprehension level. Maybe you don't understand grammar....? Perhaps chronology isn't your forte...? Either way, it hasn't been years, let alone a single year since you made that incredibly knowledgeable statement about throwing a lead hook while already being on the inside in the training forum. And by the way, that was from late September... so we know you're limited in simple addition/subtraction as well.

Again, I've never seen or even heard of being able to throw a lead hook when already in-fighting. Keep spreading the intellect, though.
              Last edited by deejd; 04-14-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                Mares will go n try to win no matter what he knows n recognizes his abilities are not as good as Rigondeaux so he has to make it an ugly fight, Mares is about the same size as Rigondeaux

unlike Nonito Mares aint gona try to box like Donaire did, hes gona put that pressure just like he did vs Moreno

i think he does have a better chance of beating Rigondeaux than Nonito
                mares already got schooled pretty badly in the amateurs by rigo (although just the amateurs) it's still telling.

to be honest i think mares would get ko'd by both rigo and donaire.......just not all that impressed with mares.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                  Rigo would stop Mares. I would still pick Donaire to spark Mares, even after this performance. Agbeko boxed Mares' ears off in their first fight despite all the low blows. Donaire has a tremendous chin, great punch resistance and Rigo was able to check that from the opening bell. We're so used to seeing Donaire just be naturally bigger than everyone he bullies and beats up, recklessly walking through any flush punch that landed, but he couldn't do that against Rigo.

To think Mares would just eat every punch Rigo throws at him and continue walking forward like it's nothing.... not at all. He'll get stopped or try to survive.
                  thats the problem.......i don't even think mares would be able to take half of what rigo was hitting donaire with.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    thats the problem.......i don't even think mares would be able to take half of what rigo was hitting donaire with.
                    At all... Donaire was the easiest work for Rigo thus far, Mares would take that spot.

Comment

Idk if he can win but that's the fight I wanna see. Mares would attack even if he would get countered to death, he would go and throw. Could probably get ko or shut out like Nonito but he would try to get off some way, some how.

Comment

Working...
                      X